Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    What you are thinking of would be called a "Renew Strategy", not a "Renew Build".
    I think this is meaningless semantics. I'm not seeing anyone advocating for rolling Renews, so arguments against such a tactic are pointless - and arguments predicated on misinterpreting people discussing Benediction as advising regular hard-casting of Renew are specious.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    What you are thinking of would be called a "Renew Strategy", not a "Renew Build".
    And even then you wouldn't hardcast Renew, which is why it is called a "build" not a "strategy".
    Tomato, tomato.

By the way, Benediction looks like the talent to go nowadays, a lot of holy priest are using it and after 7.1 it will become even better.

Deleted
    I use it in raid, CoH in dungeons. Never liked Apotheosis. I think Bene is really good.

Also, question stat prio wise: is haste really better than versa? I feel like haste increases throughput slightly more than versa but gets me OOM faster so is overall a decrease in my healing performance. Haven't calculated anything though.
    Last edited by mmoc4e48563df5; 2016-10-23 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    A question to the holypriests out there.

Every artifact has a hidden ability. Something that is for fun and maybe a bit potent, but which is usually disabled in mythic dungeons & raids.

Example:
    - The disc weapon sometimes explodes when you cast Light's Wrath, dealing massive damage
    - The shadow weapon talks to you all over the place
    - On death, Fury Warriors get resurrected and get 8 seconds to kill what killed them. If successful, they get to live.
    - Protection Paladins can spot hidden demons that drop artifact power
    - Survival hunter turn into an eagle when dead
    - Ret paladins have a chance to instantly kill any undead
    And so on...

Anyone spotted the holy artifact hidden ability yet? Because I'm curious now...
    Frost Mages have to find a ghost each day in Dalaran that will mistake them for Alodi, and grant them 5% XP and Rep gains for two hours.

Aside from that... I've been racking my brains for any extremely old Holy Priest (or priest in general) or naaru interactions to try and find something...

I have tried spamming spells at the old "Balance of Light and Shadow" quest area, no dice.

There also seems to be no interaction with M'uru (Sunwell), K'ure (Oshu'gun Outland), nor O'ros (outside of the event).
    Last edited by Firebert; 2016-10-24 at 04:03 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    By the way, Benediction looks like the talent to go nowadays, a lot of holy priest are using it and after 7.1 it will become even better.
    What is changing that makes this the new "goto" talent over apoth? Maybe I suck at searching for patch notes but from what I've seen there isn't any changes to Holy?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Tomato, tomato.

Yes, but I wasn't the one who brought it up ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Frost Mages have to find a ghost each day in Dalaran that will mistake them for Alodi, and grant them 5% XP and Rep gains for two hours.

Aside from that... I've been racking my brains for any extremely old Holy Priest (or priest in general) or naaru interactions to try and find something...

I have tried spamming spells at the old "Balance of Light and Shadow" quest area, no dice.

There also seems to be no interaction with M'uru (Sunwell), K'ure (Oshu'gun Outland), nor O'ros (outside of the event).
    You can add Ku'te (outside black temple) to that. No interactions :/
    Otherwise, some good hunting!

The only clue I think we have is this quote in Aszuna. (screenshot not mine)
    http://imgur.com/r/wow/K9o23fo

I scoured the area both in living and ghost form and didn't manage to see anything. But logic tells me something should be there. And yet.. nope.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks,

I recently got a Concave Reflecting Lens (http:// www. wowhead. com/item=137540/concave-reflecting-lens&bonus=1727_)

After playing with it a bit i noticed that it does about 4-5% of my healing. Is it one of the better ones for Holy, or is it at least good?

Quote Originally Posted by Cohren View Post
    What is changing that makes this the new "goto" talent over apoth? Maybe I suck at searching for patch notes but from what I've seen there isn't any changes to Holy?
    You need deep artifact traits from different branches to optimize Benediction. The legendary legs are also helpful.

I got sephuz secret today but the stats look bad for holy , shall i go disc or shadow for the sake of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I got sephuz secret today but the stats look bad for holy , shall i go disc or shadow for the sake of it?
    I'm pretty sure all three specs are happy with iLvl 895 worth of Int/Stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    I'm pretty sure all three specs are happy with iLvl 895 worth of Int/Stamina.
    Yea if rings actually had main stat that would be sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    You can add Ku'te (outside black temple) to that. No interactions :/
    Otherwise, some good hunting!

The only clue I think we have is this quote in Aszuna. (screenshot not mine)
    http://imgur.com/r/wow/K9o23fo

I scoured the area both in living and ghost form and didn't manage to see anything. But logic tells me something should be there. And yet.. nope.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=96984/oenia-skyhorn#comments

"Help us... priest... your staff shines with a light such that I've never seen before."

Both dead.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Plenty of people consider Sephuz or Prydaz to be useless for their specs, but they usually just keep it in their bank instead of changing their spec. It's not some amazing item that will vastly improve your performance as Disc or Shadow. Just blame the legendary system for giving you trash and hope something better drops next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=96984/oenia-skyhorn#comments

"Help us... priest... your staff shines with a light such that I've never seen before."

Both dead.
    I'm offline, but...did you try to.../pray ?

Deleted
    How good is Holy in Mythic+ after the 7.1 changes? Both healing and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    How good is Holy in Mythic+ after the 7.1 changes? Both healing and damage.
    As good as they were, but slightly better?

We didn't get enough changes to drive us from "useless" to "borderline OP", but that's OK because we weren't useless to begin with.

I have been playing holy since the begining of this exp , raided as holy only and did all mythic+ stuff as holy too , imo holy has unlimited potential and the patch will not affect that , im one of those flash heal spammers but i do so because i dont have the equipment to go for more , the reason holy is strong spot healer is not flash heal but rather serenity , when your tank takes shit ton of damage in a dungeon you need serenity to save it , flash heal will not be able to top it and in a lot of situations , tank is not the one who dies but rather the rest of group , ofc you want to spam flash heal combined with light of tuure when your tank takes ton of dmg in order to decrease serenity faster too but i dont think surge of light adds too much value here neither trail of light , a *renew* build would be able to keep the group alive from any kind of sick aoe there is , i did a shit tons of mythic+ this week pushing for 3 chests and i wish i had binding heal in alot of situations.

Holy is literally op when it comes to healing but you need to be great with mechanics because its not very forgiving due to lack of defensive cds , this week someone pulled serpentix with 2 hydras up seagulls and crabs.... and i managed to outheal all that and it was a +2 and im not even great...

Nevertheless since im boosting now , i feel that holy cant do so well with random dps because despite its great healing , the damage is not that great even though its ok , discipline will make you lose alot of tools but the damage it does is insane and its also easy , i can easily pull alot of dps even if i never use smite , dot+mindbender+penance alone are enough , if you take purge the wicked will also boost your aoe damage , im not sure if shadowmending can handle heavy aoe situations but well you have mass shields too and barrier so it cant be that bad.

The only thing i like about holy is holy nova big packs , you can reach even 200K+ dps there but you know you are burning globals doing this and in some cases it may not end well , discipline damage is safe and easy to pull every single time.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-10-25 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Changes mostly affect raiding imo because that's where you'll be using Benediction.