Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, seeing these responses, 713+ ilvl is fine for leveling Holy but what about 705? I am going to main Holy at 110 but have been going back and forth on how to level for a bit now. I find Shadow to be a bit boring and hate the idea of having to grab that artifact weapon first because I adore Tu'ure. Haven't played around with Disc yet though, would that be better? is 705 ilvl fine for Holy Nova leveling? Also, the 13 traits in leveling weapon is still a thing I assume?

Deleted
    What are the suggested relics for holy?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmooch View Post
    So, seeing these responses, 713+ ilvl is fine for leveling Holy but what about 705? I am going to main Holy at 110 but have been going back and forth on how to level for a bit now. I find Shadow to be a bit boring and hate the idea of having to grab that artifact weapon first because I adore Tu'ure. Haven't played around with Disc yet though, would that be better? is 705 ilvl fine for Holy Nova leveling? Also, the 13 traits in leveling weapon is still a thing I assume?
    I'm sorry I can't say if there's some kind of "break point" between when which leveling methods work well. It only matters for the first couple of levels though. After that you'll be in 720+ greens anyway so probably just do whichever spec you like. It shouldn't make more than a half hour difference at worst.

How are you guys killing mobs on holy in the new content? The best dps spell I found is holy nova but it's still terrible. I know it's not a dps spec but I heard healers are supposed to be fine questing, but this is far from it.
    (Please don't say that I should level as shadow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulimn View Post
    How are you guys killing mobs on holy in the new content? The best dps spell I found is holy nova but it's still terrible. I know it's not a dps spec but I heard healers are supposed to be fine questing, but this is far from it.
    May i suggest, level as disc? ������

Apotheosis is actually a great dps cooldown for single target. A weak aura for your holy fire resets helps too. I've done 3 levels as holy and it's been fine

I mean it's not exciting or anything, but I've just been pulling 3-4 mobs and spamming holy nova (and using halo for the damage + healing) until they die, renew, and serenity for healing if necessary. It's substantially faster than killing mobs 1v1. And Apotheosis is great for rares and when you do have to 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekt View Post
    I mean it's not exciting or anything, but I've just been pulling 3-4 mobs and spamming holy nova (and using halo for the damage + healing) until they die, renew, and serenity for healing if necessary. It's substantially faster than killing mobs 1v1. And Apotheosis is great for rares and when you do have to 1v1.
    Ya if mobs are more dense, running around with holy nova spam and firing off Holy Fire on CD works too

One smite at a time

Seriously though, as a holypriest you are nigh unkillable, but slow to do any killing yourself. It requires a somewhat different strategy to quest, and some patience.
    If you want to be reckless, try pulling 8-10 mobs and holy nova them down. I guarantee a faster result than a dpser single-target nuking the same 10 mobs in succession.

But if you really want the secret - it's all about mooching off someone else! If you heal someone who is killing something, you get credits for all their kills, and can loot everything that had them on their aggro table. A heal might be more effective than tagging all the mobs individually. The holy priest way of questing is to make a macro where you renew someone, then /cheer them on. They do all the work, you get all the credits for it. They take damage and suffer permanent scars, you enjoy tea and cake from the back lines. You helped! Feel good about helping, you awesome healer you!

If there is nobody around, and you want to maximize your personal damage, try to keep two holy fire dot ticks up on the target, and use Chastise as much as possible. When your artifact spawns a naruu beside you, every spell you cast will be duplicated to some fashion, so that's when you should go all in with bursty spells. Also: Apotheosis is an excellent cooldown for DPS throughput; use it and love it.

And if nothing else comes along, you can survive tanking 3-4 lvl 110 mobs while at lvl 101. You will win eventually. DPSers will look very envious at you for that.

- - - Updated - - -

A question to the holypriests out there.

Every artifact has a hidden ability. Something that is for fun and maybe a bit potent, but which is usually disabled in mythic dungeons & raids.

Example:
    - The disc weapon sometimes explodes when you cast Light's Wrath, dealing massive damage
    - The shadow weapon talks to you all over the place
    - On death, Fury Warriors get resurrected and get 8 seconds to kill what killed them. If successful, they get to live.
    - Protection Paladins can spot hidden demons that drop artifact power
    - Survival hunter turn into an eagle when dead
    - Ret paladins have a chance to instantly kill any undead
    And so on...

Anyone spotted the holy artifact hidden ability yet? Because I'm curious now...
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    One smite at a time

- - - Updated - - -

A question to the holypriests out there.

Every artifact has a hidden ability. Something that is for fun and maybe a bit potent, but which is usually disabled in mythic dungeons & raids.

Example:
    - The disc weapon sometimes explodes when you cast Light's Wrath, dealing massive damage
    - The shadow weapon talks to you all over the place
    - On death, Fury Warriors get resurrected and get 8 seconds to kill what killed them. If successful, they get to live.
    - Protection Paladins can spot hidden demons that drop artifact power
    - Survival hunter turn into an eagle when dead
    - Ret paladins have a chance to instantly kill any undead
    And so on...

Anyone spotted the holy artifact hidden ability yet? Because I'm curious now...
    I have not noticed anything to be honest. It must be something with mana gain or something....leveling to 110 playing holy with a buddy and didn't notice anything nor did I noticed anything in Heroics yet. I imagine it would be fairly noticeable?

I am a Spriest who hasn't played Holy as a main since WOTLK, I am leveling as holy and what I have been doing is following people around tagging stuff with holy nova lol.. I keep them healed so I often get group invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    One smite at a time
    But if you really want the secret - it's all about mooching off someone else! If you heal someone who is killing something, you get credits for all their kills, and can loot everything that had them on their aggro table. A heal might be more effective than tagging all the mobs individually. The holy priest way of questing is to make a macro where you renew someone, then /cheer them on. They do all the work, you get all the credits for it. They take damage and suffer permanent scars, you enjoy tea and cake from the back lines. You helped! Feel good about helping, you awesome healer you!
    Ooooh! Wish I knew it earlier! Didn't know you can tag by healing! Thanks!

So how are you guys doing in Myth dungeons? Tried Halls of Valor today and got smashed lol. have 828 ilvl, Holy only 13 traits (offspecc) and we disbanded after 10wipes at the first boss. My Flashheal heals for 130k on a 2.3kk tank, so around 6%. I can barely keep him above 85% with FH + HW:Serenity spam. But when the group starts taking damage, and I sneak a HW: Sanctuary and a PoH in my FH spam, I cant get the tank over 80% anymore. So slowly the tanks dropps lower and lower over the length of the fight, until I have to move at a bad timing (therefore no healing) and the tank dropps dead cause he was only at 30% life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    So how are you guys doing in Myth dungeons? Tried Halls of Valor today and got smashed lol. have 828 ilvl, Holy only 13 traits (offspecc) and we disbanded after 10wipes at the first boss. My Flashheal heals for 130k on a 2.3kk tank, so around 6%. I can barely keep him above 85% with FH + HW:Serenity spam. But when the group starts taking damage, and I sneak a HW: Sanctuary and a PoH in my FH spam, I cant get the tank over 80% anymore. So slowly the tanks dropps lower and lower over the length of the fight, until I have to move at a bad timing (therefore no healing) and the tank dropps dead cause he was only at 30% life.
    I saw one video that said the first boss in HoV mythic was one of the toughest and a real gear check

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post

Assuming your group is doing everything right, you are having more trouble than expected here. We did this yesterday with a group of 820 ilvl players, some even lower (I was playing Holy at about 817 iirc).

The thing with this fight is knowing when the damage is incoming. You have to watch out for his Horn of Valor ability and respond accordingly; I try to get Renew out before this on at least 4 players while the damage is low and due to the fairly common damage keeping PoM on cooldown is viable. The instant this ability is cast, I use my aoe Holy Word and spam Prayer of Healing and a CoH under the Divinity buff. If the tank is low at this point, use your single target Holy Word (I'm 90% sure it gains the Divinity buff too so I cast it ~ 6 seconds after the aoe Holy Word).

Coordinate with your tank if you're still having trouble, make sure he knows when to use his Active Mitigation and use bigger CDs when you top off the group, the time he doesn't have CDs use your GA and Divine Hymn.

Currently 835 ilvl and have done all the Mythic dungeons. I feel like the only useful abilities I have are Holy Word: Serenity and flash heal. Renew does nothing, Prayer of Mending does nothing, Prayer of Healing is only decent when used after Sanctify with the Power of the Naaru trait and even then the healing is pretty underwhelming. Sanctify is too situational (requires people to be stacked) Heal is just sad. I get that its supposed to be a filler when the damage is small but I have never been in a situation like that. Either people are getting trucked or they arent taking any damage at all. Guardian Spirit is just a bad tank CD in general especially in comparison to Ironbark. Divine Hymm is alright I guess. And the artifact trait.. I'm not sure why on earth they just made it RNG. Half the time it spawns after everything is dead or people are topped off. And when it does spawn in a time of need, I dont really notice any difference.

But either way, with the way Disc is and Holy seeming to be pretty lackluster to me I'm hoping they do some balancing before raids come out.
    Last edited by Ozoi; 2016-09-02 at 04:09 PM.

I did MoS, HoV and VH mythic as holy. With 808 till 820 ilv. Tank healing is relly subpar, but it's doable. Especially with a decent (guildie) tank. When you pug the tank is just a lottery. DH tanks are the absoluty worst. Guardians are piss.

The stun you provide is really nice. Though at last boss of MoS I did prefer afterlife.

Priest in general is lackluster in a dungeon envirement
    Last edited by Mazeari; 2016-09-02 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Priest in general is lackluster in a dungeon envirement
    And solo as well. Guess we're only good for raids.

Yeah a lot of things are weird right now, there will more then likely be a balance patch before raids. I like Holy a lot but as I jump into Mythic I'm noticing that the best spell in most situations is just spamming Flash Heal with a HW:Ser on CD. Not very exciting stuff.

What relics are you guys using? I have 2 that boost FH and Heal healing by like 15% total I think.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I currently have +3% on holy word and, reduced cd on hw: sanctify. But I did like 5 of the mythics with a 750 weapon with no relics. That being said, I'm pretty sure some other classes are spamming Flash heal as well, like shamans and paladins. While sometimes I do feel like spamming that spell, I usually have plenty of time to wave in some holyfire stacks, binding heal, renew and PoM.

Maybe stuff gets a little bette if we get the light of t'uure ability. But that's like the last one we (I) take.