Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Precisely, which is why I tend to only use Renew if I'm moving and can't cast anything else, or if there's little/no healing to be done but large raidwide damage is about to occur. (Iskar chakrams, for example)

Deleted
    Has someone done the maths on how to maximize DPS with Apotheosis? Does it do more damage to just spam Smite and Chastise or is it better to keep up Holy Fire as well?
    I feel like not using Holy Fire does more on average, but I can't really tell since the Smite proc that takes Holy Fire's cooldown away is so inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Has someone done the maths on how to maximize DPS with Apotheosis? Does it do more damage to just spam Smite and Chastise or is it better to keep up Holy Fire as well?
    I feel like not using Holy Fire does more on average, but I can't really tell since the Smite proc that takes Holy Fire's cooldown away is so inconsistent.
    I have not, but I also never thought of using Apotheosis for DPS'ing lol. Unless in the rare situation where you need to beat an enrage or Mythic+ timer or something...

Interesting question, none-the-less.

The ranking of your single target damage:
    1. Holy Fire refresh (150% + 231% * 2 = 612%)
    2. Chastise (500%)
    3. Holy Fire standard (150% + 231% = 381%)
    4. Smite (225%)

So you should always have a priority of Chastise > Holy Fire > Smite, except when Holy Fire is cooled down and about to expire on the target. In that case, your priority should be Holy Fire > Chastise > Smite.

Note: I've ignored the 20% chance to finish the cooldown on Holy Fire because it doesn't end up changing the priorities above. Smite + 20% of the chance at the Holy Fire refresh is still less than Chastise. Holy Fire interfering with the Chastise cooldown isn't a significant effect due to the granularity.
    Last edited by VigilantRose; 2016-08-04 at 10:31 PM.

By the way, is the Artifact Proc seemingly useless? I did a mythic run and it did about 700k healing the whole run (whereas my top heal Flash Heal was 30M). Admittedly, I'm not sure how many times it proc'ed but I felt I was using HW: Serenity often enough to have summoned T'uure a reasonable amount of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    By the way, is the Artifact Proc seemingly useless? I did a mythic run and it did about 700k healing the whole run (whereas my top heal Flash Heal was 30M). Admittedly, I'm not sure how many times it proc'ed but I felt I was using HW: Serenity often enough to have summoned T'uure a reasonable amount of times.
    Our artifact proc might be the worst one across all healers. They should turn it into an on use ability with a medium cooldown that can be used in conjuction with our CDs etc to really affect our healing output. In general I find Rng out of place when it comes to healer mechanics :/

Invoke the Naaru can do a lot of healing if it procs at the right time - remember that it mimics your casts so it's dependent on you as well. The RNG element is trash but you should be casting enough holy words to make it meaningful over the course of an encounter. You can fish for it with Chastise as well.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-08-05 at 11:35 AM.

Not a very good suggestion to fish for T'uure procs with chastise considering it is bugged and costs 66k mana instead of 22k like it's supposed to. Been like that for the entirety of beta so far and still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Not a very good suggestion to fish for T'uure procs with chastise considering it is bugged and costs 66k mana instead of 22k like it's supposed to. Been like that for the entirety of beta so far and still is.
    There are tons of bugs? It'll get fixed? lol?
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-08-05 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    I have not, but I also never thought of using Apotheosis for DPS'ing lol. Unless in the rare situation where you need to beat an enrage or Mythic+ timer or something...

Interesting question, none-the-less.
    I do it all the time in 5 man dungeons. I don't even heal most of the time and just spam Holy Nova for trash mobs or Smite at bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    The ranking of your single target damage:
    1. Holy Fire refresh (150% + 231% * 2 = 612%)
    2. Chastise (500%)
    3. Holy Fire standard (150% + 231% = 381%)
    4. Smite (225%)

So you should always have a priority of Chastise > Holy Fire > Smite, except when Holy Fire is cooled down and about to expire on the target. In that case, your priority should be Holy Fire > Chastise > Smite.

Note: I've ignored the 20% chance to finish the cooldown on Holy Fire because it doesn't end up changing the priorities above. Smite + 20% of the chance at the Holy Fire refresh is still less than Chastise. Holy Fire interfering with the Chastise cooldown isn't a significant effect due to the granularity.
    Thank you. But the thing is that with Apotheosis on I can use Chastise after every 3rd Smite, so if I use Holy Fire instead I sacrifice the increased cooldown reduction I get from Apo once. And since that's only up for 30 seconds I feel like I might be better off just ignoring Holy Fire for the duration since Holy Fire is not guaranteed to refresh, but Chastise will always be off cooldown after 3 Smites.
    I'm not sure I see the effect of Apo in your calculations.

I do it all the time in 5 man dungeons. I don't even heal most of the time and just spam Holy Nova for trash mobs or Smite at bosses.

Thank you. But the thing is that with Apotheosis on I can use Chastise after every 3rd Smite, so if I use Holy Fire instead I sacrifice the increased cooldown reduction I get from Apo once. And since that's only up for 30 seconds I feel like I might be better off just ignoring Holy Fire for the duration since Holy Fire is not guaranteed to refresh, but Chastise will always be off cooldown after 3 Smites.
    I'm not sure I see the effect of Apo in your calculations.
    Based on Smite x3 Chastise spam I got 195.8% spellpower per second with no holy fire and 207.5 adding it in counting the longer rotation. So yeah it's still better to Holy Fire, just don't do it again immediately if you just got a reset after applying your 2nd stack.

Has anyone put together stat rankings or is their a discussion somewhere regarding these for PvE holy priest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
    Has anyone put together stat rankings or is their a discussion somewhere regarding these for PvE holy priest?
    For legion mastery > crit > haste, dont know about versatility right now. Reason being is that mastery does not overheal that much in legion boss fights, thus its really good.
    For pre patch people tend to go crit > haste > mastery because damage in HFC is very spiky. HFC is a joke though, so whatever ^^ but crit and haste is also better for doing dps (no matter what spec) so thats neat for leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Based on Smite x3 Chastise spam I got 195.8% spellpower per second with no holy fire and 207.5 adding it in counting the longer rotation. So yeah it's still better to Holy Fire, just don't do it again immediately if you just got a reset after applying your 2nd stack.
    Thank you. So I guess for bosses that die pretty quick I'll just ignore Holy Fire, but if I decide to dps in raids I'll keep it up.

Deleted
    Guys, I wonder about the artifact weapon trait progression. I think it's quite reasonable to first head out for http://www.wowhead.com/spell=208065/light-of-tuure first, as it's basically no-condition free addition to our toolkit. One might think though that we could get more throughput by going to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=196492/renew-the-faith first through the bonus to Holy Words and Heal/Flash Heal. What's your view on that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum333 View Post
    Guys, I wonder about the artifact weapon trait progression. I think it's quite reasonable to first head out for http://www.wowhead.com/spell=208065/light-of-tuure first, as it's basically no-condition free addition to our toolkit. One might think though that we could get more throughput by going to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=196492/renew-the-faith first through the bonus to Holy Words and Heal/Flash Heal. What's your view on that?
    Renew the faith isnt that great as it sounds, doesnt add alot of healing to it.
    Jak got an artifact path on his guide that might help you: https://www.automaticjak.com/guides/holy
    Not saying its set it stone yet but seems to be pretty strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum333 View Post
    Guys, I wonder about the artifact weapon trait progression.
    As I see it, there are three central traits to the Holy Priest artifact weapon: Reverence, Power of the Naaru and Say Your Prayers. These are the traits you probably want to invest with relics, since they give the greatest return for their specific spells (5% to Heal/Flash Heal, 6% to Prayer of Healing or an exponentially increasing 6.2%+ to Prayer of Mending). Of these, Reverence is far more important for 5-man and Say Your Prayers is really a raid-only tactic.

On the other hand, there are some traits that you're taking only because you want to finish the weapon and get to the gooey center: Trust in the Light and Focus in the Light.

Serenity Now and Light of Tu'ure I look on as gilding the lily. Holy Priests are already exceptionally capable at burst healing single targets. Being able to heal someone for more than their maximum health with instants every 45 sec is nice, but hardly necessary.

Given the above, it seems a 'right hand' route is far more worthwhile. You pick up the talents you need first, first (Reverence before Say Your Prayers). You avoid the take-these-last talents like Trust in the Light and the overkill of Serenity Now and instead just focus on improving the heals you'll usefully cast.

Small nit-pick: Body & Soul's "cool-downs" are lowered by Haste because they are attached to PW:S. Body and Mind's cooldown isn't lowered by Haste.

Body and Mind also triggers Surge of Light because it's a healing spell and it's completely free while Body and Soul isn't since it's tied to shield which costs mana. Having it scale with haste would simply made it the superior movement skill to choose in this tier. Now there's some sort of choice at least between burst movement which feathers provide and sustained movement which body and mind provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Body and Mind also triggers Surge of Light because it's a healing spell and it's completely free while Body and Soul isn't since it's tied to shield which costs mana. Having it scale with haste would simply made it the superior movement skill to choose in this tier. Now there's some sort of choice at least between burst movement which feathers provide and sustained movement which body and mind provides.
    Sure. Just a bit janky going from Shadow to Holy, back to Shadow, then Holy and spamming key for movement speed.

Did I say small nitpick? Maybe I meant tiny. Not much discussion happens here. Good thing I hope!