Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Woot, got my Legendary cloak today (second Mythic+2 run we did).

Some interesting notes about it, that I wasn't able to try out on Beta: 1)you do not lose any buffs when you "die" (food/flask; might be some outliers). 2) Any spell you are casting *during* SoR is not interrupted when you pop back "alive", which is pretty nifty. 3) Spamming heals during SoR during medium-to-heavy group damage only netted me about 50% life when I returned (no concrete number examples, sorry). Does absolutely no healing returned me with 1% HP.

The stat priority also changes with playstyle.

which trinket is the best?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137540/c...ens&bonus=1727 vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=134336/s...onus=1492:3395 (it has crit as supplementary stat around 883 or something)

I switched to surge of light + apotheosis build and im doing much much better and prayer of healing seems to work well but only if everyone is pilled up.

- - - Updated - - -

Just completed my first raid as holy priest killing the first 2 bosses , raid is really completely different than a dungeon , flash is still ok but prayer , circle and sanctify are godlike , i cant remember how many times i pull a sick sanctify / circle / prayer combo , i completely countered elirethe but also nyrethra and even ligoth , i think i spent my time using prayer a lot , it seems aoe healing is something you do often as priest and its fun also.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-09-21 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, I switched back to my original build with CoH and Enlightenment mid-raid, huge HPS increase.

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some feed back. I know it's only the first week, but I feel like i'm struggling to keep. Any tips would be appreciated.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/z4cX7Hm6N2Pqhkxp

Quote Originally Posted by zekataz View Post
    Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some feed back. I know it's only the first week, but I feel like i'm struggling to keep. Any tips would be appreciated.
    Why no Trail of Light to improve your flash heal casts?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Guys is 130k hps fine? i was second in the healing meters below a pala who was the mt healer and had about 150-170k hps

Deleted
    Hello all,

I would prio Prayer of Healing casts over your flash heal casts, it has a lot more power for a fight like ursoc.
    Cast your prayer of mending!
    You have apotheosis specced but only used it once. Keep it going, if anything it'll save you some mana.
    I would never casts that much flash heal as you've been doing.

Hello all,

I've been using CoH and getting really good mileage off it, it's usually 2nd or 3rd for me. I am in a 10 man group so not sure how it would transition to 20+.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Why no Trail of Light to improve your flash heal casts?
    Going in, I was worried about running out of mana. But thinking back, out of all the pulls, I only recall using 1 or 2 mana pots. So maybe I can swap out the 10% mana regen talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    I would prio Prayer of Healing casts over your flash heal casts, it has a lot more power for a fight like ursoc.
    Cast your prayer of mending!
    You have apotheosis specced but only used it once. Keep it going, if anything it'll save you some mana.
    I would never casts that much flash heal as you've been doing.
    Yeah, I was worried about saving Apotheosis for an emergency, but i'll have to get it into my head to use it during the first "heavy damage" phase of any boss fight, then just keep it on cool-down from that point on?. As for flash heal, yeah, when i panic and i'm not sure what to do, I spam it I'll try and use more PoH as my "I'm not sure what to do" cast?

Quote Originally Posted by shoops View Post
    I've been using CoH and getting really good mileage off it, it's usually 2nd or 3rd for me. I am in a 10 man group so not sure how it would transition to 20+.
    I've used CoH alot if 5 mans and loved it. It's always an option if I really find my self struggling to use Apotheosis, But as of now, I don't think it packs enough of a punch for the mana cost in a 20+ man group

Thanks for all the feedback so far.. I want more!

SO it looks like i need to switch to Trail of light, and focus on using PoH more than FlashHeal, and Don't be affaid to use Apotheosis during Medium+ damage phases.

QUESTION:
    In general.... If PoM is on cooldown, renews on the tanks, and the raid is currently taking little to no damage, What should I just be doing? Casting PoH as a filler? or Pre-cast PoH and just canceling the spell before it finishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Guys is 130k hps fine? i was second in the healing meters below a pala who was the mt healer and had about 150-170k hps
    If no one died then yes it was fine. You can't really measure HPS like you can DPS as it's subjective to a lot more factors.

i mostly do around 120-130k hps except ursoc where i did 200k+ , pala is beating all atm with sustained around 170k hps but thats because he is the mt healer too , we spend less globals at healing , so far im mostly a sanctify prayer of healing bot , i will save someone with serenity every now and then and throw flashes in some cases but its mostly prayer spam and its pretty good. Our 2nd priest is focused on a renew build but i seem to beat him , i think renew builds lose tons of value from echo of light my echo is usually 2nd while his isnt even top 3.

@Aizen244 are you doing normal? I did normal with another priest, I was renew specced and he mostly did flash heal+ serenity. I got outhealed pretty hard. But when we went hc and damage was more consistent I was on top. For example on hc I did 325k on ursoc.

That said eventhough I'm still running renew, I'm definitly not convinced.

I'm finding myself in a bit of a predicament with stats, right now. I'm all Mastery/Crit, but as a result I have almost no haste, making my casts feel really sluggish compared to Disc. Not having trouble healing, it just feels kinda meh because of all my casts being so slow.

Is Mastery really that much better than Haste?

I find myself dpsing a lot in mythic +. what stat is more viable for dps as holy? since mastery is useless. crit or haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightshadow86 View Post
    I find myself dpsing a lot in mythic +. what stat is more viable for dps as holy? since mastery is useless. crit or haste?
    Haste, technically, but that'd mean gearing for haste. Crit at least is 2nd for both healing and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightshadow86 View Post
    Are you doing anything 5+? Because after that point you hardly have any time to dps....
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Are you doing anything 5+? Because after that point you hardly have any time to dps....
    He could be grouping with a warrior tank, though if so that gravy train is coming to an end soon.

Deleted
    Yeah, I was worried about saving Apotheosis for an emergency, but i'll have to get it into my head to use it during the first "heavy damage" phase of any boss fight, then just keep it on cool-down from that point on?. As for flash heal, yeah, when i panic and i'm not sure what to do, I spam it I'll try and use more PoH as my "I'm not sure what to do" cast?

SO it looks like i need to switch to Trail of light, and focus on using PoH more than FlashHeal, and Don't be affaid to use Apotheosis during Medium+ damage phases.

QUESTION:
    In general.... If PoM is on cooldown, renews on the tanks, and the raid is currently taking little to no damage, What should I just be doing? Casting PoH as a filler? or Pre-cast PoH and just canceling the spell before it finishes?
    I think it's quite common, when the raid is taking heavy damage and nearly every1 is close to dying, you'll revert to a panic mode and try to save whoever is lowest. Usually this means you don't trust your healing allies. If you play as a team and know each others strength and weakness, you would be able to get through hard situations like these without having to cast non-ideal spells.

As for the lvl 15 talent; I play with 10% mana regen (for extra PoH casts).

when there is little to no damage, I dps the boss. This is not HFC anymore, and bosses do not die in 2-3 mins either. You will end up out of mana if you start whoring when it's not needed. Let the raid drop a bit and start casting your efficient spells.
    If you don't want to dps the boss -> Cast Heal (depending on your haste, you'll nearly be able to maintain your mana).

Last note: Renew is generally not worth casting unless you're moving, don't bother putting it on the tanks unless you're moving and you have nothing else to cast.

Just wondering, does anyone know if theres a way to see the overhealing of trail of light in logs?