Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarilo1 View Post
    Mastery is bad? Care to elaborate?
    No mastery is amazing, however when it comes to upfront healing where you can't afford to wait on EoL, Crit/Haste is the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarilo1 View Post
    Mastery is bad? Care to elaborate?
    You're changing his words completely... You even made in bold, he merely said it's not a large benefit in that particular situation. I felt that way this week as we cleared. I stacked mastery, mainly because there's a general agreement that mastery is best. However, in the pre-patch world, we still have to deal with the damage patterns of HFC encounters. Reaver and Gorefiend allow my mastery to shine. All other fights the damage comes in huge spikes, is near instantly healed up, and my mastery just uh..... uh.... it uh.... yeah so our mastery is _great_ with the right healing paradigm. In Legion, there's a lot more consistent ticking damage, so our mastery will not be wasted. Personally, I'll be changing for the remainder of pre patch so I can best match the HFC damage patterns on the majority of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaydrin View Post
    I too am finding Renew, and to an extent, PoM, are fairly low impact. I'll roll them on the tank before a pull in mythic 5 mans, and he/the group will start chunking health and i'll be spending GCDs on Heal/Flash/Sanc or AOE equivalent. If i use a GCD to cast either PoM or renew i'll probably just fall behind on healing and risk loosing the tank if for some reason I can't pop guardian. Is there a way I should be weaving these in or is it really just pre-pull material to soak some damage?
    Aside from keeping Renew rolling on tanks/primary targets when there's nothing better to cast you can just ignore it. It's the weakest spell in our toolkit in terms of HPS/HPM and it's existence is pretty much tied to Benediction at this point.

Prayer of Mending is still very powerful and you should be casting it on cooldown, however you won't see a lot of impact from it on farm/easier content when there aren't a lot of opportunities for it to bounce around.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-07-26 at 01:45 AM.

I find healing on holy in 7.0.3 without CoH very clunky and it was easy to fall behind. Once I talented CoH, the rotation felt very smooth, like I had an answer for every damage situation and abilities were off cooldown as I needed them. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menards View Post
    I find healing on holy in 7.0.3 without CoH very clunky and it was easy to fall behind. Once I talented CoH, the rotation felt very smooth, like I had an answer for every damage situation and abilities were off cooldown as I needed them. Thoughts?
    Yes, I noticed this as well. I can't imagine taking anything else but CoH, it's pretty much 100% mandatory in my eyes.

Yeah, while Apotheosis is nice, I often find myself forgetting to use it because of its weird nature of not really being a "cooldown" in itself, but rather something that reduces the cooldown of other spells, and doesn't have a clear amount of output.

Blizz, y u take Holy's signature ability and make it into a talent

what next, Mortal Strike becoming a talent? Stealth becoming a talent? Divine Shield becoming a talent?

CoH is costly and doesn't do a whole lot more healing than PoH. Benediction/Apoth will almost undoubtedly be better for actual progression so enjoy it while you can.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-07-26 at 05:56 AM.

That's because you're not accustomed to the new changes yet, if you fall behind then use PoH more and sanctify to increase divinity uptime, knowing how to keep divinity for as much as possible is the difference between someone who knows how to play holy and someone who doesn't. CoH is the weakest lvl 100 talent from a pure throughput point of view, you use it only if there's excessive movement or spread healing to be done and you most certainly can't sustain it on a legion boss fight that lasts more than 3-4 minutes by pressing it on cd. You don't have artifact and relevant traits yet but in legion you won't miss CoH at all where it's basically a 5-man talent since PoH is straight up better then.

Here are some non-CoH normal mode legion boss kills:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...c#type=healing

How was it clunky when Prayer of Healing is practically the same spell as CoH but with a cas time instead of a cooldown?

If you do fall behind because people take damage faster then PoH can heal it then a Sanctify will pick everyone right back up and if that still is not enough then you need to tell them not to stand in fire for 30+ seconds.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

PoH is missing a lot of power from artifact traits. If CoH wasn't useful right now, it'd be downright terrible in 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    That's because you're not accustomed to the new changes yet, if you fall behind then use PoH more and sanctify to increase divinity uptime, knowing how to keep divinity for as much as possible is the difference between someone who knows how to play holy and someone who doesn't. CoH is the weakest lvl 100 talent from a pure throughput point of view, you use it only if there's excessive movement or spread healing to be done and you most certainly can't sustain it on a legion boss fight that lasts more than 3-4 minutes by pressing it on cd. You don't have artifact and relevant traits yet but in legion you won't miss CoH at all where it's basically a 5-man talent since PoH is straight up better then.

What tips can you share regarding increasing Divinity uptime? Isn't it constrained by our mana bar to a large degree? To keep both holy words on a short cool down requires spamming expensive spells and just doesn't seem viable for very long. I'd love to hear your strategies if you'd be willing to share.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, while Apotheosis is nice, I often find myself forgetting to use it because of its weird nature of not really being a "cooldown" in itself, but rather something that reduces the cooldown of other spells, and doesn't have a clear amount of output.
    I've been using it like Pally Wings, and that works great. Pairing it with Symbol of Hope is just hilarious as well.

Renew has high impact when you pair it with Trail of Light and Surge of Light. The actual healing it does might be small, but those procs are not.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Renew has high impact when you pair it with Trail of Light and Surge of Light. The actual healing it does might be small, but those procs are not.
    Yeah but that has a low chance of actually proccing it due to RNG. Unless you have a bunch of them rolling, your GCD's are spent on almost anything else.

Renew isn't what it used to be and will be something we only keep on the tanks and/or people doing soaking mechanics like on Fel Lord/Kromrok(runes)/Kilrogg(heartseeker targets).

Apoth is something I love to death but I agree the way a lot of the HFC fights are with spiky damage instead of constant ticking it's somewhat awkward at times. Only times I can see myself planning on using it are Reaver(pound), maybe Council(A mirror phase maybe), Gorefiend(feast), Xul'horac(last chunk/going into last chunk), Tyrant(Phase2, steal the meters lol), and last phases of Manny/Archie. Otherwise it is an extra CD for when shit hits the fan and you need to deal with it quick.
    Holy Priest Enthusiast and all around healing nutcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yeah but that has a low chance of actually proccing it due to RNG. Unless you have a bunch of them rolling, your GCD's are spent on almost anything else.
    Arguably, you're better off using Smite to proc Surge of Light. While it doesn't heal, it doesn't cost mana either.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a good artifact skill order.

What do you think of this, too slow?

Last edited by mmoc3dcdd58244; 2016-07-26 at 09:56 PM.

So, hey... I notice Holy Fire claims that it stacks 2 times...

Anyone figure out how that isn't nonsense, with a 7 second duration and 10 second cooldown? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    So, hey... I notice Holy Fire claims that it stacks 2 times...

Anyone figure out how that isn't nonsense, with a 7 second duration and 10 second cooldown? :P
    Smite can reset the CD of HF.

I agree, CoH is expensive and probably can't be used in a long fight. For 5-mans it makes the healing so much smoother, though. I do need to practice not using it.

I also agree that Divinity uptime will be a big part of the skill cap in holy and knowing your spell sequence to optimize it will be tricky. Weaving in normal Heals will be a big part of preserving mana while optimizing, and this makes Binding Heal more attractive since it's a mana efficient multi person heal which triggers Serendipity. Is Binding Heal a smart heal?