I dont play a ww monk anymore because I got so frustrated with the spec during HFC farm that I said "never again will I play a class that only has one DPS spec."

So I picked up a havoc demon hunter

I keep looking at rankings and numbers and thinking "god demon hunters are awful, and then realizing were way ahead of monks.

Its a fucked up place to be that a flat 15% buff to all damage would put you guys midpack

Anyway, came on here to offer up some sympathy because you guys got royally fucked in both NH and ToS

#makewwgreatagain

So I just got T20 chest and gloves. I'm using legendary chest, according to sims switching the leg chest to katsuos to use my new 2 piece is a huge dps drop. Does this seem right?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    So I just got T20 chest and gloves. I'm using legendary chest, according to sims switching the leg chest to katsuos to use my new 2 piece is a huge dps drop. Does this seem right?
    You really shouldn't wear Tier until you have all 4 pieces for T20 while still trying to wear T19 2pc.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    You really shouldn't wear Tier until you have all 4 pieces for T20 while still trying to wear T19 2pc.
    Thats what i was assuming would be the case.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    I keep looking at rankings and numbers and thinking "god demon hunters are awful, and then realizing were way ahead of monks.

Its a fucked up place to be that a flat 15% buff to all damage would put you guys midpack

Anyway, came on here to offer up some sympathy because you guys got royally fucked in both NH and ToS

#makewwgreatagain
    It's not specifically WW, it seems to be a very melee unfriendly raid in general.

Of the top 12 specs, which is the entire upper half of DPS specs, there are only 3 melee specs: Arms, Sub, Unholy DK (@ 95th percentile). Everyone else is ranged. And Unholy is virtually a ranged spec.

The entire bottom of the DPS chart are all melee: Fury, Ret, Enh, Frost, Havoc, WW, Survival.

It also seems like the "melee ignore mechanics" theme of NH is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    It's not specifically WW, it seems to be a very melee unfriendly raid in general.

Of the top 12 specs, which is the entire upper half of DPS specs, there are only 3 melee specs: Arms, Sub, Unholy DK (@ 95th percentile). Everyone else is ranged. And Unholy is virtually a ranged spec.

The entire bottom of the DPS chart are all melee: Fury, Ret, Enh, Frost, Havoc, WW, Survival.

It also seems like the "melee ignore mechanics" theme of NH is gone.
    Oh no, it's def ww. Let's be honest. Even babs let go of the perpetual sunshine and rainbows perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    Oh no, it's def ww. Let's be honest. Even babs let go of the perpetual sunshine and rainbows perspective.
    Rather than "definitely Windwalker", it's "especially Windwalker".

Accept it like I did and unsubed. There is no hope. Wind walker was the reason I played dps due to being so amazing. Now after 3 expansions we are just the meme of a class. Windwalker is dead and at the bottom where ion cunt and his team wanted us. Embrace our fate and let go. Windwalker has left the building. Seems that babylonius cudles and nice words of hope equality and sunshine were just crap. So happy he was wrong because when all the community was in outrage he tried to convince us that everything will be ok. Guess he is happy now enjoying the bottom.

Let's not be all doom and gloom here. At least one and probably several balance passes are guaranteed to happen over the next month or so as we see performance in mythic and with tier sets, and WW is probably going to get some love. Worst case it's a tiny bandaid fix that make us still bottom tier but at least not vastly below other specs, but maybe it'll be more instead of less, and they'll fix the potential issue where we'll be cancelling FOF.

Reading that massive Blizzard response regarding WW was depressing. It's the longest, most least informative post they've ever made that shows a glaring obliviousness to our plight.

hello guys i just simmed my monk and weirdly it showed haste has more value than agility ?

i dont trust the haste does anyone have any kind of experience regarding this ?

( Pawn: v1: "Erenthas": Class=Monk, Spec=Windwalker, Agility=20.40, Stamina=1.19, Ap=19.30, CritRating=17.41, HasteRating=25.95, MasteryRating=16.97, Versatility=18.50 )

This can happen if you are really close to a haste point where you can get in 1 more attack/spell under serenity or SEF from what i understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    This can happen if you are really close to a haste point where you can get in 1 more attack/spell under serenity or SEF from what i understand.
    yeah thats 10% haste

after changing some gear haste now has the lowest weight

Well.. the data is in boys!!!

since they buffed other classses, we actually moved down a spot lol rip :P last place ww gogo. (to be fair only heroic data is available but i mean...) nudged survival ahead of us though ;p

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    Well.. the data is in boys!!!

since they buffed other classses, we actually moved down a spot lol rip :P last place ww gogo. (to be fair only heroic data is available but i mean...) nudged survival ahead of us though ;p
    At least give it a few days. Many players are in Mythic this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Or look at Mythic data with a very small sample size:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    At least give it a few days. Many players are in Mythic this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Or look at Mythic data with a very small sample size:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#
    yea we shall see. we dont raid tuesdays so i wont know personally till tonight. I consider myself a 90th percentile player so 90th is what i always reference and with the "small" sample size we seem to be middle of the pack and THAT i will take.

however, your not only looking at small sample size based on total monks in mythic as of yesterday, but your looking at small sample size bosswise considering only the first few bosses are down/logged.

Plus we have nowhere to go but down. However that is an argument for another day >.>

i like to bitch, but ive played ww for years and will continue to- good or bad lol.

It's not bitching. It's campaigning and WW should campaign harder for a better position. Blizzard is the ultimate progression boss

Deleted
    Someone tried 4p t20 (and 2p t19 i guess) in m+ 10+? How are the numbers, its really hard to leave the WDP, but...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sharteel View Post
    Agility/ILvL is way more important than which piece has mastery, if you want to keep using a 905 t19 chest instead of a 930 t20 chest, you're sacrificing 600 agility for 480 mastery or something like that...it's not even a question. Shoulder, cloak and gloves are the pieces you want to keep from t19, there will be less lost agility that way (it's "only" 400 less agility from 930 shoulders to 905, for istance), so just choose two of those...that is, unless you have some sick 925 titanforged shit XD
    You are correct, I was assuming that everyone owns like all high t19 pieces, and actually we use some haste in serenity, so even the "bad" pieces aren't that bad for the serenity set up.

Quick question. The Wind Blows vs Cenedril. Which is better?

Definitely The Wind Blows. You are not able to always benefit from Cenedril effect since a lot of times you cannot use ToK on CD and even if you could the helm is still better.