Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    Hey guys, I recently switched to holy priest from mw monk. I have a gameplay question. I love holy priest and it offers a lot. I love the spell interplay. However, one place where I feel holy priest is lacking compared to other healers is what do you do in 5 mans and even more so in raids when theres a lot of raid wide damage if hymn and sanctify are on cd? Do you fill with PoH or do you only cast PoH if invoke the naaru is up or if you just cast sanctify? Do you just fill with flash heal? I was healing some higher mythic pluses last couple nights and did heroic EN and felt a little inadequate in those moments.

For MW monks you just press vivify or essence font and boom, group/raid gets better.
    For M+, the key for me is to always try to keep your holy words on cooldown. So cast some extra FH even if there isn't much damage happening so you always have serenity ready. Sanctify+PoH does work but usually a Serenity + a few FH with trail is enough to stabilize the group

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    Hey guys, I recently switched to holy priest from mw monk. I have a gameplay question. I love holy priest and it offers a lot. I love the spell interplay. However, one place where I feel holy priest is lacking compared to other healers is what do you do in 5 mans and even more so in raids when theres a lot of raid wide damage if hymn and sanctify are on cd? Do you fill with PoH or do you only cast PoH if invoke the naaru is up or if you just cast sanctify? Do you just fill with flash heal? I was healing some higher mythic pluses last couple nights and did heroic EN and felt a little inadequate in those moments.

For MW monks you just press vivify or essence font and boom, group/raid gets better.
    You don't ever cast PoH in raids anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    You don't ever cast PoH in raids anymore.
    You know, people come to this forum looking for advice to perform better and when you lay down ultimatums like that you just end up promoting bad play.

PoH is more situational in 7.1.5 than it was in 7.0/1, but it can still be valuable. It requires the entire raid to be injured to get the most value. Things like Guarm's charge or breaths still lend themselves nicely to PoH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lcs View Post
    You know, people come to this forum looking for advice to perform better and when you lay down ultimatums like that you just end up promoting bad play.

PoH is more situational in 7.1.5 than it was in 7.0/1, but it can still be valuable. It requires the entire raid to be injured to get the most value. Things like Guarm's charge or breaths still lend themselves nicely to PoH.
    But in reality even those situations are not worth it. Tried it out on mythic Guarm last night and it's enough that 1 guy has Prydaz or 1 guy gets a holy shock from the paladin and the cast was a waste of mana. You're better off just always using FH unless the entire raid is below 30%, which happens seldom unless you're about to wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    For M+, the key for me is to always try to keep your holy words on cooldown. So cast some extra FH even if there isn't much damage happening so you always have serenity ready. Sanctify+PoH does work but usually a Serenity + a few FH with trail is enough to stabilize the group
    Pretty much this. I sometimes top the group with PoH to bring Sanctify off CD faster too. It helps that PoH is a beast in 5 man. Also LoT into Serenity is a huge heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Word Sanctify is only hitting 5 targets, please report.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinny View Post
    Holy Word Sanctify is only hitting 5 targets, please report.
    Confirmed.

Make sure you use the in-game bug report to submit it. That's all they really read.

Deleted
    Wait seriously? The bastion of throughput Holy Priests needed a stealth nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by danrar View Post
    Wait seriously? The bastion of throughput Holy Priests needed a stealth nerf?
    I hope it's a bug... but if not, I'm wondering if that's why they changed PoH to a dumb heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are aware and a hotfix is on the way - https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...80661761454081

7+ Year Old Account
    Ive been using the standard 1-1-2/3-1-1-1-1 build as holy. But yesterday, i tagged along on my guilds run of NH, and ive found that picking Piety instead of SoL for fights like Aluriel and Tichondrius, where constant damage happens to several targets, was fucking amazing. It meant that after every 2 PoMs, i had a Sanctify. Upped my healing done fantastically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Praytell View Post
    Ive been using the standard 1-1-2/3-1-1-1-1 build as holy. But yesterday, i tagged along on my guilds run of NH, and ive found that picking Piety instead of SoL for fights like Aluriel and Tichondrius, where constant damage happens to several targets, was fucking amazing. It meant that after every 2 PoMs, i had a Sanctify. Upped my healing done fantastically.
    You want Piety for every single fight. Feel free to take a look at my logs on Tichondrius; https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=3

With legendary legs simply by casting PoM on CD throughout the entire fight PoM+Renew heal almost 90million, twice as much as actively spamming FH 130 times. You simply cannot match this amount of healing for so little mana and effort spent.

7+ Year Old Account
    With Mirror and Cake both being buffed, any ideas on where it'll fall in terms of our throughput trinket lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
    With Mirror and Cake both being buffed, any ideas on where it'll fall in terms of our throughput trinket lineup?
    I wish raiders would eat cake. If anyone has had success with the cake, would love to hear

EDIT: sounds like it triggers by proximity. Maybe worth testing tomorrow
    Last edited by cruxxy; 2017-01-24 at 05:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
    They are most likely not any good still, Helya or Etraeus should still drop the best trinkets.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see myself switching to throughput trinkets anytime soon, especially with some weird procs. Unless I luck out on some absurd ilvl 900+ Amalgam or will always have Wisdom, my mana bar is simply too short for the fights. Even on Heroic, some bosses were >10 minutes long and it's entirely possible to run dry near the end.

It's actually gotten worse since patch, seeing how Piety is now a viable option and it competes with Surge of Light. SoL might be rng based, but it was still a decent chunk of mana.

Pay your ret pallies and boomkins.

Currently I am receiving 2 BoW, and 2 Innervates.
    Slight overkill, but it just means I can run more haste and crit.

Has Sanctify been fixed yet? Also, am I wrong for running enlightenment sometimes in NH? Some fights make me want to kill myself with how long they last and I dont have a boomkin to innervate me. Yet my MW is happily cruising along at max mana, makes me wanna strangle someone. The only fights I dont hate myself are whats her face before Guldan cause god casting heals at FL speed is amazing. And Tich. Those other 9min fights suuuuuck.
    I do not fear death. It's just dreaming in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspunreality View Post
    Has Sanctify been fixed yet? Also, am I wrong for running enlightenment sometimes in NH? Some fights make me want to kill myself with how long they last and I dont have a boomkin to innervate me. Yet my MW is happily cruising along at max mana, makes me wanna strangle someone. The only fights I dont hate myself are whats her face before Guldan cause god casting heals at FL speed is amazing. And Tich. Those other 9min fights suuuuuck.
    Yes it is fixed, we just don't matter enough to make it into hotfix notes.

On the other topic, how the hell is a MW outlasting you in mana without innervates? Their mana problems are the only thing keeping them from flying off the charts. Unless he's sitting there pulling like 200k hps.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    They are most likely not any good still, Helya or Etraeus should still drop the best trinkets.
    I put the mirror (895 warforged) on for Tichondrius earlier this evening seeing as I don't need Amalgams.

5.66M from the HoT and 3.22 from detonations, overall 3.30% of my overall healing. For fights where Amalgams is necessary I would still think you're better off with a stat stick.

I wasn't trying to cheese the detonation at all though, so its probably possible to increase the throughput of this by doing so.
    Last edited by lcs; 2017-01-25 at 06:49 AM.