Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    1. Don't use anecdotal evidence ("I was #1 / I beat a druid") as part of your argument unless absolutely necessary. It makes it weaker.
    I think you need to understand that not everyone is tryharding for "muh parses" during the prepatch.

Especially not in Heroic, in a pug.

Thus, your snarky comment about logs is completely uncalled for, as a random pug is not going to be some kind of defining "log" for the spec in general, and one person's experience is not somehow translating into the absolute law for the playstyle of every other player in the world.

Seriously. This is my experience in a random Heroic pug, not a bleeding-edge server-first Mythic guild doing Mythic. So I'm not sure why you're going on about "logs". Most likely nobody was even running logs because it's a pug.

Also, you can try to see from my point of view when you are trying to argue about mana efficiency and then say you are using renew as a main filler in its current state. Contradictory to say the least.
    And instead of simply explaining why you think Renew is bad, you're continuing the snarky passive-aggressiveness.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-27 at 10:37 PM.

Renew is bad because for the amount of mana it costs, it is very lackluster compared to anything else you could cast.

Since you dont want to talk about prepatch, we can talk about legion. Mastery is a BIG deal in legion and renew does absolutely nothing to synergize with that. It is just not a good spell for us anymore, we are more focused on direct healing going forward.

Also, you never specified what difficulty you were talking about so you cant really use that as a talking point. Just Saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmytomma View Post
    Renew is bad because for the amount of mana it costs, it is very lackluster compared to anything else you could cast.
    Correct, it doesn't heal a whole lot, so I only use it as filler when there's not a whole lot of healing to be done. I toss out a few renews. And with Binding Heal, I tend to refresh them quite a bit.

Since you dont want to talk about prepatch, we can talk about legion.
    I never said I didn't want to talk about prepatch, I said that it's stupid to be hounding someone about "logs" for nerfed content in pre-patch. Especially when that content is not the highest difficulty. And a random pug, not an organized group.

Also, you never specified what difficulty you were talking about so you cant really use that as a talking point. Just Saying.
    I did clarify that it was Heroic. But that doesn't count apparently, since I didn't state it right off the bat?

I stated that it was a pug, so it should have been inferred that it was normal or heroic, since nobody pugs Mythic.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-27 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we get off the Saltiness and talk about what this thread is here for, Talents, builds, and gear related stuff.

In my opinion Heal and Renew are fillers. Heal when standing stationary and just want to cast over and over and over because by the time you cast the next Heal your mana is already basically replenished what it has spent on the previous Heal. Renew is for movement like Anon5123 said.

This Legion Prepatch the stat priority changed a bit. Currently in pre-patch, Holy Priests should be going Crit > Haste > Mastery. When everyone reaches 110, we will be going Mastery > Crit > Haste. Right now people don't take steady amounts of damage in Hellfire, it's all burst style. So Echo of light is useless. At 110 the damage is more steady and there fore Mastery is great because of the free healing it provides.

So at 110, you should basically have renew on the tanks at all times and bouncing your Prayer of Mendings off the tanks because of the Artifact trait that gives bonus healing when a PoM lands on someone with renew. Keep PoM on CD always bouncing off tanks. Same this applies with benediction, you just don't cast renew EVER when you have Benediction.

Talents will change depending on fights, some with high amounts of burst you may want to take Apotheosis for that CD and high throughput Holy can Provide. But like Djriff stated earlier, be prepared to go oom fast. There is no mana reduction (which I think it should have). I think early in the Xpack will we will getting away from CoH because of the high mana cost and going to the other two. Apotheosis for what I stated above and Benediction for steady dmg fights because of the free healing it provides. Although renew is very lackluster, for long steady dmg fights this would be a good choice. A lot of good early game healers will look at what gives the most free healing because mana is not able to be wasted in the early raids. There is still a huge discussion about whether Trail of Light or Enlightenment will be better. I think Trail of Light will be better come 110 paired with Surge of Light. It's all free healing, all 140% of surge of light. Although some might be an over heal because of the previous flash target. Both are acceptable in a raiding environment but we will see.

As for other talents, most are no contest picks. T4 talents: Symbol of Hope for raids, Light of Naaru for dungeons. T3: Afterlife for longer angel. Although you should never die during a raid encounter, sometimes a Holy priest can sacrifice themselves to get the free 23 seconds of healing is everyone is OOM. I've done it before when all healers are super oom, no pots to use and near the last few percentages of a fight, I'll die and use that time to pump out as much healing as I can and that will most likely be enough to get the kill.

T6 is the tier I think people will be changing the most. Divine light can have a really good synergy with Apotheosis and Light of the Naaru if you stagger your holy words out and benefit from the +15% healing for 8 seconds. Using your less needed holy word first so the 2nd benefits from the increase in healing. If done right you can keep the buff for the entire duration of Apotheosis. Divine Star is a great stacked style heal and Halo for more spread out fights.

Deleted
    I've tried Benediction and I have to say - I really like it. I wonder why the guides on Icy Veins and Noxxic completely disregard it as being not competitive. I can't directly compare Apotheosis and Benediction, but the constant passive healing it gets me seems pretty high to be honest.

Deleted
    This may be true, but it wasn't as highly publicised as Garrosh 10M HC where jhazrun (and paragon) impressed us with solo healing the encounter.
    It is the same guy, Jhazrun, both on Garrosh and on Imperator M, you guys so funny to read haha
    Jhazrun was almost always playing this playstyle - yellow chakra, renew and binding heal spam. But let's not take him as an example, he is a legend and we are yet to see another Holy priest remotely as skilled

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyClamsLive View Post
    How about we get off the Saltiness and talk about what this thread is here for, Talents, builds, and gear related stuff.

In my opinion Heal and Renew are fillers. Heal when standing stationary and just want to cast over and over and over because by the time you cast the next Heal your mana is already basically replenished what it has spent on the previous Heal. Renew is for movement like Anon5123 said.

Talents will change depending on fights, some with high amounts of burst you may want to take Apotheosis for that CD and high throughput Holy can Provide. But like Djriff stated earlier, be prepared to go oom fast. There is no mana reduction (which I think it should have). I think early in the Xpack will we will getting away from CoH because of the high mana cost and going to the other two. Apotheosis for what I stated above and Benediction for steady dmg fights because of the free healing it provides. Although renew is very lackluster, for long steady dmg fights this would be a good choice. A lot of good early game healers will look at what gives the most free healing because mana is not able to be wasted in the early raids. There is still a huge discussion about whether Trail of Light or Enlightenment will be better. I think Trail of Light will be better come 110 paired with Surge of Light. It's all free healing, all 140% of surge of light. Although some might be an over heal because of the previous flash target. Both are acceptable in a raiding environment but we will see.
    I agree, don't need the saltiness seeping in here as we have kept it pretty civil for a good long time mostly.

Apotheosis does have a reduction cost for the Holy Words, which Serenity is 4% base mana and Sanctify 5%. Now the trick of it is to not crazy spam your Flash or Heal and waste a cast of those when a HW is off cd during it. Say Serenity has 3 seconds left, would you cast a 1sec Flash, a almost 2sec heal or wait it out? It's one of those things you have to get the right feel for to get the most out of it. It's gonna take some training and getting used to it to not waste mana on the other spells forcing us OOM soon. Personally I would (depending on Sanct's cd) pop a PoH or Sanct out, as Serenity should be off that last little bit then.

And I just realized, it feels nice talking and worrying about going OOM again. Been a long time since that was a real concern it feels lol.
    Holy Priest Enthusiast and all around healing nutcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I've tried Benediction and I have to say - I really like it. I wonder why the guides on Icy Veins and Noxxic completely disregard it as being not competitive. I can't directly compare Apotheosis and Benediction, but the constant passive healing it gets me seems pretty high to be honest.
    As far as I've seen and experienced, the passive renew healing from benediction just doesn't stack up to the amount of EOL and other spells cast to pump out holy words you'd get from apotheosis. Benediction appears to be a situational talent for a very particular kind of fight.

Things could change and people could find that once things go live that it does fit better than apotheosis. But for now, the general consensus of top players is that apotheosis fits very well in a lot of encounters. That's why guides are listing it that way.

I'd also like to point out that noxxic and IV are generally more oriented at beginners and are thus not as likely to put a ton of higher level theory crafting in the guide.

As far as I've seen and experienced, the passive renew healing from benediction just doesn't stack up to the amount of EOL and other spells cast to pump out holy words you'd get from apotheosis. Benediction appears to be a situational talent for a very particular kind of fight.

Things could change and people could find that once things go live that it does fit better than apotheosis. But for now, the general consensus of top players is that apotheosis fits very well in a lot of encounters. That's why guides are listing it that way.

I'd also like to point out that noxxic and IV are generally more oriented at beginners and are thus not as likely to put a ton of higher level theory crafting in the guide.
    I can see Benediction working in a full PoM build with artifact bonuses and Piety.
    Plus if your not using Apotheosis (for whatever reason) then your better of with Benediction then CoH.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I can see Benediction working in a full PoM build with artifact bonuses and Piety.
    Plus if your not using Apotheosis (for whatever reason) then your better of with Benediction then CoH.
    I think all lvl 100 has potential.
    Apotheosis is a healing CD and you sacrifice steady or passive healing by speccing that.
    CoH is great for a lot of situations, but consumes a lot of mana, and that mana might aswell have been spend on another healing spell.
    Benefiction is free healing, and some fights just really suit that kind of playstyle (council for example)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    I think all lvl 100 has potential.
    Apotheosis is a healing CD and you sacrifice steady or passive healing by speccing that.
    CoH is great for a lot of situations, but consumes a lot of mana, and that mana might aswell have been spend on another healing spell.
    Benefiction is free healing, and some fights just really suit that kind of playstyle (council for example)

Exactly, each talent choice has a time and place. I think CoH will be mainly taken in Dungeon aspects because it will heal everyone no matter what unless they are to far away. Raiders will take Apotheosis and Benediction and depending on fight, choose one or the other. Prayer of Healing is exactly like CoH and uses less mana, it just has a cast time on it so you have to precast in some scenarios.

Lightbulb

Hello guys, I am playing as holy priest in WoD and now with the patch 7.0x my healing drop a lot. I am doing around 65k per fight, compare pre patch 100k+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    Maybe I am doing something worng, using the wrongs spells talents?
    Your stats are about right tho for talents i find the best 2 talents for prepacth are benediction and binding
    heal if you use circle of healing you will go oom to fast which will be a over all loss and take binding heal
    to you'll be able to keep off both miracles way easier prayer of healing is to expensive at the moment also
    renew is 1 of our top heals now make sure druing any damage you spam renew if any holy priest consider
    using the mastery trink from high councle don't use it instead id use the trinket from hell breach or the
    trinket kazz both have mastery and haste and vers and int way better for our over all stats ya can look up
    Healyourmind on Turalyon for what i run hopefully this can help ya and other holy priests who are still having
    issues i also might do a guide later this weekend or next.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfullmoon View Post
    Hello guys, I am playing as holy priest in WoD and now with the patch 7.0x my healing drop a lot. I am doing around 65k per fight, compare pre patch 100k+.

Your stats are about right tho for talents i find the best 2 talents for prepacth are benediction and binding
    heal if you use circle of healing you will go oom to fast which will be a over all loss and take binding heal
    to you'll be able to keep off both miracles way easier prayer of healing is to expensive at the moment also
    renew is 1 of our top heals now make sure druing any damage you spam renew if any holy priest consider
    using the mastery trink from high councle don't use it instead id use the trinket from hell breach or the
    trinket kazz both have mastery and haste and vers and int way better for our over all stats ya can look up
    Healyourmind on Turalyon for what i run hopefully this can help ya and other holy priests who are still having
    Nice meme bro

Everyone's HPS has been nerfed, because we're tuned for level 110.

Holy run-on sentence, batman!

Use some commas and periods! What's your hurry?

Also, almost everything you just said is wrong. Mastery and Versatility are terrible at level 100. No, we should not be spamming Renew because it doesn't heal much. Benediction is a crap talent for the same reason.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-29 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyClamsLive View Post
    Exactly, each talent choice has a time and place. I think CoH will be mainly taken in Dungeon aspects because it will heal everyone no matter what unless they are to far away. Raiders will take Apotheosis and Benediction and depending on fight, choose one or the other. Prayer of Healing is exactly like CoH and uses less mana, it just has a cast time on it so you have to precast in some scenarios.
    I agree, CoH has huge potential in dungeons, and I don't really see any of the other talents ever being better.
    I think Apotheosis will be the go to talent, but the fact that it is a 3 min CD means you'll need some sort of situation to use it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    I agree, CoH has huge potential in dungeons, and I don't really see any of the other talents ever being better.
    I think Apotheosis will be the go to talent, but the fact that it is a 3 min CD means you'll need some sort of situation to use it on.
    CoH doesn't really offer anything the Holy Priest can't already do. It's a very slight throughput upgrade due to the cooldown. In contrast, Apotheosis is a massive throughput upgrade for situations where you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    CoH doesn't really offer anything the Holy Priest can't already do. It's a very slight throughput upgrade due to the cooldown. In contrast, Apotheosis is a massive throughput upgrade for situations where you need it.
    Yeah, the new CoH is the same thing as new PoH, except it's instant, has larger range, and heals a little more, but the cooldown makes it only a slight hps increase. It's slightly more healing per mana, though.

Apotheosis seems to be one of the biggest HPS cooldowns in the game, considering the strength of the Holy Words. FH -> FH -> FH -> Serenity is massive single-target hps, as is PoH -> PoH -> PoH -> Sanctity. Improved even further with the talent that gives +15% healing for 8 seconds every time you use a Holy Word.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-29 at 05:30 PM.

But it does, it allows you to heal while moving which is the sole purpose of the talent. Holy without CoH has pretty much 0 movement healing, that's why CoH is the superior talent for 5-mans and mythic+ dungeons have very high amounts of movement periods that require strong healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    But it does, it allows you to heal while moving which is the sole purpose of the talent. Holy without CoH has pretty much 0 movement healing, that's why CoH is the superior talent for 5-mans and mythic+ dungeons have very high amounts of movement periods that require strong healing.
    I agree. It's also useful as it's an extra AoE heal and sometimes waiting for PoH to finish casting is too late. In raids you can afford the wait as you have other healers backing you up.

On the flip side, Apotheosis and Benediciton have niche uses in a dungeon setting. Unless they come out with a mechanic where the tank is constantly getting trucked or you run into a massive aoe damage situation that Divine Hymn can't cover, CoH is the better talent by far.

Deleted
    Apotheosis is indeed a massive thoughput upgrade for situations where it's needed. But those situations are not dungeons. CoH gives you stuff to do while moving (which you usually do a lot of in dungeons).