Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Holy was alright last night, but I could not test anything because we one shoted all bosses and they melted in less than a minute on the majority of the fights.

    However, in comparison, disc was not that bad either.

  2. #42
    Ran a few mythic dungeons last night on my alt holy priest (717 ilvl, no set bonuses). Kept getting prot pala tanks... man those guys need some help right now. Spent most of the dungeon spamming flash heal with the occasional PoM thrown on them. Often wasn't enough. Thankfully PW:Serenity was able to help me catch up on their gradually depleting health.

  3. #43
    Yeah I noticed prot paladins sucked to heal on beta, not sure if I just got bad players. Our main tank is prot paladin and he never has any issues.

  4. #44
    How does the Legendarys Image of Naruu work? i understand that casting Holy Word spells has a chance of spawning it. I also understand that it cast spells similar to what i do, but what i dont understand is WHERE it casts it. Does it heal the same target as i do? (Which for me seems realy bad) Or does it heal a random party/raid member that doesnt have 100% HP?

    Going from Warlock to healer as it looks like, and i cant decide which one i want (Holy Pala/Holy Priest or something else)

    /Futei

  5. #45
    The Naaru pet heals are all smart heals, they heal any injured target (anyone below 100%, not most injured) when they cast and not your current target necessarily.

  6. #46
    Thats good to know, else the legendary would have been not as useful. (Thinking it would be alot of overheals)

  7. #47
    Immortal Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    7,676
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Ran a few mythic dungeons last night on my alt holy priest (717 ilvl, no set bonuses). Kept getting prot pala tanks... man those guys need some help right now. Spent most of the dungeon spamming flash heal with the occasional PoM thrown on them. Often wasn't enough. Thankfully PW:Serenity was able to help me catch up on their gradually depleting health.
    This is the reason why i prefer my prot warr over it's paladin counterpart

  8. #48
    Could anyone link simcraft results for current HFC trinkets?

  9. #49
    Any experienced priest with the beta access can tell me if holy priests will be as good or even more competitive than paladins in mythic dungeons +?
    Dungeons its all i care about.

    I just did extensive testing on my holy paladin and even though leveling and killing mobs is 10 TIMES BETTER than smite spam , i feel i am going crazy casting holy shock on cd OCD and other short cd abilities..
    Last edited by EternalBany; 2016-07-21 at 09:48 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Any experienced priest with the beta access can tell me if holy priests will be as good or even more competitive than paladins in mythic dungeons +?
    Dungeons its all i care about.

    I just did extensive testing on my holy paladin and even though leveling and killing mobs is 10 TIMES BETTER than smite spam , i feel i am going crazy casting holy shock on cd OCD and other short cd abilities..
    level as disc. it is by far the strongest solo spec for the class (zero downtime, can fight multiple enemies, in some scenarios faster kill times than shadow without worrying about dying).

    in mythic+ holy is evenly competitive. you wont feel shitbricked by your class. disc loses it's competitiveness at about +7-8 where you really start to struggle. you need to do some shenanigans with 2 tanks to heal with disc anywhere +9. farthest I saw anyone get without super high amounts of gear/ exploiting as disc was +14.

  11. #51
    Healed little yesterday in raid and it felt really lacking, felt out of control and slow. i was just doing same content week ago and it was soo depressive now (healing output was like 40% compared before prepatch, was expecting loss but not so much (60% drop)). Constant feeling that something is missing etc. even mana issues. It's still more than month left, when we can equip artifact weapon (i assume the spec will be complete then, because now it feels broken - it's a lot worse than week ago), does blizzard really expect people to not play and wait for the month.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    Healed little yesterday in raid and it felt really lacking, felt out of control and slow. i was just doing same content week ago and it was soo depressive now (healing output was like 40% compared before prepatch, was expecting loss but not so much (60% drop)). Constant feeling that something is missing etc. even mana issues. It's still more than month left, when we can equip artifact weapon (i assume the spec will be complete then, because now it feels broken - it's a lot worse than week ago), does blizzard really expect people to not play and wait for the month.
    I disagree with a lot of this, yes healing output is lower but you can still put out the numbers, remember that HFC has been nerfed so your numbers will be lower. The class doesn't feel lacking IMO as you have many spells to deal with certain situations. Mana can be an issue if you are not conservative with Heal + PoM. Yes it does need a slight buff to contend with other healers but overall holy is in a good spot.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    Healed little yesterday in raid and it felt really lacking, felt out of control and slow. i was just doing same content week ago and it was soo depressive now (healing output was like 40% compared before prepatch, was expecting loss but not so much (60% drop)). Constant feeling that something is missing etc. even mana issues. It's still more than month left, when we can equip artifact weapon (i assume the spec will be complete then, because now it feels broken - it's a lot worse than week ago), does blizzard really expect people to not play and wait for the month.
    Your always going to have mana issues. that is the whole point of removing spirit, how are you feeling like your missing something when Holy priests probably have the most rounded toolkit available out of all healers?
    And no the artifact will not change the game. Esp not the holy one which is almost entirely +healing% traits.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  14. #54
    I was a holy priest in vanilla, shadow till MoP (skipped that Xpac) halfway WoD I started shaman because of the 90 boost.
    With this Xpac I want to main my priest again and shaman as alt.

    Does someone know how Hpriest stands against Rshaman in raids/dungeons?

    Doesn't have to be the best but good enough to be fun.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdoelloos View Post
    I was a holy priest in vanilla, shadow till MoP (skipped that Xpac) halfway WoD I started shaman because of the 90 boost.
    With this Xpac I want to main my priest again and shaman as alt.

    Does someone know how Hpriest stands against Rshaman in raids/dungeons?

    Doesn't have to be the best but good enough to be fun.
    Resto shamans are the best healing class at the moment in terms of utility and hps mix, so no, holy priests are not better. I am assuming blizzard might slightly nerf Shaman, but it will still be preferred over Holy Priest in a raiding environment. I think the same counts for dung spam

  16. #56
    Immortal Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    7,676
    I still enjoy holy. As a noob at it, it seems that for now there's sort of 2 builds to go to: the Renew one and just the regular build. I specced first with renew talents, but the regular one seems stronger, by regular i mean taking the 10% mana talent and FH proc one, instead of ST heals refreshing Renew/Binding heal.

    Just need to sort of spam heal/FH to reduce the CD on the big one faster. Btw until very recently i thought the AoE Serenity heal or w/e was actually over time like it's previous version, but just noticed that it's a one time heal.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And no the artifact will not change the game. Esp not the holy one which is almost entirely +healing% traits.
    Would be fine with me. In yesterday's mythic raid I had like no problems with mana (although have to admit I took my first mana potion in half a year or something). Just a lack in numbers so far, but less than it was before pre-patch.

    Still like the toolkit and the playstyle, just hoping for "bigger numbers".

    But unlike most others here, I took CoH over Apotheosis and would do so every time again. After all, it was the spell I healed most with.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Healprincess View Post
    Resto shamans are the best healing class at the moment in terms of utility and hps mix, so no, holy priests are not better. I am assuming blizzard might slightly nerf Shaman, but it will still be preferred over Holy Priest in a raiding environment. I think the same counts for dung spam
    Resto shamans and holy priests don't share the same raid spot spot because symbol of hope is almost a must-have when you will be doing progress while being undergeared and the boss won't die in 2 mins or less like it does now during pre-patch, also resto shamans are not even a great dungeon spec for multiple reasons (unable to chain heal/healing rain effectively depending on group comp, healing tide not receiving non-raid boost, no tank cd to name a few).

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    Would be fine with me. In yesterday's mythic raid I had like no problems with mana (although have to admit I took my first mana potion in half a year or something). Just a lack in numbers so far, but less than it was before pre-patch.

    Still like the toolkit and the playstyle, just hoping for "bigger numbers".

    But unlike most others here, I took CoH over Apotheosis and would do so every time again. After all, it was the spell I healed most with.
    I'm very meh about CoH now that Prayer of Healing is no longer limited to a party.

    PoH heals for a bit less but is cheaper and its cast time vs cd but for me it just feels to similar.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Resto shamans and holy priests don't share the same raid spot spot because symbol of hope is almost a must-have when you will be doing progress while being undergeared and the boss won't die in 2 mins or less like it does now during pre-patch, also resto shamans are not even a great dungeon spec for multiple reasons (unable to chain heal/healing rain effectively depending on group comp, healing tide not receiving non-raid boost, no tank cd to name a few).
    Isheria, I never said they do. I am answering the questiong "Which one is better in raiding/dung". Please refer to the comment I am quoting. Or this is how I understand his question. From what I have seen, playing both, this is my opinion. Our symbol of hope is not going to be an utility talent we are picked in for over a shaman's/druid's utility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •