Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah, that's what I figured: Holy Words + PoM are really good at sniping healing, so that's likely why it appears that I'm doing so much more healing, because I can snipe healing much more easily with instant cast huge-heal Holy Words, and PoM functioning the way it does.

Deleted
    My guild is running with 2 Resto Druids and 1 MW Monk, and me. And we have another MW Monk on break. I barely get anything to heal as HoTs seem to eat everything. Sure, PoM is rolling, but there seems to be barely anything for my direct heals to go into. Its the bigger damage phases I have something to do, but the end result is I finish roughly 100-200K behind the rest. Now I am also a fairly new healer, this is my first healer ever that I am playing in raid content.

The problem I am having is understanding if its due to me playing not so well, inexperienced without setbonusses while progressing through new content, or being very limited due to my healing team. Its just heartbreaking seeing green, but sometimes also grey, rankings. My RL, Rdruid, tells me not to worry as long as bosses go down, but I want to be better, contribute more.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...draenor/ikaapi
    Last edited by mmoc0fe2ce964e; 2017-07-01 at 06:38 AM.

Don't use rankings to judge your performance. It's pretty hard to rank highly without overgearing the content, running too few healers, or being fed innervates. Usually all three of those things.

With all the burst damage in ToS, I'm having a hard time believing that "hots seem to eat everything". With Sanctify and Serenity, you can snipe the fuck out of other healers pretty easily. I've outhealed so many resto druids in both normal and heroic, and I don't even have Velen's or any tier pieces.

For the most part, Holy is played by:

1. spam PoM on cooldown
    2. spot heal with Flash Heal
    3. use holy words on cooldown, when needed
    4. PoH when 4+ people are injured
    5. don't hardcast Renew unless you're moving, or there's no other damage going out and you're setting up for a large burst of incoming damage (avatar's aoe, etc)
    6. cry yourself to sleep because you can't channel Divine Hymn while moving

- - - Updated - - -

Just got the legendary boots; are they any good for Holy or should I go back to using neck + helm?

They're definitely nice for Shadow, since you already spend a lot of time standing still for MB+MF. Being able to channel almost a whole Void Torrent while moving...fucking amazing.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-07-01 at 02:10 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the logs in question, they're from the first three heroic bosses, so it's not really surprising. There's not much damage in there, so EoL is most likely overhealing, PoM jumps aren't doing much and there aren't many opportunities for huge Serenity/Sanctify crits. Being stacked for Harjatan means that PoH "accuracy" can be pretty random, whereas smart/ground heals have no such issues.

Early heroic bosses simply don't deal enough damage to let Holy Priest shine, unless other healers are bad or there aren't many of them. Things might change on Mistress - with Sanctify after Hydra shots - while Sisters % can be largely decided by "who fired of a biggest healing cooldown during raidwide absorption shield", which is quite good for Hymn + Velen's

Sea Star looks like it's still a really strong choice, even after the nerfs. The proc chance is really high. Most of the time it would proc on the 2nd or 3rd PoH cast. Never took me more than 5 PoH casts to proc it. Also, the "8 second internal cooldown" starts immediately when you get the buff, not when the buff ends. A few times, I was able to get it to proc again, immediately after the buff ended.

Healing is always between 4-6% on every fight.

Lovely!
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-07-05 at 03:13 AM.

Deleted
    Any of you using Binding heal now?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Constantly. It's very mana efficient, heals for a decent amount - seeing how there are almost always several targets available - and it fuels both Holy Words at the same time. The efficiency is especially important, since it might either let you ditch some mana trinkets, or pass BoW/Innervates (assuming you even have those) to someone else, thus helping multiple healers. Granted, if the fight doesn't have you personally take a lot of damage, you lose hps from self-heal, but that's fairly rare - and if you are, you'll be very safe with constant healing/EoL ticks on yourself.

Sure, it's not a clearly superior option that completely overshadows Piety, but at least there's a choice between the two.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any TC on tier 2 Crucible traits? Obviously most of Shadow ones are absolutely useless, except Master/Avoidance, but what about Holy? I was seeing Refractive Shell be slightly above 1% in my logs, which seemed fine'ish, until I realized it's actually a mini Prydaz on myself. So basically a completely mini absorb that doesn't really matter. Makes me wonder if two +secondary passives and Concordance crit buff won't be the best, after all.

So it seems we're essentially getting Lifecycles as our 2 and 4 piece bonus...lame.

And with it only affecting Heal / Flash Heal, this new usage of Binding Heal might be snuffed out. :/

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And with it only affecting Heal / Flash Heal, this new usage of Binding Heal might be snuffed out. :/
    Binding heal is affected as well:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=251842/...-holy-4p-bonus

But as others already stated: we will come to a similar situation like in hellfire citadel. Keeping the old tier set (in case it stays unnerfed in 7.3), hoping for some titanforging or just don't give a f about the bonus and go straight for iLvl.

Mmhm...it still boggles the mind how, 13 years into the game, we still have clueless devs that put out shitty set bonuses and shitty legendary effects.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least this time, they didn't design the worst trinket in the game specifically for Holy. As bad as these are, they don't have blindingly obvious drawbacks that somehow made it past the drawing board.

Still, I really hope the history doesn't repeat itself. Going from decent to great to horrible set bonuses *again*, after finally having an expansion where Holy is good, if still lacking in utility (outside of cheap repairs/avoiding runbacks)... Combined with needing to grind AP for offspec... I hope not.

Deleted
    Whats the general stat prio for holy? Crit for raids, mastery for dungeons is what i've read but I don't know if I trust it...

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    Whats the general stat prio for holy? Crit for raids, mastery for dungeons is what i've read but I don't know if I trust it...
    Mastery > Crit > Haste for raids. After reaching 40% mastery, try to give more priority to crit; like, try to keep crit near 10% of mastery (example: if you have 40% mastery try to have crit around 30%).
    For M+ dungeons go for haste > crit
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Mastery > Crit > Haste for raids. After reaching 40% mastery, try to give more priority to crit; like, try to keep crit near 10% of mastery (example: if you have 40% mastery try to have crit around 30%).
    For M+ dungeons go for haste > crit
    Thank you so much for your reply
    EDIT: How do you guys calculate your stat weights? I can't get simulationcraft to work with holy specc, it just says the specc isn't supported...so, how do you guys do it?
    Last edited by mmoce06fa6c78a; 2017-11-09 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply
    EDIT: How do you guys calculate your stat weights? I can't get simulationcraft to work with holy specc, it just says the specc isn't supported...so, how do you guys do it?
    go to raidbots.com, click stat weights and done!

just remember to logout in the spec/gear you wanna get the stat weights for!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    go to raidbots.com, click stat weights and done!

just remember to logout in the spec/gear you wanna get the stat weights for!
    Raidbots.com is just SimulationCraft in your Browser. It's still doesn't support any Healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    Raidbots.com is just SimulationCraft in your Browser. It's still doesn't support any Healers.
    Ah yeah.. my bad.. ok, new try:

Mastery to 40-45%, keep Crit about 10% under that (i.e. 30:ish %) then fill up on haste and ignore versa as you get enough on your gear by auto anyway.

Deleted
    if your vers is low you should absolutely gem and enchant it

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, is this the thread where we could ask for help regarding 'fix my hps' stuff? Or should I just create another thread? Really need help, I feel like I'm doing at 60is% of my capabilities for the given gear/legendaries/talents.