7+ Year Old Account
    Support Myta!

- - - Updated - - -

NERF MW PLZ BLIZZ!!!! NERF IT TO 0 HPS!!! EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY!

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    It feels counter-intuitive because you're only spamming BoK when there is nothing to heal and thus no need for mana but when people are eating damage you cant BoK.

Even in situations where those times are cyclical and you can BoK when no damage is going out for more mana when it is going out it's still a talent that only returns mana for some fraction of the fight whereas Mist Wrap and Lifecycles are useful always.
    Huh?

In reality, you would be pooling your mana for the periods where there is heavy damage. So you BoK during periods of no healing or little healing required, to get your mana back up for when there will be periods of heavy healing. The mana is not going to drain away unless you use abilities that uses that mana. So it does not matter that you do not need your mana during those light periods. In fact, it's good, because it allows you to regain some mana for when you will need to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    It's extremely unlikely they change anything fundamental about specs in 8.0. Mostly because the way in which most healing specs is fine.

The healing i'm predicting for a mini rework is actually holy priest. Mostly because the spec doesn't really make sense

- - - Updated - - -

hey man if i didn't say anything relevant, why did blizzard choose to agree with me when I provided feedback about obviously overpowered things :thinking:

i also find it sorta ironic that you said I haven't done anything relevant on mistweaver, when you, yourself haven't done anything relevant on your mistweaver for a while.

what happened to you myta, you've become so jaded and toxic in your old age. is something wrong?
    The feedback about mastery you gave? It wasn't the fact that you gave feedback, it was the fact that many posters on the beta forums exactly predicted what would happen to Mistweaver where we would essentially become Essence Font bots without strong enough support from the rest of our toolkit. Also in hindsight the mastery values would have made Mistweaver actually viable when we at the time were competing against Resto Druids and HPals at the time. In the healer paradigm, Mistweaver was exactly on par with other healers except for Holy Priest (which has later been buffed).

And as I explained to you before, in a meta where every class needs to do something cool, something a little OP so long as every other class has parity, than it is balanced. So your feedback took a class that was in parity, exactly as "OP" as every other healer was, and bring them below parity, ruin the playstyle and flow of the spec etc. Then you spent the whole beta telling MWs who said we couldn't even compete anyways as due to Essence Font costing a shit ton of mana and it was our only heal that was worth a damn that MW was 'fine' on the mana front.

You have a serious problem understanding why Mistweavers just want to feel good playing their class, and you seem you would be absolutely fine with a healer that mashed one button as long as it put up 'good' numbers, but numbers aren't everything. Your feedback was essentially worthless from an actual feedback on the class perspective, you and Geo focused entirely on the math angle, pushed your version of events entirely on MW threads in Beta and in this thread/

I actually liked Mistweaver very early Legion, and then EF became the paradigm and I was forced out, turns out the class was designed around using Effuse/Vivify to fill out it's healing kit, which healed for nothing without a strong Mastery supporting it, so MW became god awful. I also predicted this would occur, a year ago. Explained how we needed Mastery to be stronger a year ago, needed mana costs reduced a year ago, etc. We all told you this a year ago and everything we predicted came to pass, while you went on about your progression. You're living proof a person can play their class well without knowing a god damn thing about theorycrafting.

Also you seem to follow my Mistweaver more than I do, this is almost creepy how much you obsess over what I'm doing in WoW. I raid in the only Mythic Japanese guild on my server. I played Windwalker because I had to, and then I played different classes when Windwalker started to become worse, sometimes you can't choose what you play when you're limited by a tiny demographic of available players.
    Last edited by Myta; 2017-10-21 at 08:34 AM.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    The feedback about mastery you gave? It wasn't the fact that you gave feedback, it was the fact that many posters on the beta forums exactly predicted what would happen to Mistweaver where we would essentially become Essence Font bots without strong enough support from the rest of our toolkit. Also in hindsight the mastery values would have made Mistweaver actually viable when we at the time were competing against Resto Druids and HPals at the time. In the healer paradigm, Mistweaver was exactly on par with other healers except for Holy Priest (which has later been buffed).
    I'm actually so fucking confused because I made multiple posts saying the opposite. I could find posts of myself on this forum during the beta saying the opposite.

this is literally projection of "well suplift is someone I dislike so i'm going to make up a story" holy fuck lMAO

Just so you're aware. I never made posts on official forums talking about mistweaver much at all. I used to complain the spec sucked because I thought the spec sucked!?!?!?!?

beyond that I posted about fistweaving because that's the only thing I cared about.

And as I explained to you before, in a meta where every class needs to do something cool, something a little OP so long as every other class has parity, than it is balanced. So your feedback took a class that was in parity, exactly as "OP" as every other healer was, and bring them below parity, ruin the playstyle and flow of the spec etc. Then you spent the whole beta telling MWs who said we couldn't even compete anyways as due to Essence Font costing a shit ton of mana and it was our only heal that was worth a damn that MW was 'fine' on the mana front.
    yea you're literally strawmaning holy moly

did I cause 9/11 too myta?

You have a serious problem understanding why Mistweavers just want to feel good playing their class, and you seem you would be absolutely fine with a healer that mashed one button as long as it put up 'good' numbers, but numbers aren't everything. Your feedback was essentially worthless from an actual feedback on the class perspective, you and Geo focused entirely on the math angle, pushed your version of events entirely on MW threads in Beta and in this thread/
    ???????????????????? what the fuck?????????? where did I ever say this please link a single post?????????????????????
    I actually liked Mistweaver very early Legion, and then EF became the paradigm and I was forced out, turns out the class was designed around using Effuse/Vivify to fill out it's healing kit, which healed for nothing without a strong Mastery supporting it, so MW became god awful. I also predicted this would occur, a year ago. Explained how we needed Mastery to be stronger a year ago, needed mana costs reduced a year ago, etc. We all told you this a year ago and everything we predicted came to pass, while you went on about your progression. You're living proof a person can play their class well without knowing a god damn thing about theorycrafting.
    s t r a w m a n

Also you seem to follow my Mistweaver more than I do, this is almost creepy how much you obsess over what I'm doing in WoW. I raid in the only Mythic Japanese guild on my server. I played Windwalker because I had to, and then I played different classes when Windwalker started to become worse, sometimes you can't choose what you play when you're limited by a tiny demographic of available players.
    I typed your name into the armory because you said i didn't do anything relevant lmao.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-10-21 at 01:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post

Bump for supporting myta. However, it was me who said gust of mists would be garbage first.

I typed your name into the armory because you said i didn't do anything relevant lmao.
    I was speaking about how you are are constantly wrong about your predictions, and when you get told you're wrong you resort to MUH PROGRESSION.

Last time we had an argument it was over how I suggested we needed Gust restored to beta levels, needed mana costs reduced, needed Revival buffed to 6.3 levels.

We're in a spot where our heals cost too much mana, don't heal for enough, half our toolkit isn't worth casting anyways due to this, there is barely a scenario in mythic content where Life Cocoon does anything, and Revival isn't even considered a raid cooldown (It was barely a raid cooldown in WoD, let's face it, it was never, ever as strong as HTT/Tranq/Devo and now HPal have even stronger raid CDs, arguably the best ones in the entire goddamn game while being the best healers already).

Look at my sig Sups, we were complaining about LC and Revival over a year ago, at this time I reiterated how Revival was terrible already and nerfing it further as Blizz did in 7.0 would turn an already awful raid CD into just a button you press on cooldown that heals a tick of raid HP. Gone are the days where MW can save a tank or a raid, because both our big CDs are awful, and Chi-Ji while cool, isn't a raid CD in the slightest.

You have a long history in this thread or WoW forums of trying to mull over people with platitudes or calling MWs bads if they rightfully point out huge problems in the class. If I was to point out every time you shouted down a MW for correctly identifying the problems with the class and you lording your guild over them, we would be here for days Sups, literal days.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Support Myta!
    I have no intention of being a mod and don't even want to do it. I just want to talk about MW stuff.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was speaking about how you are are constantly wrong about your predictions, and when you get told you're wrong you resort to MUH PROGRESSION.

Last time we had an argument it was over how I suggested we needed Gust restored to beta levels, needed mana costs reduced, needed Revival buffed to 6.3 levels.

We're in a spot where our heals cost too much mana, don't heal for enough, half our toolkit isn't worth casting anyways due to this, there is barely a scenario in mythic content where Life Cocoon does anything, and Revival isn't even considered a raid cooldown (It was barely a raid cooldown in WoD, let's face it, it was never, ever as strong as HTT/Tranq/Devo and now HPal have even stronger raid CDs, arguably the best ones in the entire goddamn game while being the best healers already).

Look at my sig Sups, we were complaining about LC and Revival over a year ago, at this time I reiterated how Revival was terrible already and nerfing it further as Blizz did in 7.0 would turn an already awful raid CD into just a button you press on cooldown that heals a tick of raid HP. Gone are the days where MW can save a tank or a raid, because both our big CDs are awful, and Chi-Ji while cool, isn't a raid CD in the slightest.

You have a long history in this thread or WoW forums of trying to mull over people with platitudes or calling MWs bads if they rightfully point out huge problems in the class. If I was to point out every time you shouted down a MW for correctly identifying the problems with the class and you lording your guild over them, we would be here for days Sups, literal days.

I have no intention of being a mod and don't even want to do it. I just want to talk about MW stuff.
    Hey. But the only way to make Sups shut up is to ban him permanently. I'm willing to do so. HOPE U DO SO
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-10-21 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    I have no intention of being a mod and don't even want to do it.
    that's some iconic stuff right there

10+ Year Old Account
    i spent the entire beta complaining about how shit the spec is, was I wrong in that prediction?

why do you think i'm playing a disc priest if I like mistweaver and thought it was so great? I played Mistweaver through all the highs and lows, why would I suddenly change that opinion because of changes?

Yea last time we also talked about who would win the 2020 games as well.

Why don't you just link old threads instead of making up bullshit. I could potentially blindside you by mentioning that you were stupid about revival being nerfed coming into wod, because you don't understand how output capping works. It's just pointless because you can't defend yourself.

Yea this is honestly a big meme to me. This right here shows me how people don't think through what they ask for (which is what people call me out for). You realize the reason why revival doesn't hit hard, and save people's lives right now because 30% of its output is taxed by a 6 second hot? Something that you asked for because "the overhealing part of revival makes it worse than tranq".

Wow who could have predicted that adding a hot to revival was a bad idea . It's almost like the entire reason why revival was so good was due to the fact it instantly topped your raid ))).

i'm here for literal days trying to read past your bad habit of writing paragraphs of bullshit trying to sound smart, hiding the fact you've never done anything relevant on wow, and try to act like your limited view on the game is relevant.

sorry toxic.

i'm here for literal days trying to read past your bad habit of writing paragraphs of bullshit trying to sound smart, hiding the fact you've never done anything relevant on wow, and try to act like your limited view on the game is relevant.

sorry toxic.
    It's amusing how I said that you never said anything relevant which you misread, and immediately started going on about your progression, then in your next post to me you tell me I've never done anything relevant.

Why have I been debunking your paper thin arguments instead of doing what you want and linking achievements as if those are apparently arguments now?

You're obsessed with having this dick-measuring contest with me, you presumably want me to link every end boss I've ever done since the dawn of WoW so you can see how 'right' I am. That's not how this works, saying things that are correct wins arguments. You in beta forums, stalking Mistweavers less progressed than you and going "Oh you didn't kill X boss in MoP I can't trust your opinions on Mistweaver" even though what several of those posters said was completely and absolutely 100% accurate, you shat on them and anti-social behavior like that ruins communities.

Sorry, but I'll reiterate again, you've never said anything relevant. You act like progression in a guild is a replacement for being correct, or having a likable personality. If you stopped being an ass to people on these forums Sup, people would actually like you. This constant preening self-aggrandizement and shitting on people's progression in lieu of actual arguments doesn't (which you did, again in this very post to me).

I think mistweaver is very fun, I did a H tomb today and enjoyed it a lot. I cant wait to play my mistweaver again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkal View Post
    I think mistweaver is very fun, I did a H tomb today and enjoyed it a lot. I cant wait to play my mistweaver again.
    I like you

fwiw bis legendaries next patch likely doorway to nowhere + velen's future sight

Deleted
    Hm, so we are wearing the new Pantheon Trinket/New Legendary Trinket and Velen's?
    Last edited by mmoc2126afc116; 2017-10-24 at 03:10 PM. Reason: miss

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    doorway to nowhere

Deleted
    Doorway to nowhere is bis only during thanksgiving

What's up with Doorway and why would it, suddenly, be BiS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    What's up with Doorway and why would it, suddenly, be BiS?
    there's a crit/vers neck available which will replace prydaz because prydaz is essentially wasted stats (haste/mastery useless, mastery more so with new 4pc). you will then have to choose between boots, chest, cloak - you'll always use velens future sight.

boots? they are bad, you wont be using much vivify with new tier.
    chest? it's a stat stick only, the equip effect sucks.
    cloak? cloak has bad stats but cloak is minimal item power, so it matters less so, additionally the effect produces a lot of hps

as for which trinkets u wear, i think if you have a 950+ sea star you will keep that, the eonar trinket is pretty bad and amanthul's - like arcanocrystal - isn't great for us, the leech/intellect proc though might make up for it. personally i like the the idea of sea star + velens.

Deleted
    For raids, I would expect to be wearing Eonar's, just for the raid buff. So the healer trinket setup will pretty much be Eonar+Velen, no matter what healer you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    For raids, I would expect to be wearing Eonar's, just for the raid buff. So the healer trinket setup will pretty much be Eonar+Velen, no matter what healer you play.
    no, because amanthul's acts as a wildcard for all pantheon procs, and for 5/6 healer specs both the raw stats + intellect proc is stronger than the eonar pantheon proc.