Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by salmonman78 View Post
    Don't think there are any of us saying it's bad here. Think almost all of us are rather enjoying the new tools we have. Now if I could just get out of the habit of renew spam like we used to. >.<
    And hitting my CoH button when I'm not specced for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Not me btw but i just want to show people disc is stronger then you think. It just requires skill to play and alot of people who play disc atm dont know how to play it and make it look bad.
    Nobody is saying Disc pulls low numbers, most of the complaints are that the spec itself is just clunky and tedious to play.

I can top meters in H HFC as Disc, but I don't like playing it because the semi-random nature of Atonement through PWR makes me feel like I'm not healing people who actually need it. And having to spam a slow-cast, high-mana spell to apply Atonement doesn't feel very fun either.

I love the idea of "dps to heal", but it's just not working out too well.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-24 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Holy priest tank healing rivals paladin and druid at this point, even with the nerfs. If you think holy is bad then you're probably just bad.
    That's kind of the whole point of that entire page of discussion. Holy priest only just "rivals" their healing while they bring Devotion/BoP or BRes/Ironbark or Bloodlust/buff totems.

Holy priest brings heals and a pretty angel form. It was supposed to be the "throughput" healer who gives up everything else to bring more healing to the table, but Blizzard backed off of that a couple of months ago. So if you're a healing officer and you want to provide the best you can possibly bring for your guild, why would you bring a holy priest?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nobody is saying Disc pulls low numbers, most of the complaints are that the spec itself is just clunky and tedious to play.

I can top meters in H HFC as Disc, but I don't like playing it because the semi-random nature of Atonement through PWR makes me feel like I'm not healing people who actually need it. And having to spam a slow-cast, high-mana spell to apply Atonement doesn't feel very fun either.

I love the idea of "dps to heal", but it's just not working out too well.
    You can only play as Disc and have good results in HFC because it is nerf and the fight are very quick right now.
    Dont be confused, in legion Disc will be not competive no one will bring a disc with the current state to a raid mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    You can only play as Disc and have good results in HFC because it is nerf and the fight are very quick right now.
    Dont be confused, in legion Disc will be not competive no one will bring a disc with the current state to a raid mythic.
    You can look into the future? Plz just go back to the official blizzard forums with your nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    That's kind of the whole point of that entire page of discussion. Holy priest only just "rivals" their healing while they bring Devotion/BoP or BRes/Ironbark or Bloodlust/buff totems.

Holy priest brings heals and a pretty angel form. It was supposed to be the "throughput" healer who gives up everything else to bring more healing to the table, but Blizzard backed off of that a couple of months ago. So if you're a healing officer and you want to provide the best you can possibly bring for your guild, why would you bring a holy priest?
    Nothing you've listed besides Devotion Aura can really be considered utility.

- Blessing of Protection no longer removes debuffs and is near useless in a raid environment
    - Battle res isn't unique to resto druids and number of resurrections during an encounter are limited (relevant in 5 mans, not raiding)
    - Bloodlust isn't unique to resto shaman (relevant in 5 mans, not raiding)

It's already a well known fact that shamans bring an unbalanced amount of utility to a raid, but every other spec is relatively balanced in that regard. Symbol of Hope will be an incredibly powerful tool during progression, and if holy doesn't end up being strong for progression then disc undoubtedly will at some points.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-07-24 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post

Taking the fact I am a Holy Priest out of the equation, I see several things as to why I would bring one.

1.) Divine Hymn: Raid healing CD that people call weak since have to stand still but there is something to it people forget. The healing buff, 10% if I remember correctly. Not only does this buff make Hymn stronger, but ALL heals from ALL healers get increased by that 10% for that time(10sec). We have to stay still but all healers benefit from it as well.

2.) Symbol of Hope: 10 free seconds of casting to all healers. Yes Innervate from druids has a 3min CD BUT can only be given to 1 healer. Ours has a 6 minute CD but the fact it applies to all is a big benefit.

3.) Holy Words: Mainly Serenity, as Sanctify's 10yd radius is awkward unless very tightly stacked. Big heals that we can with thought get back up quite often. These tie into my last point.

4.) Apotheosis: 30 second buff, 3min CD that makes your serendipity effects count for 300%. So that 6 seconds off a Holy Word becomes 18 seconds off. Testing it, you can get 5-6 Serenity or 4-5 Sanctify out in that 30 seconds. This is a very handy CD to keep for those "oh shit!" moments or even to treat as an additional raid CD akin to Hymn, Tranq, H Tide if the priest knows what they are doing.

Holy Priest is a very heavy throughput healer still. We can pump out the numbers, and depending on the skill of the person playing the class we can not only rival but blow them away. And this goes for any class, you have to know your toolkit and how it works and you will top the chart if that is what you are going for. People have claimed Holy Pally has been the best in HFC but there have been some pallys I have outplayed on my Druid and H-Priest. Same with Disc, I've beat them as well because I know my class.

People who know their class, THAT is what you bring on raid night.
    Holy Priest Enthusiast and all around healing nutcase.

Quote Originally Posted by salmonman78 View Post
    People who know their class, THAT is what you bring on raid night.
    Yeah, people often forget this.

Unless you're pushing for server-first mythic kills, you can bring whatever classes/specs you want as long as they're competent players who know their class.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-24 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    I've been running a few mythics and I have to say - the people drop like flies and it's really hard keeping up. Yeah, nobody uses CC or anything, but they also haven't before.
    Basically the only thing you can do to keep the tank alive is spam Flash Heal and use Serenity. And even that is just not enough at times. Adding to that there's a lot of damage on the group as well. But when I start healing the group the tank drops so fast that I might as well just let someone else die.
    So far I've been able to keep most groups alive, but dear god. If someone stands in anything at all they will just die. I have to use like 6 Flash Heals to bring someone from near death to 100% HP. It takes forever.

So, is this also how it's going to be in Legion or is it only because it's not balanced yet? I'm getting heart attacks every 5 seconds.

These are the things that really seem odd to me:
    - Renew heals almost nothing
    - Prayer of Healing heals almost nothing
    - Flash Heal/Heal don't seem like they heal much, but FH spam is absolutely needed to keep anyone alive almost all the time
    Last edited by mmocddf8d25f42; 2016-07-25 at 12:36 AM.

What kind of gear are you using? What trinkets? Ilvl? It all matters.

I have no issues healing Mythic dungeons with either spec, at 709 ilvl. Back when they applied the nerf to dungeons, I wasn't having problems at 701 ilvl either.

Tanks are still learning that they have to use defensive abilities now, instead of just spamming attacks. Once in a while I get a really shitty tank who doesn't use defensive abilities and yeah I have to spam his ass with Flash Heal or Shadow Mend to keep him up, but I'm not running into many of those anymore.

But still, get used to Flash Heal spam, that's kind of the meta in 5mans when you're the only healer. Flash Heal isn't so much our "emergency" heal anymore, it's our "need strong single target healing" heal, with Heal being our "ran out of mana and can't do anything else" heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    What kind of gear are you using? What trinkets? Ilvl? It all matters.
    My gear is nothing special. I have an ilvl of 704 and the trinkets don't do anything for my healing, just stats.

I'm just interested if this is indicative of Legion healing. My major gripe would be Renew I think. I apply it as often as I can, but in most fights there's absolutely no time to even cast it once instead of a Flash Heal. The tank would just drop dead instantly. That's about 30k missing healing + no CD reduction on Serenity. And even when I get to cast Renew it heals so little that i could just ignore it anyway.

Just for comparison:
    Renew heals for 27k in total over 15s (3200 Mana)
    Heal heals for 34,5k after 2,17s (2720 Mana)
    FH heals for 34,5k after 1,3s (4480 Mana)

Even if you just see it as an additional 'extra' heal you forget about after casting this seems so, so low to me. Are you actively using it? I am but I don't feel like it matters in any shape or form.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drtrann View Post
    level as disc. it is by far the strongest solo spec for the class (zero downtime, can fight multiple enemies, in some scenarios faster kill times than shadow without worrying about dying).
    Holy nova spam disagrees with you

Yep, there is no need to use Renew if you can stand still for a moment to cast FH. The artifact and legendaries will help renew be more relevant.

On the issue of heals healing for very little: I love it. Mythic dungeons are slightly overtuned, so it's not that our heals are doing too little but rather the incoming damage is too high. Some bosses have raid levels of tank and group damage so it's difficult with 1 healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    My gear is nothing special. I have an ilvl of 704 and the trinkets don't do anything for my healing, just stats.

I'm just interested if this is indicative of Legion healing. My major gripe would be Renew I think. I apply it as often as I can, but in most fights there's absolutely no time to even cast it once instead of a Flash Heal. The tank would just drop dead instantly. That's about 30k missing healing + no CD reduction on Serenity. And even when I get to cast Renew it heals so little that i could just ignore it anyway.

Just for comparison:
    Renew heals for 27k in total over 15s (3200 Mana)
    Heal heals for 34,5k after 2,17s (2720 Mana)
    FH heals for 34,5k after 1,3s (4480 Mana)

Even if you just see it as an additional 'extra' heal you forget about after casting this seems so, so low to me. Are you actively using it? I am but I don't feel like it matters in any shape or form.
    What do you mean your trinkets don't do anything for your healing ? Of course it does, unless you're saying that both of your trinkets only have stats on them, and no effect ? I strongly recommend using the Archimonde's trinket if you have it, since Heal/Flash Heal will be what you spam during those dungeons.

As for Renew, it's very weak right now, so you can put one on the tank pre-pull, but after that don't bother using it unless you have nothing else to do, and you're sure your tank won't drop low during that gcd.

Also, are you sure to use the right stats priority and talents ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahes View Post
    What do you mean your trinkets don't do anything for your healing ? Of course it does, unless you're saying that both of your trinkets only have stats on them, and no effect ? I strongly recommend using the Archimonde's trinket if you have it, since Heal/Flash Heal will be what you spam during those dungeons.

As for Renew, it's very weak right now, so you can put one on the tank pre-pull, but after that don't bother using it unless you have nothing else to do, and you're sure your tank won't drop low during that gcd.

Also, are you sure to use the right stats priority and talents ?
    Yeah, they just have stats on them. I haven't raided since the first tier of WoD, so I don't have the trinket from Archimonde. I'm basically just using the ilvl 700 stuff I got from the garrison.

Regarding stats priority... I happen to have a lot of mastery. But I can't be picky since I just use what I got from the missions.

Also, this isn't really about how much I heal at all. This is about the tank being at 100%, and then a second later at 50%. There's basically no room to do anything but spam FH.

Honestly sounds like a bad tank. Since you're not getting a lot of use from your mastery, you can probably swing more towards crit/haste and you may see an improvement. The class trinket is definitely worth grabbing though, tons of archi pugs out there in need of a healer.

What talents are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Honestly sounds like a bad tank. Since you're not getting a lot of use from your mastery, you can probably swing more towards crit/haste and you may see an improvement. The class trinket is definitely worth grabbing though, tons of archi pugs out there in need of a healer.

What talents are you running?
    Mastery is bad? Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarilo1 View Post
    Mastery is bad? Care to elaborate?
    Don't think he was meaning that Mastery is bad. He was just saying by running into so many "squishy" tanks that at this point he might want to tend to aim for Crit/Haste instead. This would help out with keeping some of the more squishable tanks alive.
    Holy Priest Enthusiast and all around healing nutcase.

I too am finding Renew, and to an extent, PoM, are fairly low impact. I'll roll them on the tank before a pull in mythic 5 mans, and he/the group will start chunking health and i'll be spending GCDs on Heal/Flash/Sanc or AOE equivalent. If i use a GCD to cast either PoM or renew i'll probably just fall behind on healing and risk loosing the tank if for some reason I can't pop guardian. Is there a way I should be weaving these in or is it really just pre-pull material to soak some damage?