Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelleous View Post
    I'm not liking the new Gaurdian rotation, lots of waiting around and staring at your toolbar now for things to proc or come off CD.
    wut? There's basically no waiting around as Guardian. At all times you're spamming the **** out of something; your filler is Swipe.

Still wondering what will be my tank main in Legion.

Something I'm not sure I understand. I often read "That Guardian is super fun now!", yet as often "The basic rotation isn't exactly exciting". What gives? How is it a lot more fun than before? (genuine question)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyno View Post
    Still wondering what will be my tank main in Legion.

Something I'm not sure I understand. I often read "That Guardian is super fun now!", yet as often "The basic rotation isn't exactly exciting".
    Look at mechanics of class not at current numbers. We have 4-5 weeks of number tunning ahead of us. This could mean that now OP Guardian on Beta will be weakest tank on Beta by lunch. Just look at brewmaster from 3 months ago... 3 months ago OP now... gimp as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find feral too fast-paced now. The haste changes and buff to OOC proc chance drove it over the line. I actually played better when it was slower yet more complex because I was able to focus more on the actual fight. Now I just find myself entirely consumed by just spamming buttons as hard as possible. Feral's staple was always the fact it had more downtime than any other spec due to the need to energy pool; as much as 1/4 downtime!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Look at mechanics of class not at current numbers. We have 4-5 weeks of number tunning ahead of us. This could mean that now OP Guardian on Beta will be weakest tank on Beta by lunch. Just look at brewmaster from 3 months ago... 3 months ago OP now... gimp as fuck.
    He's not talking about performance, he's talking about something oft-forgotten these days: how fun it is to play.

I personally find Guardian's rotation incredibly dull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I find feral too fast-paced now. The haste changes and buff to OOC proc chance drove it over the line. I actually played better when it was slower yet more complex because I was able to focus more on the actual fight. Now I just find myself entirely consumed by just spamming buttons as hard as possible. Feral's staple was always the fact it had more downtime than any other spec due to the need to energy pool; as much as 1/4 downtime!

- - - Updated - - -

He's not talking about performance, he's talking about something oft-forgotten these days: how fun it is to play.

Guardian never had interesting rotation but looking at other tanks in Legion nobody has interesting rotation. This is a theme "tanking has to be easy so people will do it". From 5-11 milion of players just about 400 000 are doing PvE end game content above Mid Heroic and it is only about 100 000 world wide that is doing regular clears of Mythic content. So not everybody will know all 4 specs of their druid perfect and have 0 problems swapping specs on encounter basis.

I love that i can swap specs even if i main Feral i can go healing or tanking no problem. But most of people don't wanna do it. I see a theme now on Beta. Druid was stripped of any AOE. Balance AoE is reduced compaed to WoD to nothing. Feral has 0 AoE. And nobody highlights this issue.

Look Paladin has burst AoE on demand every 30 sec, Warrior has Cleave and Aoe in base rotation, DH has cleave and aoe in rotation and form artifact, DK has constant cleave and aoe, Shaman has utility and aoe and cleave in rotation, Hunter has good aoe, lock and priest has good aoe. Feral has same AoE options as Priest in Disco... but he is healing and feral is DPSing... i don't wanna be benched whole Legion because i picked Feral. That is a stupid prospect and blizzard will not address it not even response after i asked on twitter few times. They are just silent about feral.

Look at artifact weapon, every other DPS class has AoE built into artifact we have a 1PPM proc on 25% chance on Trash as our big unlock. Srsly ? DH clicks button and his weapon is doing AoE and the more AoE it does the bigger the explosion will be.

This is just plain Bad. I doubt blizzard is trying to kill Feral but it looks like it seems we will have 0 literally 0 Ferals in top end raiding or even mythic+ dungeons at the very top. This makes me sad.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I was wondering indeed. They might still tweak numbers even after launch anyway, and since I won't be running Mythic raids, I guess all tanks will be viable.

I'm more interested about the fun/engaging/interesting factor of a spec. Given I usually seem to find this (at least partly) within a complex rotation, the overall pruning is worrying me a bit.

I only had two toons in WoD, one of them being Druid, and while I really liked the Resto spec, I had found the bear to be rather dull and boresom.

That's why now that I hear how fun the Guardian seems to be in Legion, I was wondering why compared to WoD.

So to be honest as far as playing a bear, nothing has changed very much from a core rotation standpoint. No lacerate but thrash fills the same spot, no fareie fire but moonfire fills that gap (better to be completely honest), and you still mangle to your hearts content.
    They gained a new AM for magic

But in terms of thematics, lunar bear is better than pussy-dodgey bear any day imo!

They will be one of the stronger progression tanks in legion just because of their mastery/raw physical mitigation

Deleted
    I can imagine the same thought process went through the minds of people at Blizzard at some point;

Designer Dork 1: "Guys, our players are mentally inept. They can't do anything, stand in fire, can't understand rotation that includes more than 3 buttons and they complain about the lack of tanks all the time, queues are long and people are quitting. How do we fix this?"
    Designer Dork 2: "I have an idea, let's remove any difficulty, depth and planning from tanking so even John the 'I started yesterday!' Smith the tank can tank Mythic bosses?"
    Designer Dork 3: "ALREADY ON IT!"

And now we have tanking classes that anyone, and I do mean anyone, can excel at with only by hitting their face on the keyboard. It's sad.

In short, guardian tanking currently makes me cry from boredom.

Druids were once rather dangerous (or useful) in all of their forms regardless of spec.

Right now the "affinity" talent dictates what form will be slightly usable, while the other forms are useless.

Gone are the days when the resto druid could go into bear form for stuns and defensive cooldown, and then switch into a cat to apply bleeds and damage.

Deleted
    I really love how brutal feral feels with all the new animations and sound effects, which, in my opinion adds to the fun of a class!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Balance's AoE was annihilated. Hurricane was completely removed and Starfall is now cast in a specific place instead of around you and can't be cast right away, because it requires that new Lunar resource.
    Yepp, and the awesome feeling that was starfall now gives a very mediocre feeling at best. Such a shame, it was probably the main thing besides mobility that made Balance such an awesome spec... Unfortunatly I feel they have done the same with most specs. UH DKs lost all dot- & pet-management just to give another example. If no spec are fun in Legion idk what to do. :S Maby I'll go outdoors instead or something scary like that...

I've been maining either Resto or Balance since TBC, and I'm conflicted about the changes.

Resto feels more or less unchanged from WoD, to be honest. Of course, there are some changes, but generally it plays very similar to WoD, which also played pretty similar to MoP. It's getting a bit old for me personally, but if you're new to the spec, I'd say it's really fun.

The new Balance playstyle feels off for me, though. I liked the pendulum mechanic present in WoD, as it was both unique and fast-paced (at least with the Euphoria talent). The Astral Power system is functional, but it means the opening burst is pretty much completely gone for Balance (unless you pick up some wonky talents) and I do not like Starfall being a targetet AoE at all.

TLDR: I'd say both Balance and Resto are alright. Resto is the same it's been for the past 3 years, Balance was more fun in WoD imo, but is still alright.