Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    But flash heal makes me go OOM faster in stuff like Proving Grounds. >_<

I need to figure out how to not go OOM... but normal heal IS SO SLOW.

Is haste the main secondary stat I should be stacking as holy?
    Haste is not: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classes/priest/holy/gear

• Intellect
    • Mastery
    • Critical Strike
    • Haste
    • Versatility
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Let's talk pre-raid trinkets... Since I haven't found anything when I searched the thread for 'trinket'.

So far, my picks are:
    Darkmoon Card: Promises
    Thrumming Gossamer

And the other ones worthy of discussion (imo) are:
    Amalgam's Seventh Spine
    Mote of Sanctification

And one I haven't been able to evaluate because I don't know how likely it is to run out of mana:
    Alchemist's Stone

What are peoples' thoughts on this?

Deleted
    Looks like legendaries were nerfed across the board. Tried the +5x15% one on the beta and it looks like it is +5x10% to holy words now.

edit: well okay some were buffed, so not only nerfs but this is the only change for holy as far as i see
    Last edited by mmoca7e4c7db89; 2016-08-26 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykurex View Post
    Let's talk pre-raid trinkets... Since I haven't found anything when I searched the thread for 'trinket'.

So far, my picks are:
    Darkmoon Card: Promises
    Thrumming Gossamer

And the other ones worthy of discussion (imo) are:
    Amalgam's Seventh Spine
    Mote of Sanctification

And one I haven't been able to evaluate because I don't know how likely it is to run out of mana:
    Alchemist's Stone

What are peoples' thoughts on this?
    Promises is pretty much useless after all the nerfs, for my recommended list of pre-raid trinkets you can check out this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41863682

I know there have been plenty of discussions about artifact path, and I swear I've done a lot of research, but I'm still having some trouble deciding on the best path for me, and could use some advice from some of the theorycrafters here. I'm not in a serious raiding guild, and will be mostly focusing on 5 man content and PvP. But with that said, I still plan to do normal/heroic raids, and would like to not be at too big of a disadvantage in raid content. I've seen a lot of people asking about builds for raids, and some asking about builds for Mythic+ only, but I'm not sure if either of those will be optimal for the more balanced approach I'm looking to take.

It seems like for 5 mans and PvP it is worth prioritizing Light of T'uure, and tbh I anyways don't like the idea of waiting over a month to get access to a new keybind, so I think I'd like to get it relatively early (preferably by rank 15-18 at the latest). But beyond that, I'm not sure which path to take -- I know that Reverence and Words of Healing are strong talents, but I'm not sure how they stack up against getting talents on the left side like Say Your Prayers.

The way I see it there are 3 approaches I can take (won't let me post links, sry -- just add wowhead.com!):
    1. /artifact-calc/priest/holy/GQy2ItA0IBNEATRQE0YDNJAzSgM0sDNRA1QgEA. This is the most direct path, going for goldens before anything else. Would have both Light and Blessing of T'uure by level 18, and then go for Reverence and proceed up the right side.

2. /artifact-calc/priest/holy/IJmmItA0IBNEATRQE0YDNJAzSwM0wDNNATTwM1ADNRA1QgE. In this one I would go for Light of T'uure, then go the long way on the right side to get to Blessing of T'uure, but it will take me till level 25 to get there.

3. /artifact-calc/priest/holy/HkEeItA0IBNEATRQE0YDNJAzSgM0sDNMAzTQE1EDVCAQ. This is the compromise approach. Go for Light of T'uure, then go to Reverence, before returning back to the left side and going for Blessing of T'uure, getting me there a little bit faster at the cost of delaying Words of Healing by a bit.

------

I think path 2 or 3 seem the most optimal to me, but I'm not really sure how much I should be valuing Blessing of T'uure, and I'm not sure exactly *how much* better the traits on the right side are then the left.

What do you guys think makes the most sense for a somewhat balanced build for 5 mans, PvP, and still being effective in raids?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon3000 View Post
    I know there have been plenty of discussions about artifact path, and I swear I've done a lot of research, but I'm still having some trouble deciding on the best path for me, and could use some advice from some of the theorycrafters here. I'm not in a serious raiding guild, and will be mostly focusing on 5 man content and PvP. But with that said, I still plan to do normal/heroic raids, and would like to not be at too big of a disadvantage in raid content. I've seen a lot of people asking about builds for raids, and some asking about builds for Mythic+ only, but I'm not sure if either of those will be optimal for the more balanced approach I'm looking to take.
    My concerns are the same as yours, and I've settled on just going up the right to Words of Healing first, then going up the left from the start to Light of T'uure. This gets you the best passive traits and Light of T'urre with 20 traits, which apparently will take you about 3 weeks to achieve.

Deleted
    Hey, first off sorry if this belongs somewhere else. I'm new both to the priest class and the MMO-champion forums. As Legion hits (hype) I'm hoping to play holy priest. Now to the question: this holy discussion thread is very short compared to the other specs discussion threads. Is there another primary forum for holy priests or is it just that people are waiting with the discussion until 110?

Quote Originally Posted by Iofer View Post
    Hey, first off sorry if this belongs somewhere else. I'm new both to the priest class and the MMO-champion forums. As Legion hits (hype) I'm hoping to play holy priest. Now to the question: this holy discussion thread is very short compared to the other specs discussion threads. Is there another primary forum for holy priests or is it just that people are waiting with the discussion until 110?
    Do the 15 pages not contain the information you're looking for? A portion of the Disc and Shadow threads are not at all useful. No reason to think a shorter thread is bad

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    Do the 15 pages not contain the information you're looking for? A portion of the Disc and Shadow threads are not at all useful. No reason to think a shorter thread is bad
    Truth to that. Earlier today, I casually read some Hunters going back and forth for pages over the same idea in a thread. It happens quite a lot in the Disc thread here, as well, and usually when one side is needlessly abrasive to...idk...feel superior?

Hi guys, have you already decided strategy to level in legion? Do you think is it too slow level as holy - solo leveling doing quests? I have seen different opinions, some saying that disc will be best for level, some prefer shadow and save AP for holy...

Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    Hi guys, have you already decided strategy to level in legion? Do you think is it too slow level as holy - solo leveling doing quests? I have seen different opinions, some saying that disc will be best for level, some prefer shadow and save AP for holy...
    Going to level as Disc but putting points into Holy. If the zones are not too crowded, I'll be doing that. Might spend a bit of time in dungeons if the zones for whatever reason are unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    Going to level as Disc but putting points into Holy. If the zones are not too crowded, I'll be doing that. Might spend a bit of time in dungeons if the zones for whatever reason are unstable.
    Doing the same. Will grab all 3 artifacts at 102

Doing the same. Will grab all 3 artifacts at 102
    You can't grab both at lvl 102, only one. You can get the third one at lvl 106. It may be changed now, but this is how it was in beta.
    For leveling - if you don't have good gear it's better to start as shadow (or disc, but without gear it's not that great IMO), because holy is only good if you have at least 715+ ilvl IMO, so you can spam holy nova and deal decent damage with it, although if you're leveling up with a friend(s) the damage is not relevant. Remember, the main thing while leveling is not how fast you're killing one mob, but how many mobs you can tag and get credit for their death. This is only relevant ofc if you're looking for the fastest way to lvl up, if you don't need to hit lvl 110 as fast as you can - just choose the spec you like and go with it at the pace that suits you, no worries.
    Personally I'll try holy first, depending on how it'll go I'll leave it as spec for leveling or will switch to shadow.
    IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Benq666 View Post
    You can't grab both at lvl 102, only one. You can get the third one at lvl 106. It may be changed now, but this is how it was in beta.
    For leveling - if you don't have good gear it's better to start as shadow (or disc, but without gear it's not that great IMO), because holy is only good if you have at least 715+ ilvl IMO, so you can spam holy nova and deal decent damage with it, although if you're leveling up with a friend(s) the damage is not relevant. Remember, the main thing while leveling is not how fast you're killing one mob, but how many mobs you can tag and get credit for their death. This is only relevant ofc if you're looking for the fastest way to lvl up, if you don't need to hit lvl 110 as fast as you can - just choose the spec you like and go with it at the pace that suits you, no worries.
    Personally I'll try holy first, depending on how it'll go I'll leave it as spec for leveling or will switch to shadow.
    IMHO.
    Hmm did not know that. I wasn't in beta but all the legion leveling info I've been inhaling this week says you can get all your artifacts at 102. If you're right, I will still probably start disc and grab holy at 102 and shadow last. I just like the security in leveling disc over shadow much more

Hmm did not know that. I wasn't in beta but all the legion leveling info I've been inhaling this week says you can get all your artifacts at 102. If you're right, I will still probably start disc and grab holy at 102 and shadow last. I just like the security in leveling disc over shadow much more
    Benq666 is correct. You get your 2nd artifact weapon at 102 and 3rd at 106.

I'm curious though, why would you start as Disc just to put points into your Holy artifact? Disc has no AoE to speak of. In Beta, I leveled to 110 as Holy in ~7 hours with no potions or special buffs used. You just round up everything you can see and Holy Nova it down. Holy's single target damage blows but you shouldn't be killing rare elites until 110 anyway so its just the odd quest boss that is annoying and Apotheosis helps with that well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Benq666 is correct. You get your 2nd artifact weapon at 102 and 3rd at 106.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq666 View Post
    When was that? Because last time I leveled you definitely got all remaining artifacts at 102. but its been a little over a month since I played.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    I'm curious though, why would you start as Disc just to put points into your Holy artifact? Disc has no AoE to speak of. In Beta, I leveled to 110 as Holy in ~7 hours with no potions or special buffs used. You just round up everything you can see and Holy Nova it down. Holy's single target damage blows but you shouldn't be killing rare elites until 110 anyway so its just the odd quest boss that is annoying and Apotheosis helps with that well enough.
    I came back to WoW a month ago so when I was very under geared, I found disc the safest to level. It was slow but I never died. Shadow, I was way too squishy, and Disc handled elites and rares much better than Holy. And I've heard people say you can overpull in some areas leveling in Legion.

I'm iLvl 714 now. If you think that's plenty sturdy to level as Holy, I'll take your word for it and start Holy

I came back to WoW a month ago so when I was very under geared, I found disc the safest to level. It was slow but I never died. Shadow, I was way too squishy, and Disc handled elites and rares much better than Holy. And I've heard people say you can overpull in some areas leveling in Legion.

I'm iLvl 714 now. If you think that's plenty sturdy to level as Holy, I'll take your word for it and start Holy
    RE 2nd and 3rd artifact weapons: According to WoWhead the others are correct. You now get all your other artifact weapons at 102.

As for leveling, 714 is probably the same as I was when I started beta so I would think you're fine. I never had any trouble "overpulling" even with Angelic Feathers talented. Holy just isn't fast enough to grab more mobs than it can handle. You just Serenity yourself halfway through a pack and that's all you need.

Honestly, none of the priest specs are great questers anyway so I think it just comes down to whatever spec you plan to main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secondary artifacts changed in late beta. You get your first straight away at 100 as the first quest chain. You get the second at 102 and you can complete all the others for your class at that time.

The scenarios give good XP so it's worth getting the artifacts for all your specs at 102.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relics. What's the suggested ones for Holy?