Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    @Aizen244 are you doing normal? I did normal with another priest, I was renew specced and he mostly did flash heal+ serenity. I got outhealed pretty hard. But when we went hc and damage was more consistent I was on top. For example on hc I did 325k on ursoc.

That said eventhough I'm still running renew, I'm definitly not convinced.
    325k? How did you do so much? whats your ilvl? and how do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyCrook View Post
    Just wondering, does anyone know if theres a way to see the overhealing of trail of light in logs?
    It should be possible to write a filter for them, since they are paired with another heal with a a fixed size correlation, always.

How is everyone feeling about mobility? I gotta say, it feels pretty bad hard casting all the time now that PoM has a cast time and circle is gone, also renew not being a real spell anymore. Serenity/Sanc doesn't get cast as frequently to function as a stutter casting spell. The only fortunate thing is that mana, not gcd, are the limiting factor for healing so it doesn't feel as bad just simply hauling to a spot.

How do you guys feel about Benediction? I'm having trouble figuring out when to cast Apotheosis on raids, and with the first golden dragon(Hymn making PoM jump around) it feels so good to PoM spam! Love doing it with Trail of Light or Enlightenment(since I'm not using Apo, feels like I could use the extra mana but I'm not sure).

I'm also defaulting to Divinity on l90, are there situations where Divine Star or Halo are clearly superior or do you feel it's personal choice?

Also I'm aware that Renew is pretty bad atm, but do you think that with the 2x renew tick leg, some weird Renew-centric build(Benediction, Binding Heal, Enduring Renewal) would be strong? I want to try that out so bad ..!

For that matter, how do you guys measure your efficiency? As a dps it's pretty straightforward to look at logs on certain phases and say "yeah I did good damage", but how does that work on healing? Like, sometimes a lot of HPS also means a lot of mana and eventually you might kill your raid; on the other hand not spending too much mana might mean you finish a fight with a lot of not-used mana which feels like a "waste" as well. I'm kinda new to healing so it feels odd to me.

@Aizen244 are you doing normal? I did normal with another priest, I was renew specced and he mostly did flash heal+ serenity. I got outhealed pretty hard. But when we went hc and damage was more consistent I was on top. For example on hc I did 325k on ursoc.

That said eventhough I'm still running renew, I'm definitly not convinced.
    Do you have logs by chance? One renew is like 7500 hps. You'd have to have 40'ish of them out to hit 325k in a renew-focused build.

Unless you're talking about 325k total healing done?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    325k? How did you do so much? whats your ilvl? and how do you play?
    didn't do Ursoc HM yet but this number seems plausible. I was able to do 300k HPS on normal cenarius on a 6:41 long fight with 849 ilvl (no legendaries). It was pretty much a prayer of healing / Sanctify spam fest with divine hymn and Apotheosis on CD.

@Aizen244 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ZqQ6/#fight=20 It's 315 actually. Still definitly now with the Pom traits it can go much higher, or claim divine hymn twice kappa. I only really tested 1 style and that is binding/renew reset. I'm actually going to wait with trying the other specs out on mythic. As heroic, and especially normal is mostly just a snipe fest. Though I do think more PoH would defo boost my numers, but not sure mana wise.
    Last edited by Mazeari; 2016-09-26 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Has anyone got stat weights for holy? I see the following on AMR but it puts haste very low which dose not seem correct

Intellect 17.76
    Critical Strike 10.71
    Mastery 10.19
    Versatility 10.11
    Haste 4.55

@Aizen244 It's 315 actually. Still definitly now with the Pom traits it can go much higher, or claim divine hymn twice kappa. I only really tested 1 style and that is binding/renew reset. I'm actually going to wait with trying the other specs out on mythic. As heroic, and especially normal is mostly just a snipe fest. Though I do think more PoH would defo boost my numers, but not sure mana wise.
    Do you mind giving a quick overview of the playstyle? I'm only ever really going to do heroic, and I'm not so sure if I like FH spam playstyle. Benediction, Enduring Renewal, and Binding heal. Keep PoM on CD, keep renews up on everyone by targeting those whose renew is going to fall off with binding heal/heal, and use Holy Words as needed?

Not many people are rolling the renew spec, so I'm just curious.

PoM on cd, try and keep renew onself, and reset when it gets low with bindingheal. Occasionaly cast renew when Benediction didn't feel like proccing alot. During down time re-apply few renew and cast greater heal to reset (mana yo), or smite dps when a long downtime is occuring. High intensity is holy word: sanctify. with 1-3 PoH. In this period I also binding heal if I've multipe renews out and the duration are running out.
    For example holy word sanctify + 1 poh. 2 bindingheal to reset renew, PoH. And back to low intensity phase.
    Holy word: serenity where you see fit.
    Often if you have renew on both tanks they reset eachother with binding

Recently I've been playing around with Piety (the talent). But what I've been noticing is that while I never get Surge of Light procs, I do - from time to time - get instant cast Flash Heals (not sure if they're free Flash Heals or not). Has anyone else experienced this bug/feature?

PoM on cd, try and keep renew onself, and reset when it gets low with bindingheal. Occasionaly cast renew when Benediction didn't feel like proccing alot. During down time re-apply few renew and cast greater heal to reset (mana yo), or smite dps when a long downtime is occuring. High intensity is holy word: sanctify. with 1-3 PoH. In this period I also binding heal if I've multipe renews out and the duration are running out.
    For example holy word sanctify + 1 poh. 2 bindingheal to reset renew, PoH. And back to low intensity phase.
    Thanks for the log. Can you give your gear stats? I would think crit/haste build would be strong and mastery would really be lacking in a renew/PoM build, but your EoL healing was just second to renew.
    Last edited by cruxxy; 2016-09-26 at 06:17 PM.

26% crit, 11% haste, 35% mastery, 2% vers. But I did get like 8 ilv's since I did that raid.

That said back in hfc 33% of my healing was renew. And now it's 20%. Which means 80% is affected by mastery. And mastery gives aprox 33% more then crit. Meaning mastery still has more value. Maybe that changes on mythic/with legendary when 30% of your healing becomes with renew (which I honestly doubt with the current renew). I personally don't prefer haste as mana is a rare thing these days. And the Gheal during down time can proc Blessing of T'uure aswell.

Edit: I do try and keep both mastery and crit high.

Ive done 325k HPS with 105m total healing on Cenarius. Its a great time for holy priests.

Tbh its just PoH spam with sanctify really. Hymn when needed on dragon pulse phase ect.

Could have been higher but I
    A) Didnt cast PoM enough
    B) Forgot to kill myself when I went OOM at end of the fight

But yep, its possible.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to raise another question, regarding the artifact trait after lvl 20. Most guides seem to say that we should go for "Holy Mending" before going for "Light of T'uure". But in a raid setting (my guild raids are 20-25 people), apart from the tanks I almost never use renew, so I was wondering if going directly for "Light of T'uure" would be better than "Holy Mending"? Hell, I even think that one stack of "Serenity Now" would already be better than "Holy Mending"... Except maybe in dungeons.

Any thoughts on that?

Edit: Just saw the artifact path on HowToPriest and it's exactly what I thought it should be... I still don't understand the path on icy veins but whatever.
    Last edited by Naiiu; 2016-09-27 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyCrook View Post
    Ive done 325k HPS with 105m total healing on Cenarius. Its a great time for holy priests.

Tbh its just PoH spam with sanctify really. Hymn when needed on dragon pulse phase ect.

Could have been higher but I
    A) Didnt cast PoM enough
    B) Forgot to kill myself when I went OOM at end of the fight

But yep, its possible.
    We (or I, at least) didn't doubt it was possible, just not in a renew based spec.

Maz that's a pretty impressive heal carry. I'm pretty sure you could have done more HPS with a more traditional PoH focused style (Echo and Sanc are already your 2 and 3 heal and did nearly the same as renew), but then again your mana might not have lasted. Good to know that if we do have to go full on efficiency mode it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Itania View Post
    didn't do Ursoc HM yet but this number seems plausible. I was able to do 300k HPS on normal cenarius on a 6:41 long fight with 849 ilvl (no legendaries). It was pretty much a prayer of healing / Sanctify spam fest with divine hymn and Apotheosis on CD.
    Does apotheosis offer more hps than circle of healing for a fight like cenarius?

So you mostly get your renews from pom? You dont seem to cast renew much

btw guys does recount counts overheal as hps?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    We (or I, at least) didn't doubt it was possible, just not in a renew based spec.

Maz that's a pretty impressive heal carry. I'm pretty sure you could have done more HPS with a more traditional PoH focused style (Echo and Sanc are already your 2 and 3 heal and did nearly the same as renew), but then again your mana might not have lasted. Good to know that if we do have to go full on efficiency mode it can work.
    Yeah next week going to try out more PoH on ursoc and a few others. I had roughly 30% healing done on renew on Cenarius heroic today. But, it wasn't my day, I did really well on wipes (on par with the druid), and the on the kill(s) I got (relatively) poor logs. But I'm swithcing around between so many things, Disc, all the different holy combinations. And then on mythic the one can be better then the other, so you can start all over again. It's fun, but also annoying because you want to play it all at the same time.

I think I cast a renew roughly every 10 seconds, the rest comes from PoM. Usually on the tank. But on cenarius I did alot of renews. Well I just blame the poor logs on my very long day

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Does apotheosis offer more hps than circle of healing for a fight like cenarius?

btw guys does recount counts overheal as hps?
    It may be a hps gain by allowing me to snipe heals from the resto druid of my raid, but it will drain my mana a lot faster. Apotheosis is a nice hps boost and save mana by making your holy words free.

About recount, i use details! atm so i can't check but i'm pretty sure overheal is not counted toward hps.

Deleted
    I'm currently having a really, really hard time finding groups for Mythic+. I'm at 853 and I get declined constantly for being a Holy Priest, even if they are looking for a 840+ healer.
    It's getting very annoying. I don't have a guild and only an hour at a time to run 1 or 2 dungeons, but I'm spending so much time applying to groups that I'd rather do something else...