Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    So the reason moonkin isn't ideal for mythics/challenge modes in legion is because it has no on demand AoE? No one actually answered his question and i'm also curious about it.
    Correct - particularly as you move from pack to pack you will often run into packs where you don't have enough AP (50-60 depending on talent) to use starfall from the start and no fast builders available (all on cd) - Astral Power seems to decay way too fast out of combat as well, particular compared to other resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelleous View Post
    I'm not liking the new Gaurdian rotation, lots of waiting around and staring at your toolbar now for things to proc or come off CD.
    From what I have experienced so far, Guardians are super easy to heal. Just did some HFC and while healing our bear on my shaman, I felt like it was easy mode to keep him topped off.

I know it's pre-patch and all of that, but I really hope Guardian is strong is Legion. I would love to bear tank again.
    Last edited by Riistov; 2016-07-22 at 05:31 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    From what I have experienced so far, Guardians are super easy to heal. Just did some HFC and while healing our bear on my shaman, I felt like it was easy mode to keep him topped off.

I know it's pre-patch and all of that, but I really hope Guardian is strong is Legion. I would love to bear tank again.
    The only really good thing bears have now that we'll be losing at some point in Legion is the 2pcT18 set bonus (+20% healing received during Iron Fur), but we'll also be picking up all of the artifact traits by some point during the first raid tier. Losing some really good mastery procs (weapon enchant and Anzu's trinket) is going to be sad, too, but I'm sure we'll have new opportunities to obtain new mastery procs at some point in the new content.

I'm feeling sturdy as hell on my modestly-geared (ilvl 720) bear, and despite nerfed mana regeneration and a weaker mastery, I've been having little or no trouble as restoration. To answer the OP's main question, this patch has renewed my love for my druid, and I'm having so much fun that I've barely been sleeping this week.

Not really helpful to worry too much about 7.0. I would focus on what Feral will be like in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Not really helpful to worry too much about 7.0. I would focus on what Feral will be like in Legion.
    Of course, but if something doesn't play well/fun in 7.0, it likely won't with Legion. Mage for example (again, the main I'm switching to) feels... very lackluster, boring, blah. Fire's probably the most fun of the three but it still bores the hell out of me, and I've seen the artifact; it's not really going to add that much more.

I'm just trying to gauge if I like it before I even get all the tools, because I'll likely enjoy it even moreso later on, and so far, Druid's looking pretty good.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    Dodge is almost gone, right. Bears are large armored, high HP tanks now. Maybe the best tank for progression in Legion, or at least one of the best. Rotation is still quite boring, you keep 2 spells on cooldown, maintain moonfire dot and spam swipe the rest of the time.

@ Moonfire. Its just there for DPS unless you spec into Galactic Guardian. With Galactic Guardian Moonfire becomes your best rage generator.
    I agree. A lot of Bear Druids have been used for testing Mythic raids on Alpha/Beta. There's a reason why you keep seeing them as the tanks of the raids. Tons of HP, tons of armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    The only really good thing bears have now that we'll be losing at some point in Legion is the 2pcT18 set bonus (+20% healing received during Iron Fur), but we'll also be picking up all of the artifact traits by some point during the first raid tier. Losing some really good mastery procs (weapon enchant and Anzu's trinket) is going to be sad, too, but I'm sure we'll have new opportunities to obtain new mastery procs at some point in the new content.

I'm feeling sturdy as hell on my modestly-geared (ilvl 720) bear, and despite nerfed mana regeneration and a weaker mastery, I've been having little or no trouble as restoration. To answer the OP's main question, this patch has renewed my love for my druid, and I'm having so much fun that I've barely been sleeping this week.
    Wait till you see some of the new skins from the artifact Your love for the Bear will increase 10 fold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post

Aside from self healing, Bear Druid on Beta is in pretty good shape. Tons of HP, tons of armor(stacking armor buff also), lots of AoE, lots of bleeds. I still might main a Bear Druid for Legion. I still cant decide on a tank yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maelleous View Post
    I'm not liking the new Gaurdian rotation, lots of waiting around and staring at your toolbar now for things to proc or come off CD.
    Huh? What talents are you taking? I find myself GCD locked with the right talents, to the point of I actually have to prioritize what to use since multiple are up and this is on the beta which my guy has a lower ilvl than what I have on live, meaning it'll be even more prioritizing on my live bear.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-07-22 at 07:05 PM.

Balance is in an absolutely shitty play, gameplay wise, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Everything is subjective, of course. I definitely find it more fun, enjoyable, and engaging over any of the Mage specs.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Everything is subjective, of course. I definitely find it more fun, enjoyable, and engaging over any of the Mage specs.
    Yeah, balance is 10x better than the wod version imo. That stupid bar was just so boring. It was the first class i lvled to 110 in the beta, and I had a blast with it, even starting with the crap premade 685 greens. Also really like the drood class hall for what it's worth
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Wait till you see some of the new skins from the artifact Your love for the Bear will increase 10 fold.
    I've had beta access since the first wave of beta keys went out. My favorite skin is the grey stone bear with moss on its shoulders. Can't wait to get it on my "real" druid!

Is it only me who is having problems with pushing dmg as moonkin? I tried to solo 1st boss in ToT, something I was able to do with my eyes closed before prepatch and new talents but now I can't do anything. Dps is low, can't self heal so i die kinda fast. I tried many different approaches but nothing. So is anyone else having problem soloing Pandaria raids?

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Is it only me who is having problems with pushing dmg as moonkin? I tried to solo 1st boss in ToT, something I was able to do with my eyes closed before prepatch and new talents but now I can't do anything. Dps is low, can't self heal so i die kinda fast. I tried many different approaches but nothing. So is anyone else having problem soloing Pandaria raids?
    It's not just Boomkin, my Mage used to tear through ToES pretty easily. Now I can't even come close to defeating the first encounter. (I can barely get Kaolan down)

They've equalized most of WoD gear, especially HFC, so we're a lot weaker than we were, but they never nerfed old content/buffed the level disparity to compensate.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're in the minority if you found SR, Rune of Power, or Inquisition as "amazing" or "complex". Inq has been long-since removed, RoP is now a cooldown (and talent) and much less maintenance-y, and SR is now a talent. No, it didn't add anything to the mix but an annoyance to keep track of. Most people hate maintenance buffs.
    Gave me a button to press, without SR it would be a mindless spam class like Balance has now become.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's literally just mindless spam. Without the Eclipse bar (which wasn't perfect, I know), you just mash wrath until you can cast SS to prevent capping then do a quick 1-2 and mash wrath again.

Moonmoon only changes it by saying "use moonmoon on CD"

I've always wanted to play a Balance, but having two dots (and Stellar Flare if talented) up all time is not fun for me. I dont like spamming dots on aoe and especially when they dont do anything special other than little AP.

They should really make a talent that bakes in both sun and moonfire so we can be given the option.
    I mena would people ge upset if Stellar Flare did this?
    Last edited by Tyze; 2016-07-25 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I've always wanted to play a Balance, but having two dots (and Stellar Flare if talented) up all time is not fun for me. I dont like spamming dots on aoe and especially when they dont do anything special other than little AP.

They should really make a talent that bakes in both sun and moonfire so we can be given the option.
    I mena would people ge upset if Stellar Flare did this?
    Do I read it right that you want one button WIN solution? If you don't like dotting adds in AoE fights then neither Boomkin or Affli Warlock will be your thing. To me its just the design of the class. We are dotting for AoE, then build AP to drop Starfall and repeat. Sure - we might be lacking AoE NUKE like some other classes do, but what you don't like I actually enjoy. Please don't ask for class to be change because you like to press less buttons. This is why we have different classes and different specs so you can play what you like without taking away fun from others.

I don't want to play one/two button class. I want to have a difficult class that will shine when controlled well. Boomkin might be (or not) become this class for me. I decided to main him in Legion and even if he is average, it will stick to it. I love to have 6-8 skills in my rotation rather then 3 like some classes If the class is crap (or i am playing it) then be it. But I will not be asking to be given one button AoE Win skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    Do I read it right that you want one button WIN solution? If you don't like dotting adds in AoE fights then neither Boomkin or Affli Warlock will be your thing. To me its just the design of the class. We are dotting for AoE, then build AP to drop Starfall and repeat. Sure - we might be lacking AoE NUKE like some other classes do, but what you don't like I actually enjoy. Please don't ask for class to be change because you like to press less buttons. This is why we have different classes and different specs so you can play what you like without taking away fun from others.

I don't want to play one/two button class. I want to have a difficult class that will shine when controlled well. Boomkin might be (or not) become this class for me. I decided to main him in Legion and even if he is average, it will stick to it. I love to have 6-8 skills in my rotation rather then 3 like some classes If the class is crap (or i am playing it) then be it. But I will not be asking to be given one button AoE Win skill.

One botton we're talking about, why not give a option to make both sun and moonfire into the same spell?
    It's not like it will be a 2 button class with it. Balance has a fair amount of buttons to press already.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    One botton we're talking about, why not give a option to make both sun and moonfire into the same spell?
    It's not like it will be a 2 button class with it. Balance has a fair amount of buttons to press already.
    I think double dots is just such a big standard with moonkin now that it would take away too much of the spec. Like merging agony and corruption as affliction.
    I'm personally glad i can cast both dots again whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I prefer it to what it was. Actually it now feels alot like the old Marksman hunter - minus the mobility.
    I'm personally glad i can cast both dots again whenever.
    Even three dots if you spec for it. I'd have liked a Blood-DK like ability which would spread your dots to all in-range mobs.

Deleted
    one thing i need to add to be honest is that running current Mythic Dungeons without our Moon/Moon spell is not so easy to compete with other classes within AoE ...
    I went to run few with Monk WW, with lover gear then I was by some 15 ilevels and he could get 100k+ dps on packs where i was reaching 50-70k if they lasted long enough.

Currently problem with our AoE is that in order to be effective we need to DoT everything, then build AP to 60 (or 50 with a talent) to use on Starfall that will ramp up some damage. Lets say we have 5 adds. Starting with MF for all 5 targets then 1 SF as you would hope all adds are with 5 yards of your target. Thats already 6 global cooldowns before you start building AP to get to 60. As you will be using Lunar Strike (for its AoE) those casts are rather slow without empowerment (for my low amount of haste its around 2.2s each), you need around 3 of them to get to 60 and that's another 7 seconds before i hit with Starfall which will then make your dots hit harder. However in many cases after those 16 seconds half of the adds were already dead as Monk WW was pulling 100k+ using his AoE skills.

So currently without big AP generator that we will have with our Artifact our AoE takes way too long to build up. How will that be on with Moon/Moon we will see.
    I will run some more Mythic Dungeons today with AoE talents like Fury of Elune, Shooting Stars, Astral Communion. Not sure about the Soul of the Forest. Even though it should increase our AoE output in the long run, for AoE build i think using Incarnetion: Choosen of Elune might be good for boss pulls so our DPS is good on Adds and for those boss fights we still should punch some good damage.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...or#Uaa!2122110

I think its important when there are two adds left from the pack we should pull as much AP as possible in order to be able to dump Starfall or Furry of Elune asap. If we have AP, then Sunfire -> Fury of Elune and when at 20 AP use Astral Communion. At least I will try that today and see how it goes.

As to single target, as long as I had some AP left from trash pulls, I was doing good.

Deleted
    Feral still has 0 AoE and 0 burst and also new feral has ramp up time because no glyph, so we are back to worse version of wotlk Feral.