10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post
    Look at priest class representation, not disc spec only. You cant respec as MW without having to level a new 110 character (or paying Blizzard some bux), farming gear, ap, legendaries, etc.

MW never was a top-tier spec in mop/wod.
    In MoP, "top tier" was equal to single spec - disc priest, not MW. Ever. MW went from being OP on specific bosses (Horridon, Garalon for example) and mediocre overall to a bottom-tier (SoO). It didn't suck so hard, you could pull some numbers on bosses like Malkorok, but still, when any other class can do more than you, it's bottom tier.
    And in WoD, MW went in the middle of the pack, and ended in top due to bandaid tierbonus+leech trinket. It's not spec being top-tier, it's bandaid gear.
    In Legion, however, it goes smooth - MW is the most useless healing class in every tier.
    I like how you can say Mistweaver was never a top tier spec in mop, yet guilds ran 2-3 mistweavers in t14, and 1-2 in ToT. The world second Lei Shen Kill had 2 mistweavers LOL. They made one of their holy paladins reroll from paladin to monk specifically for progression.

Btw Mistweaver was only "bad" in mop in the most unpopular raid size being 25 man SoO. In 10 man mistweaver was top tier the entire expansion.

I'm sorry your made up fantasy doesn't line up with reality.

I'm also quite confused, what exactly is the problem with being middle of the pack? I remember specifically in t17, Mistweaver going from the 3rd best healer to the 4th best healer depending on the encounter. Why exactly is this a bad place to be in for a spec? I mean, the spec brought a ton of useful things and did top tier hps. Seems fine to me lol.

Lets also talk about this "band-aid fix meme" because this is the most circlejerked thing in mistweaver communities. Yes, t18 4pc was extremely powerful. It was quite literally a 20-25% hps increase on most bosses. Same with the leech trinket. For non-absorb healers, the trinket was extremely overpowered. I remember the leech trinket being 35% hps increase on progression gorefiend at heroic ilvl. It's not an unfair comment to say Mistweaver got a lot of out the t18 power creep.

However people seem to stop here and claim mistweaver got this and it was required to match the hps of other specs at the time. This is an incredibly uneducated opinion to make on the state of t18 healing. To make this comment, you ignore the fact in that same patch, holy paladin got buffed significantly, and acquired the class trinket which was as powerful as extend life was to Mistweaver. Why did you never see people make comments saying "The holy paladin class trinket was a band-aid fix". Similarly, Resto Druid in t17 was in a worse state than Mistweaver coming to HFC, and also received the leech trinket, class trinket, demonic phylactary, and an extremely powerful t18 4pc. Again, no one makes such comments suggesting Resto Druid got band-aid fixed.

I want to make it extremely clear that I am not discrediting the idea that Mistweaver got a lot of out HFC power wise. I am stating that these continual comments about how Mistweaver was always bad and received band-aids ignores the reality of the game. The truth is if Holy Paladin didn't get buffed and receive the class trinket, they would have been as bad as Holy Priests in HFC. Resto Druids would have completely replaced their tank healing niche, and dominated their hps at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard's behaviour changes too, so it's not correct to project past expansions to legion.
    As of now, WoW has no newcomers. Blizz's resources are limited, many key people left/switched to other projects, so they are trying to keep the majority of players playing with minimum efforts, having Method and Exorsus as mythic encounter testers, making all of these legendary-AP "keeping-players-in-the-game" things, etc.
    They don't care about that mythic raider minority, class balance doesn't matter too. Look at tanks (the least represented role in the game). The difference between Guardian and the others is abysmal, and noone cares, not a single tweak since ToS opening.

As long all casual majority is pleased, they're fine.
    MW's? Mythic raiders? Tank&healer balance? nah.
    I think the problem with Mistweaver isn't the developers being afraid to buff the spec. The problem is entirely the failure of a rework mistweaver got in 7.0. The developers were far too concerned with nerfing Fistweaving and balancing Mistweaver after being extremely overpowered at the start of the Beta they ended up nerf fixing long standing problems with the spec. It was too much work dealing with Fistweaving balance combined with balancing the initial state of mistweaver to fix the spec in time for live.

In future the developers should look at the Disc Priest rework in 7.2.5 for how you handle reworking a spec. Release the spec in a completely overpowered state, and slowly nerf overtime with raid testing in between nerfs to judge the strength of the spec.

MW never was a top-tier spec in mop/wod.
    I don't even know what a top tier spec is then if MW wasn't ever one in MoP.

Deleted
    Does Monk T21 Mistweaver 2P pandemic or does it stack? Example geting 2 procs does it double the healing?

Just when we started progressing mythic I realized how far we are from other healers. I mean, how much effort we must put to even stay close and competitive.
    I was blowing other healers on hc but as soon as we started mythic progression I found it very hard to keep up with hpriest and resto druid, they are literally blowing me out of water.
    I was very defensive toward mw monk because while we had hc on farm and on Goroth and Inq myth I though we are more than balanced as I was easily outperforming other healers or I had a feeling we were equal (at least hps wise). But as soon as we started progressing further I realized how far we actually are.
    Most people on here and discord will eat you alive if you dare to say something critical about mw monk but I reckon these are the people with a limited progress and are up for a rude awakening if/when they progress further. And these people are so loud for some reason, you can't even argue normally with them.
    I'm currently 6/9m and I'm seriously considering to reroll for 7.3, still waiting reports from PTR though.
    We are in terrible state atm and we are not fine, no matter what people say.

Deleted
    MW is more than fine in heroic and below but show serious limitations in mythic raiding so the question is how to improve the spec in mythic raiding without making it OP in easier mode.

The problem that I see is that most of our healing is there without thinking too much about it.
    ReM is just used on CD
    EF is used in case of wide raid dommage
    You cast Vivify or Effuse if you are not afk because health bar is not full
    GoM is simply applied without thinking about it (yes I know EF hots but there is little difference between hots chasing and ... don't care about it)
    Soothing is just ...

What remain is chi burst, SG and RJW which have higher skill requirement the rest is just there because you press some buttons.

Before 7.0 you have a tripple ressources to manage plus important decision making between healing trough dps and pure healing but now where is the complexity that will allow you to outmatch an heroic raider like me at equivalent ilvl?

Maybe thunder focus tea should have an higher impact on our ouput? Don't tell it but I have macro it to Vivify and ReM.
    EF should have a longer CD but heal for much, or remove its hots and increase the direct healing?
    Whispers of Shaohao, Mist of Sheilun and Celestial breath should be revamp/remove to let some room for more controled abilities?

7+ Year Old Account
    a lol thread.
    i love how sups spreads fake news

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Does Monk T21 Mistweaver 2P pandemic or does it stack? Example geting 2 procs does it double the healing?
    It does pandemic

And if you hit a target with EF hot, if he didn't have the 2p hot before, it will automatically pandemic (due to 2 mastery procs)

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    remember those times in mop/wod where mistweaver was equally represented
    No? MW has been underplayed since its inception, simply because people don't want to re-level from 1

It was top-tier a few times but most tiers has been just above Holy Priest
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    Using an example of a MW being brought to a world first kill for 1 fight in an entire expansion is bullshit. That same expansion saw the stacking of other healing specs that were OP or the requirement of another spec in all healing comps.

Saying 1 MW was brought in for 1 or 2 world firsts is a joke when other classes are present for all world firsts and considered absolutely mandatory rather than a luxury like MW.

MW and Hpriest (up until Legion) are perhaps the only 2 healing specs in the game that haven't ever been stacked or considered OP enough to be thought mandatory in a healing comp.

I guess some people will ignore the mountains of examples of MW being generally shit since 6.0 and instead focus on the few examples of MW being middle-tier and thinking they were actually top-tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Using an example of a MW being brought to a world first kill for 1 fight in an entire expansion is bullshit. That same expansion saw the stacking of other healing specs that were OP or the requirement of another spec in all healing comps.

Saying 1 MW was brought in for 1 or 2 world firsts is a joke when other classes are present for all world firsts and considered absolutely mandatory rather than a luxury like MW.

MW and Hpriest (up until Legion) are perhaps the only 2 healing specs in the game that haven't ever been stacked or considered OP enough to be thought mandatory in a healing comp.

I guess some people will ignore the mountains of examples of MW being generally shit since 6.0 and instead focus on the few examples of MW being middle-tier and thinking they were actually top-tier.
    ? t14 was literally 2-3 mistweavers in 25 man, and t15 was 1-2 mistweavers.

>not top tier l m a o

But disc priest was overpowered as well !! ! that means mistweaver was average ! ! ! This logic would be like saying holy paladin in 7.2 was completely fine because druid in 7.2 was completely overpowered. Yes resto druid was objectively better, but holy paladin was still overpowered compared to specs like disc priest and mistweaver monk :thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    No? MW has been underplayed since its inception, simply because people don't want to re-level from 1

It was top-tier a few times but most tiers has been just above Holy Priest
    i don't think you read what i said
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-08-25 at 07:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

>not top tier l m a o

But disc priest was overpowered as well !! ! that means mistweaver was average ! ! ! This logic would be like saying holy paladin in 7.2 was completely fine because druid in 7.2 was completely overpowered. Yes resto druid was objectively better, but holy paladin was still overpowered compared to specs like disc priest and mistweaver monk :thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think you read what i said
    Stop spreading fake news. Geodew actually read what you said. Shut up here and go playing your disc!

- - - Updated - - -

wanna mw got a fix in 7.3.5? meme like this :
    Just another repeat of history.

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend people to read: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-PvE-Guide-5-4

It is pretty fun to read now. You will understand how mw community is.

- - - Updated - - -

good thread. people need read this:

http://imgur.com/a/RKYcy

Healer Specializations. We can see how people swapped from Disc to Holy at the start of Legion. Mistweavers have always been very poorly represented.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-08-25 at 10:06 AM.

Anyone knows whether the new tier set will make MW competitive in Mything progression in 7.3?

Right now Mythic progression is really frustrating for me as I fall behind even when playing well.

10+ Year Old Account

>not top tier l m a o

Next expac you're going to be saying that because Limit brought a MW to #1 US KJ kill this tier that MW were fine in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Next expac you're going to be saying that because Limit brought a MW to #1 US KJ kill this tier that MW were fine in Legion.
    >multiple guilds top end ran mistweavers in tot/t14

>very few (1-2 total) play mw in tos.

one of these things is not like the other

btw if I thought mw was "fine" in legion, why would I play disc priest
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-08-26 at 05:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    >multiple guilds top end ran mistweavers in tot/t14

>very few (1-2 total) play mw in tos.

one of these things is not like the other

btw if I thought mw was "fine" in legion, why would I play disc priest
    Demand and supply is just a wrong theory. The problem of market is its non-transparency problem. You privatized your means of production, so we will never know why you play disc not pal/shaman/druid/holy. For example, you said mw was fine during the legion beta but you don't play it now.
    Sorry dude. You speak shit again.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-08-26 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Sorry dude. You speak shit again.
    Irony crits you for 5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Anyone knows whether the new tier set will make MW competitive in Mything progression in 7.3?

Right now Mythic progression is really frustrating for me as I fall behind even when playing well.
    It won't.
    10 chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    Irony crits you for 5 million.
    Touch of Karma! You die dude

It won't.
    10 chars
    well that sucks. I was hoping that in the end at least we could be competitive in Mythic progression

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    well that sucks. I was hoping that in the end at least we could be competitive in Mythic progression
    The 2pce was decent when it scaled with mastery but now it's just a flat sp% hot added to gusts and overwrites itself lol.

The 4pce is trash.