Demonic Vigor would be the only one that would really concern me. It's possible the sim is overly optimistic on how many orbs you can pick up to extend the buff, or that you aren't picking up enough orbs. Otherwise, it's hard to compare 1 log with sims. I would look through all your logs to see over multiple fights your uptime on those buffs. For something like concordance, taking a look at some of my most recent fights, we had people ranging from 20-40% uptime. RNG is RNG. Especially in a 4 minute fight, 10% difference in uptime is just a couple procs - pretty normal variance.

As i stated in my previous post at the end of this paragraph:

"I also did simmed for longer fights and the percentage of buff uptime didn't really change at all even though I could find logs that showed drastic differences in buff up time for similar length fights."

The main durations I simmed were 3 minutes and 6 minutes as those were pretty common kill times and the percents changed by less than 1% and I ran probably 10-15 simulations.

BTW, I did look at other fight lengths and my logs of different kill times and difficulty (buff uptime should be similiar regardless of difficulty) and the buff times just do not line up for Master of Combinations and Demonic Vigor. The only one I ever saw close was concordance which got within 5% or so on very logs. The other two buffs (one of which is a MASSIVE buff) was no where close. Obviously, in the logs I used I was on the severe end of bad RNG for demonic vigor but even other fights that had more consistent proccing never reached levels that show you in this fight. I think the highest I found on a kill was 30% for myself and the few other logs I've looked at in the past.

Obviously this could all be bad luck RNG on Demonic Vigor and MoC and good luck on Concordance but I find it hard when I do it over and over and get the same general results. I know RNG is RNG and that is something that is hard to sim but these uptime values just seem way out of out of line with what I'm seeing in live logs. Especially when I haven't seen any variance in the sims (less than 1% over 15 is nothing IMO).

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    As i stated in my previous post at the end of this paragraph:

"I also did simmed for longer fights and the percentage of buff uptime didn't really change at all even though I could find logs that showed drastic differences in buff up time for similar length fights."

The main durations I simmed were 3 minutes and 6 minutes as those were pretty common kill times and the percents changed by less than 1% and I ran probably 10-15 simulations.

BTW, I did look at other fight lengths and my logs of different kill times and difficulty (buff uptime should be similiar regardless of difficulty) and the buff times just do not line up for Master of Combinations and Demonic Vigor. The only one I ever saw close was concordance which got within 5% or so on very logs. The other two buffs (one of which is a MASSIVE buff) was no where close. Obviously, in the logs I used I was on the severe end of bad RNG for demonic vigor but even other fights that had more consistent proccing never reached levels that show you in this fight. I think the highest I found on a kill was 30% for myself and the few other logs I've looked at in the past.

Obviously this could all be bad luck RNG on Demonic Vigor and MoC and good luck on Concordance but I find it hard when I do it over and over and get the same general results. I know RNG is RNG and that is something that is hard to sim but these uptime values just seem way out of out of line with what I'm seeing in live logs. Especially when I haven't seen any variance in the sims (less than 1% over 15 is nothing IMO).
    Its hard to compare your own logs to sims for uptimes like that, you just don't have enough repetitions to smooth out RNG. So its certainly possible, if not likely, that you're just getting bad RNG. The sims are implemented based on how the buffs are coded into the game.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

With 4pc and 2pc are you supposed to never use RSK without the fof buff?
    Also, during serenity I am told with 10% haste you can fit 4 rising sun kicks during the serenity timer, but I can only fit in 3. Is there something wrong here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Also, during serenity I am told with 10% haste you can fit 4 rising sun kicks during the serenity timer, but I can only fit in 3. Is there something wrong here?
    Use RSK on cooldown.

You can fit 4 RSK during serenity with at least 10% haste with BL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    You need to have the legendary bracers.

So anyone make heads or tails of the 7.3 ptr changes? I have money on WW somehow losing 1% DPS.

Deleted
    nothing to scaling it will be the same, average at the start of the tier then dropping down so far no one will hear us literally. Just wondering when was the last time a windwalker was part of a world first anyone know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enn View Post
    nothing to scaling it will be the same, average at the start of the tier then dropping down so far no one will hear us literally. Just wondering when was the last time a windwalker was part of a world first anyone know?
    i know serenity used on on star augur M which i believe was WF kill( not sure).

It seems they are returning FoF and SCK to pre-7.2 levels whilst buffing the other abilities baseline to do the damage they currently do but dropping the aura bonus? If I'm reading that right it sounds like a good change with our only loss compared to pre-7.2 being the mark of the crane nerf.

Or have I misread the changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    It seems they are returning FoF and SCK to pre-7.2 levels whilst buffing the other abilities baseline to do the damage they currently do but dropping the aura bonus? If I'm reading that right it sounds like a good change with our only loss compared to pre-7.2 being the mark of the crane nerf.

Or have I misread the changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Enn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    So anyone make heads or tails of the 7.3 ptr changes? I have money on WW somehow losing 1% DPS.
    As per usual, article on Peak
    http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/0...ing-and-buffs/

Deleted
    Greetings.

With the upcoming patch i will switch fulltime from shadow priest to windwalker monk and was curious about something.
    With shadow priest to get better, it was pretty simple, learn to control your voidform and the better you get at that, the better you do.
    Is there something a monk can do to constantly push himself further and further?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Greetings.

With the upcoming patch i will switch fulltime from shadow priest to windwalker monk and was curious about something.
    With shadow priest to get better, it was pretty simple, learn to control your voidform and the better you get at that, the better you do.
    Is there something a monk can do to constantly push himself further and further?
    better timing your cd's(for all specs really. Like being able to tell use touch of death now or wait for sef/serenity to be up if i dont loose a cast) not dropping hit combo, doing your best not to waste chi/energy whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Greetings.

The creative use of transcendence to close gaps and avoid mechanics which allows more time to dps.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    More of a heads up about the official notes:

a) RJW is marked as doing 22% more damage. The issue is that this is TECHNICALLY a bug fix than anything. On live, it is SUPPOSED to be doing 22% more damage, however, someone in Blizzard messed up, and the 22% damage boost in the Windwalker Spell effect is pointing to the WRONG spell id. It is currently pointing to the trigger spell instead of the damage spell. Because of this it never got the 22% buff it was supposed to get. This carried over when they re-arranged the spell effects on PTR. It wasn't until the original 5% spell effect was put in place and the 22% effect was moved elsewhere that it was noticed that the two effects were pointing to two different spell ids. Once we noticed the discrepancy, we notified Blizzard about the bug.

SimC is coded in such a way so that it was following Blizzard's mistake and buffing the trigger spell by 22% (ie: automation over manual buffing [22% increase to 0 damage = 0 damage). So even I didn't noticed the bug. It also meant that SimC was following live damage numbers.

2) The ToD and ToK changes are new and appreciated. I am in the process of updating SimC with the changes.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2017-08-23 at 06:59 PM.

Did the reversion of the FoF and SCK nerf get scrapped? Can't see it in the patch notes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    Did the reversion of the FoF and SCK nerf get scrapped? Can't see it in the patch notes.
    Not sure what you mean. The only "nerf" that happened in this PTR is that they initially buffed WW by 5% to ALL damage on PTR ONLY, only to revert the buff last week. Meaning outside ToD, ToK, and the bug fix to RJW, we should be doing about the same damage as on live currently. Brewmaster and Mistweavers who are fistweaving will see a dps boost with this patch though since most of the damage buffs to WW up to this point have been rolled in baseline which indirectly buffed both of those specs. Mistweavers more-so than Brewmasters since they got buffed to TP, BoK, and RSK. Brewmaster is a bit more subtle, since the only noticable spell that got buffed was Tiger Palm. But it also indirectly buffed the damage potential of Face Palm artifact trait, which most Brewmasters are going for.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2017-08-23 at 07:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright so I got the Emperor's Capacitor this morning and I spent a great deal of time on the training dummy experimenting with Serenity and Energizing Elixir but literally did not see much of a difference in DPS between any of them. Is there something I'm missing? I expected Serenity to either be a dramatic increase in dps in conjunction with the legendary or a drastic decrease because I was "new" to it but the difference was so minimal. Energizing Elixir in particular seemed to make almost no difference so that one seemed to come down to a play style preference. I didn't feel that i was using serenity incorrectly - I was lining up SotWL and FoF so that would get the CD reduction benefit and using CJL when Elixir, all my other cds as well as my energy was down so like... what?

Right now I'm feeling like I would rather stick with SEF since it has more practical uses and WDP is incredibly powerful in most forms of content. As I said, I didn't notice a difference in DPS at all with Elixir so I'd rather stay with Power Strikes to free up a keybind... Is the elixir/serenity/gale burst sync mostly a pvp thing or am I just not experienced enough of a player to see the benefit of this? I'm really just so confused by how little an effect my talent changes seem to have since getting this legendary.

For the record, my ilvl is quite low at 910. Not sure if that makes much of a difference in how these things scale.
    Last edited by Icecat; 2017-08-31 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Alright so I got the Emperor's Capacitor this morning and I spent a great deal of time on the training dummy experimenting with Serenity and Energizing Elixir but literally did not see much of a difference in DPS between any of them. Is there something I'm missing? I expected Serenity to either be a dramatic increase in dps in conjunction with the legendary or a drastic decrease because I was "new" to it but the difference was so minimal. Energizing Elixir in particular seemed to make almost no difference so that one seemed to come down to a play style preference. I didn't feel that i was using serenity incorrectly - I was lining up SotWL and FoF so that would get the CD reduction benefit and using CJL when Elixir, all my other cds as well as my energy was down so like... what?

Right now I'm feeling like I would rather stick with SEF since it has more practical uses and WDP is incredibly powerful in most forms of content. As I said, I didn't notice a difference in DPS at all with Elixir so I'd rather stay with Power Strikes to free up a keybind... Is the elixir/serenity/gale burst sync mostly a pvp thing or am I just not experienced enough of a player to see the benefit of this? I'm really just so confused by how little an effect my talent changes seem to have since getting this legendary.

For the record, my ilvl is quite low at 910. Not sure if that makes much of a difference in how these things scale.
    Its mostly down to just not making the most out of it. Serenity should be a gain over WDP, more so with the chest, and even more so if yo have the 4pc t20/2pc t19 bonuses. Energizing Elixir has more than twice the potential compared to Power Strikes, they're not even close to comparable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Its mostly down to just not making the most out of it. Serenity should be a gain over WDP, more so with the chest, and even more so if yo have the 4pc t20/2pc t19 bonuses. Energizing Elixir has more than twice the potential compared to Power Strikes, they're not even close to comparable.
    Damn, those are some heavy words. I'll work harder at it, then.