Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I honestly have no idea why you would be declined as a holy priest. They are quite good in mythic + oO

Deleted
    Just from looking over the groups that don't have a healer there are 5 that say 'shaman preferred', 3 with 'leather prefered', 2 with 'druid/shaman pls' and 2 with 'no priest/pala'. It's ridiculous. I can't even get into a group that requires you to bring your own stone. Even they decline me for being a priest. Wtf?

Well shaman preferred makes sense, they bring lust, leather also makes sense for gear sharing. Druids/Shamans are currently doing amazing in 5-mans atm. Still seems silly you're getting declined over class, at this point I'd just make my own group.

Maybe make it clear that you're Holy and have experience? You can also always just make your own group
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Maybe make it clear that you're Holy and have experience? You can also always just make your own group
    Of course I could, but that would take even more time. Need to find people with keystones, fill the group and so on. I find it to be pretty dumb that I need to have a certain class to be accepted into other groups when we're not even underpowered in any way.
    For regular mythics I got invited every time with much worse equip. And now I need to spend 20 minutes actively searching for a group. Not what I'm used to as a healer.

Yeah, it's not that holy is bad but there seems to be a perception floating around that only druid/shamans are good. Most likely these groups are just looking for an easy carry, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Of course I could, but that would take even more time. Need to find people with keystones, fill the group and so on. I find it to be pretty dumb that I need to have a certain class to be accepted into other groups when we're not even underpowered in any way.
    For regular mythics I got invited every time with much worse equip. And now I need to spend 20 minutes actively searching for a group. Not what I'm used to as a healer.
    It doesn't take much time to start a group. Now you're just being lazy imo
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yeah, it's not that holy is bad but there seems to be a perception floating around that only druid/shamans are good. Most likely these groups are just looking for an easy carry, etc etc.
    Both have a b-res so its easier for them to carry shitters.

Back on topic, I doubt Zelos is looking to pub 5+ groups, but Holy does start to have some real issues around that mark, mainly concerning our lack of any personal cd's, and I think that's where some of the prejudice may be arising as well. Dantalionax one shot me (853 or 854 at the time) with his opening shadowbolt volley at I think +6. Xavius will basically do the same, and I don't know how we could survive his Feed on the Weak without using our only external on ourselves and praying. Desperate prayer can hold that back for a couple of more levels but pre-popping it means you're not even getting use out of the heal and you're still gambling that the boss casts right on his timer if you want to be at the full +20% max hp. Plus, then no feathers : /

Really makes me want to pick up Guardians of the Light with my next point. Just glad the VH jailers can't target healers anymore.

A bit of a dumb question, but is there anywhere I can look at the healing breakdown of high percentile holy priests on a fight by fight basis? I have just been noticing a lot of the holy priests I end up healing with tend to have their Flash Heal as ~55-60% of their healing and mine usually hovers around ~30% was wondering if there was somewhere I can compare healing breakdowns to myself! We usually hover around similar HPS but I was just wondering if I should be adjusting how much I use each spell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Both have a b-res so its easier for them to carry shitters.
    Shamans don't have a brez, they have a self rez, but i get your point, utility.

Back on topic, I doubt Zelos is looking to pub 5+ groups, but Holy does start to have some real issues around that mark, mainly concerning our lack of any personal cd's, and I think that's where some of the prejudice may be arising as well. Dantalionax one shot me (853 or 854 at the time) with his opening shadowbolt volley at I think +6. Xavius will basically do the same, and I don't know how we could survive his Feed on the Weak without using our only external on ourselves and praying. Desperate prayer can hold that back for a couple of more levels but pre-popping it means you're not even getting use out of the heal and you're still gambling that the boss casts right on his timer if you want to be at the full +20% max hp. Plus, then no feathers : /
    I have to disagree with you. I did +5-8 as holy with a whopping 0 AP in my artifact. We did struggle on some parts, but that was due to affixes or accidental pulls. I never felt like people were in real danger of dying, although we did have some close calls.

As for that ability in particular, you need to spam heal the person, you should be able to survive the initial hit, if you can't then you need to either A) pop GS like you suggested, B) Ask for an external CD from someone else (Pally sac for example), or C) Get more stamina on your gear.

Deleted
    Did a raid today has Holy, just want some pointers please, here's a wowlog:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/qHWax789QNGDcvnh

Where am I going wrong? I'd just like a potential HPS increase.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pufftastic View Post
    A bit of a dumb question, but is there anywhere I can look at the healing breakdown of high percentile holy priests on a fight by fight basis? I have just been noticing a lot of the holy priests I end up healing with tend to have their Flash Heal as ~55-60% of their healing and mine usually hovers around ~30% was wondering if there was somewhere I can compare healing breakdowns to myself! We usually hover around similar HPS but I was just wondering if I should be adjusting how much I use each spell!
    Don't take them as examples, having 50%+ of flash heal total sounds to me like they're doing something wrong. I usually see Echo of Light first or on par with flash heal at around 30%. In the end, it depends on the fight of course.

Here are my logs from last night's EN HC : warcraftlogs.com/reports/C7KDcAGVjM8X2PxN/#type=healing

I don't pretend I'm doing everything right, and if someone has any advice based on my logs, I'd be happy to hear it! On some fights, I really have shitty HPS, but the other healers in my guild are so fucking good that I often find myself out of job

They actually have a brez, though it's preactive instead of reactive and lasts for 30 secs in a 30 yard radius.
    It's also op in raids, seeing as that rez does not count as a cr. And the other 2 talents are meh anyway

I notice that benediction is popular even without a binding heal build , enlightment is popular aswell , it makes some sense tbh , apotheosis is a great cd but in a lot of fights you dont really know when its the perfect moment to pop it , benediction is a sustained strong heal and can be used on cd , i also have 2 strong relics that support pom and they are wasted if i dont use it enough , i think i will try benediction and pom spam today.

I have to disagree with you. I did +5-8 as holy with a whopping 0 AP in my artifact. We did struggle on some parts, but that was due to affixes or accidental pulls. I never felt like people were in real danger of dying, although we did have some close calls.

As for that ability in particular, you need to spam heal the person, you should be able to survive the initial hit, if you can't then you need to either A) pop GS like you suggested, B) Ask for an external CD from someone else (Pally sac for example), or C) Get more stamina on your gear.
    6+ in general is not the problem. Maw, Nelth's, and those sort are fine and hps shouldn't be an issue in any mythic. It's more that there are certain dungeons with unavoidable mechanics where we just cap out lower than the other healers, because Blizzard decided they all get movement and personal cd's baseline whereas we get none, and our one personal defensive talent is pretty bad. BRH is particularly frustrating because so much good HPriest loot drops there.

Saying "You're fine with a ret pally" or "Overgear it" (I don't think there are any other sources of stam for us besides straight ilvl? I guess you could flask for stam which I may very well start doing.) only disguise the underlying problems. I even tried gearing Mastery/Versatility back in beta but a) That gear is really hard to find (ex: There is zero M/V gear in Emerald Nightmare, at least for us.) and b) Your heals suffer noticeably by doing so. It just isn't as good as Mastery/Crit and I don't think I ever even reached 5% damage reduction anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    They actually have a brez, though it's preactive instead of reactive and lasts for 30 secs in a 30 yard radius.
    It's also op in raids, seeing as that rez does not count as a cr. And the other 2 talents are meh anyway
    Whelp, didn't know that. Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I notice that benediction is popular even without a binding heal build , enlightment is popular aswell , it makes some sense tbh , apotheosis is a great cd but in a lot of fights you dont really know when its the perfect moment to pop it , benediction is a sustained strong heal and can be used on cd , i also have 2 strong relics that support pom and they are wasted if i dont use it enough , i think i will try benediction and pom spam today.
    Benediction makes sense since CoH is fairly weak and apotheosis is a bit weird at times, even in raids. I tend to run enlightenment the first time I do a boss just to err on the side of caution for mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    6+ in general is not the problem. Maw, Nelth's, and those sort are fine and hps shouldn't be an issue in any mythic. It's more that there are certain dungeons with unavoidable mechanics where we just cap out lower than the other healers, because Blizzard decided they all get movement and personal cd's baseline whereas we get none, and our one personal defensive talent is pretty bad. BRH is particularly frustrating because so much good HPriest loot drops there.
    Hmm, I did BRH as my +8 last week and honestly can't recall struggling anywhere in there. Any healer is going to struggle if you don't have a stun rotation going and stay generally stacked. Desperate Prayer is admittedly on a terrible row as it hinders with out movement speed and majority of the time Feathers > DP. As it stands we do have a personal that's passive, Focused Will but in a dungeon it'll rarely be active when we need it. We at least have 2 power house spells that are instant and I can't really recall a single instance I couldn't stop and spam heals for a few seconds to top people off before moving again. Just fill your movement with your Holy Words/CoH and you'll be fine.
    Saying "You're fine with a ret pally" or "Overgear it" (I don't think there are any other sources of stam for us besides straight ilvl? I guess you could flask for stam which I may very well start doing.) only disguise the underlying problems. I even tried gearing Mastery/Versatility back in beta but a) That gear is really hard to find (ex: There is zero M/V gear in Emerald Nightmare, at least for us.) and b) Your heals suffer noticeably by doing so. It just isn't as good as Mastery/Crit and I don't think I ever even reached 5% damage reduction anyway.
    Well sure, you won't always have a pally in the group, I was just presenting a solution. And it's not overgearing it if you have 850 gear. I've seen a few people rocking 825 necks/rings because of secondary stats, but it's a huge hit on stam.

Well sure, you won't always have a pally in the group, I was just presenting a solution. And it's not overgearing it if you have 850 gear. I've seen a few people rocking 825 necks/rings because of secondary stats, but it's a huge hit on stam.
    Oh I gotcha. Not the case for me at least; I was lucky enough to craft myself crit/mastery necklace and rings all on the first try, and they're all 850. And yeah, we were expecting the death to happen after Amalgam's blast dropped me to 5% hp without consuming any souls and just had our DK res me. It still feelsbadman.

Do you remember what you popped to survive the initial shadowbolt volley in BRH 8? I mean that's like 2.4 million? damage at that point with no further modifiers. I have 1.906 million hp at this point and that's after a few upgrades. I'm even Forsaken for the whopping 1% less damage from most of the aforementioned abilities.

To be clear: these aren't abilities that can be stunned or interrupted that I'm talking about. If those are killing people then its just bad play. It's the unavoidable (shadowbolt volley) or RNG (Melandrus' second Maelstrom where he immediately Blade Surges out of it) one shots/combos that we just don't have a button to press for.

I'll see if I have a log of it and take a look tonight as I can't remember that fight specifically and what I did. I may have died, but for the vast majority of out pulls we just yolo'd it.

I've come across a handful of trinkets over the past few days; not particularly sure which ones are best:

-850 Alch Trinket
    -850 Promises deck
    -840 Heightened Senses
    -850 Vial of Nightmare Fog

I'm assuming Alch trinket + Vial for throughput, and Alch+Promises if more mana is needed?

Deleted
    I do feel like half of our toolkit is useless right now. Flash heal, serenity and sanctify are pretty much all that's worth the GCD. Hymn is kind of iffy as well, I often feel it's not worth poping it, over trying to heal manually.

Also healing overall is just back to spamming fast heals to top people off. Even on heroic, eye can kill someone while you cast heal on them (with the random lasers).