Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Free BOKs are stupid if they still mess up our mastery and hit combo. They need to make things boost the damage of it or not count against combo strikes/hit combo penalty.
    How does it count against Combo strikes and hit combo? It doesn't force you to use 2 BoKs in a row.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    How does it count against Combo strikes and hit combo? It doesn't force you to use 2 BoKs in a row.
    Man I worded that all wrong. I kind of meant that I wanted free BOK's to not count towards the penalty, so you could use two in a row if needed.

The stats on the new legendary are very nice but the effect looks like absolute shit considering SOTW is so low on overall damage and the free BOK is a joke. In ToS I assume 3xRSK relics are going to be undisputedly our only option considering FOF is going to be utterly worthless. FOF relics were nice to maintain decent AOE while sacrificing a bit of ST, but WW doesn't even hold a niche in AOE considering how many other specs can do far better AOE/ST than WW. Even M+ WWs get outdone by a ton of classes, because in higher keys you're forced to take smaller groups.

Maybe we'll go back to MOP and just stack 30% haste and end up with a 2 button playsyle TP=>RSK all day with 2P T19(until Blizz nerfs it) considering Blizzard has no fucking idea what to do with WWs.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    The stats on the new legendary are very nice but the effect looks like absolute shit considering SOTW is so low on overall damage and the free BOK is a joke. In ToS I assume 3xRSK relics are going to be undisputedly our only option considering FOF is going to be utterly worthless. FOF relics were nice to maintain decent AOE while sacrificing a bit of ST, but WW doesn't even hold a niche in AOE considering how many other specs can do far better AOE/ST than WW. Even M+ WWs get outdone by a ton of classes, because in higher keys you're forced to take smaller groups.

Maybe we'll go back to MOP and just stack 30% haste and end up with a 2 button playsyle TP=>RSK all day with 2P T19(until Blizz nerfs it) considering Blizzard has no fucking idea what to do with WWs.
    You live in a world of pure black and white, it can't be easy.

The new legendary effect is decent, probably middle of the pack for our legendaries. Its an easier to use, but less dps, version of the chest. SotW should be around 8-10% of your damage when using WDP, a little more if you factor in more Thunderfist, typically our 3rd most damaging ability after RSK and FoF on single target, so I'd hardly call it "low on overall damage" and the legendary effect "absolute shit".

You assume incorrectly that 3x RSK relics are going to be "undisputedly our only option" and that "FoF is going to be utterly worthless". FoF is going to go from around 20-23% of our damage to 17-19% of our damage, hardly "worthless" and as soon as you add a second target, FoF Relics will get you more damage than RSK relics. Sure, the gap between RSK and FoF relics on single target will be a little bit larger in favor of RSK, but that gap goes from about 3.5 ilvl to 5ish, so hardly game breaking if you decide to stick with FoF relics, and FoF relics have a 2 ilvl edge over RSK on even two targets, and that gap gets larger with more targets.

Now, onto the M+ question. Thankfully we have a way of looking at a spec's performance in M+ using WCL. Now the sample size isn't as large as raids, but large enough to draw conclusions. I'm unsure of what you mean by "higher keys", as everyone will have a different definition of that, but you have to go all the way up to +19 to find where WW falls to the bottom half, and in many difficulties its in the top 3 or top 5. So sure, its not the best, but its hard to say that WW is not very strong and "get[s] outdone by a ton of classes" in M+ based on the data available.

Just to drive home your last point, 30% haste would reduce RSK to a 5.38s CD with the 2pc, so there's no way you could only press those two buttons. You may be correct that Blizzard may have no idea what to do with WWs, but its pretty clear that you're experience and opinion on WW isn't based in a ton of reality.

This is what happens when you bring opinions to a math and fact fight. Just about the only thing you said that was correct was that the stats on the legendary helm are nice.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I've recently noticed that death art seems to be working as the tooltip states now. Specifically the part where if the target dies from ToD the CD is reduced; that feature was broken but I am seeing it work now.

Haha Tigereye Brew is back.... for pvp, replacing Spinning Fire Blossom.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Haha Tigereye Brew is back.... for pvp, replacing Spinning Fire Blossom.
    A completely different version of it yeah... but it's dead on arrival considering the tier it got placed in.

Seriously, they're going to be incredibly hard pressed to get it to be picked over FoF stun outside making the ability super OP, and even then it might still be a hard sell.

Lately blizzard has been trying to come up with changes for our spec only to design pretty much dead changes. We have the meme orbit ring, and now we have TeB on a tier that'll make it unlikely to ever be picked.

Another build and no changes... Why do I even bother reading notes lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    Another build and no changes... Why do I even bother reading notes lmao
    Last week or so should be the tuning patch, which is where we're likely to see all of our changes. If at that point we don't see anything I've already begun working on a DH alt to play until the "oh no... we messed up" hotfix that'll come afterwards.
    Last edited by Shakugan123; 2017-06-01 at 03:21 AM.

Agree!!! Tired of smash +15 spells and stay under second half dps meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakugan123 View Post
    Last week or so should be the tuning patch, which is where we're likely to see all of our changes. If at that point we don't see anything I've already begun working on a DH alt to play until the "oh no... we messed up" hotfix that'll come afterwards.
    Which there is almost certainly going to be a hotfix like that. Its whether WW is addressed before or during that.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Which there is almost certainly going to be a hotfix like that. Its whether WW is addressed before or during that.
    I'm still holding on to a thread of hope for something next week but I honestly think it'll be in a hotfix. Unfortunately, I think a hotfix might be to late for a lot of players. Players can only hold out for so long without substantial changes or communication of upcoming changes before moving to greener (or what looks like greener) pastures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    I'm still holding on to a thread of hope for something next week but I honestly think it'll be in a hotfix. Unfortunately, I think a hotfix might be to late for a lot of players. Players can only hold out for so long without substantial changes or communication of upcoming changes before moving to greener (or what looks like greener) pastures.
    Unless, you know, they play a class because its fun. Windwalker is not in such a bad spot that everyone should abandon ship. If you enjoy it, and you play it well, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Unless, you know, they play a class because its fun. Windwalker is not in such a bad spot that everyone should abandon ship. If you enjoy it, and you play it well, you'll be fine.
    Not completely jumping ship anyway, more like... taking a short vacation on another cruise ship to get a week long break from this rollercoaster blizzard seems to be operating.

At this point it's pretty much impossible to play something over WW and really enjoy it.

Deleted
    I mean monk is fun and all that, but putting up with the buggy clones who don't (quite often) copy attacks, or do some weird stuff can be rather obnoxious. Personally I enjoyed serenity way more than I do enjoy SEF both PvE and PvP. Looking at other classes, they can do way more (numbers wise) for much less effort --> war/pal/dh

Quote Originally Posted by Illenia View Post
    I mean monk is fun and all that, but putting up with the buggy clones who don't (quite often) copy attacks, or do some weird stuff can be rather obnoxious. Personally I enjoyed serenity way more than I do enjoy SEF both PvE and PvP. Looking at other classes, they can do way more (numbers wise) for much less effort --> war/pal/dh
    each time I think that my warrior is way cooler/ can do more damage than my WW i start to play him but to only realise shortly after that in a raid setting Fury just isn't fun, it's just extremely repetitive. So far I've done this same cycle 3 times and always end back at my monk.

I do enjoy my warrior for some bg fun because smashing face is so satisfying when your op.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    each time I think that my warrior is way cooler/ can do more damage than my WW i start to play him but to only realise shortly after that in a raid setting Fury just isn't fun, it's just extremely repetitive. So far I've done this same cycle 3 times and always end back at my monk.

I do enjoy my warrior for some bg fun because smashing face is so satisfying when your op.
    I personally use my mage for the chilling. Log in spam 3 buttons --> oneshot everyone. Then I log back on my WW and after I while I ask my self why I'm even punishing myself.

Does anyone else get the bug where Fists of Fury is up but does not activate when you press it? Instead I have to use some other ability and then FoF works.

Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    Does anyone else get the bug where Fists of Fury is up but does not activate when you press it? Instead I have to use some other ability and then FoF works.
    Yeah I get this sometimes. Once I also had a bug where I couldn't use SEF sometimes for some reason, though that was at the start of NH.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    Usually that happens during Elisande or Gul'dan during the haste increasing buffs. The UI will say they are ready but the server side is saying they are not. This is a known bug that has been reported to Blizzard several times.