Deleted
    Rjw is good when you need a constant healing 5-6 players in range whi chi-ji is awesome when you know periods of healing is needed or you need to save mana. Chi-ji casts free vivifys with ~ half the power.

So I just got the Unison Spaulders. I have been wondering, does the soothing mist works with the statue or only if I cast it? It seems pretty weak overall to be honest, beucause I rarely cast the soothing mist, I always interrupt it with something else, because the heal is just not enough, especially in heroic raids.
    Last edited by Revolutia; 2016-09-25 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutia View Post
    So I just got the Unison Spaulders. I have been wondering, does the soothing mist works with the statue or only if I cast it? It seems pretty weak overall to be honest, beucause I rarely cast the soothing mist, I always interrupt it with something else, because the heal is just not enough, especially in heroic raids.
    I always found it quite odd that soothing mist use to be quite important and now I'm just canceling it for literally anything else. Would be nice if it stacked some sort of healing +buff to make tank healing a bit easier. Stack up the buff on a target in low damage and use it when they take a spike of damage. Or to be able to continue casting it while fistweaving.

But for now anyone have advice for tank healing in mythic +? it's quite the challenge. Atm i just renewing mist, envelop then I pretty much am forced to spam vivify even if the tank is the only one taking damage because effuse is just not good enough. I try to use the double mastery from essence font but more so when the entire grp is taking damage other wise I use quite a bit of mana.

Mana is only generally an issue if the grp is failing but it's a bit frustrating to be trying so hard to heal the tank, then a dps stands in the fel chain of Vault of wardens so I'm popping all cd's. I guess it just feels odd to not be able to make up for peoples mistakes as easily any more but I'm conditioned to feel like I've somehow failed.

Deleted
    I just got Ei'thas Lunar Glides of Eramas (boots), am I right in thinking that these literally increase the duration by 2 seconds everytime I use RSK the mob auto attacks.

This seems very underwhelming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    I always found it quite odd that soothing mist use to be quite important and now I'm just canceling it for literally anything else. Would be nice if it stacked some sort of healing +buff to make tank healing a bit easier. Stack up the buff on a target in low damage and use it when they take a spike of damage. Or to be able to continue casting it while fistweaving.

But for now anyone have advice for tank healing in mythic +? it's quite the challenge. Atm i just renewing mist, envelop then I pretty much am forced to spam vivify even if the tank is the only one taking damage because effuse is just not good enough. I try to use the double mastery from essence font but more so when the entire grp is taking damage other wise I use quite a bit of mana.

Mana is only generally an issue if the grp is failing but it's a bit frustrating to be trying so hard to heal the tank, then a dps stands in the fel chain of Vault of wardens so I'm popping all cd's. I guess it just feels odd to not be able to make up for peoples mistakes as easily any more but I'm conditioned to feel like I've somehow failed.
    Tank healing in the higher mythic+ can be challenging at times for us, but we have the tools to be able to cope (kind of lol). I'm lucky that I run mythic+ with our main raiding tanks who are a DH (great self healing) and a prot warrior (great absorbs) and we're very used to communicating with each other over the years.
    As you've pointed out, effuse is very weak, however when used with thunder focus tea it can be a life saver. I know gift of sheilun is absolutely terrible, but there have been times that I've been thankful that I've got 12 stacks up. Make frequent use of Life Cocoon. I now often use it on the tank even when it is not absolutely needed just to make healing on them very easy. just so I can concentrate on group healing without worrying about the tank. I'm also trying to build a mastery heavy set for mythic+ as increasing GoM will certainly help out here. Zen Pulse can also be pretty useful if you're going into a mythic+ that contains a lot of big groups of trash, especially this week with the teeming affix, its also on a relatively short cooldown, however, on a single target fight, its absolutely useless.

I would really like to see Life Cocoon change too. The main problem is not the absorb amount, but the fact that the duration of the healing boost is tied directly to Life Cocoon being on the target. Sometimes, you can put Life Cocoon up and it disappears in a second, which kind of leaves you feeling a little robbed as you can't take advantage of the healing boost. It would be great if the 50% hot boost stayed on the target for say 6-8 seconds after casting, regardless of whether the absorb sphere was still on or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    idk what people think for preliminary BiS but this is what i came up with (the choices are pretty thin...)*

Life: Shaladrassil's Blossom
    Frost: Cube of Malice
    Storm: Uplifting Emerald

Helm: Mask of Multitudinous Eyes
    Neck: Blackened Portalstone Necklace
    Shoulders: Otherworldy Leather Shoulders
    Cloak: Evergeen Vinewrap Drape
    Chest: Tunic of the Grove Keeper
    Wrists: Dragonspur Wristguards
    Hands: Dreamsculptor's Gloves
    Waist: Lifeless Buckled Girdle
    Legs: Splotched Bloodfur Leggings
    Feet: Boots of Endless Betrayal
    Ring 1: Grubby Silver Ring
    Ring 2: Twice-Wraped Azsharan Signet
    Trinket 1: Cocoon
    Trinket 2: Heightened Senses

*includes no M+ loot because fuck 5 man content imo
    Well, that was Monkioh's list, you disagree only on trinkets it seems, kind of logical since there isn't much choices on the gear itself.

Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by wtfisamonk View Post
    I just got Ei'thas Lunar Glides of Eramas (boots), am I right in thinking that these literally increase the duration by 2 seconds everytime I use RSK the mob auto attacks.

This seems very underwhelming.
    Yeah they changed that..

Monks cant have nice things. Blizzard hates us. Meanwhile druids have bracers which extend all hots by 10 seconds.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-25 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    So, i've got my hands on a PvP trinket, that actually seems to be reeeeeally great. Flat int and 'on use' versa buff. 20 sec duration 1 min CD. In comparison to other trinkets, isn't this almost a BiS trinket, if it upgrades high enough?

Also, a lot states that mastery is great for mythic+, but i kinda disagree on this. Yes from a healing only perspective it is great, but if you wanna do good in mythic+ you have to deal damage when stuns are out and damage is low. In those periods of time, mastery does nothing. So i would probably reconsider how much mastery i will be stacking. (i havn't been above mythic 7+ yet tho, might not have any free time to dps at that point and then again mastery becomes great, who knows).

Also, what is the highest dps rotation? RSK, TP TP TP, BoK or something like RSK, BoK, TP TP, BoK?

Deleted
    Essence Font is pure love. It heals for so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Essence Font is pure love. It heals for so much.
    I told our balance druid to innervate me during Ursoc after the enrage. 10 happy seconds of pure spam.

I got a heroic warforged Horn of Cenarius tonight, maybe I'm not doing it with but it's 1.35% of my healing on Xavius.

I could have used it 50% more, so it will net around 2.5% of your healing at max.

Edit: Guess I need to research better next time, this on-use is targettable, I thought it was a smart heal or always from my own position.. so mouseover macro and we'll see tomorrow.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-09-27 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Yeah they changed that..

Monks cant have nice things. Blizzard hates us. Meanwhile druids have bracers which extend all hots by 10 seconds.
    well it got changed because 100% uptime of enm is overpowered

Deleted
    Secondary stats seem to have surpassed primary stats cos of the weapon giving 10k+ primary stats.

Any advice for AoE healing as a monk in Mythic+ dungeons?

I just did a +2 Neltharion lair and really struggled on those packs with the dudes that keep throwing discs at random players. I try to put Evenloping Mists on 3 targets and then spam Vivify/Font but it's barely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post

I just did a +2 Neltharion lair and really struggled on those packs with the dudes that keep throwing discs at random players. I try to put Evenloping Mists on 3 targets and then spam Vivify/Font but it's barely enough.
    Spam Vivify... that's all I can say. If really huge problem, spam EF then Vivify.

And bring a lot of mana food, drink while tank is pulling.

Also, TFT+Enveloping Mist on low targets.

Depends the tank you have, but some really don't need much healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I was in the worst mythic run (keystone +2) ever, in Vaults. Wiped twice on first boss because people died from chains. Considered leaving the run around 25 times. Told my guild "If I dont get a legendary from this, I swear to god".. Aaaand 40 minutes after timer runs out, last boss dies - and voilá, legendary shoulders.

Of course I get one with a boring equip effect, but it'll be interesting to see how it works out in mythic + at least.
    Hi

Deleted
    well the legendary boots should do a bit more than add 2 secs per kick, that is just lame.

I got the revive legendary, better than nothing but not too useful in dungeons, might be useful in raids i dont know, dont have the timings down, i try to use one revive as soon as possible.

getting 10 seconds enveloping mists on the tank instead of 6 second. by using a free of charge gcd isnt super bad imo, but also not the best

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post

I finished a +6 NL run 2 nights ago and got 3 chests. Those packs will absolutely wreck you if you don't chain cc them. Between the tank, a dh dps, a rogue, and my leg sweep and paralysis, we kept them a little under control. It helps to be in mumble/discord/skype together to coordinate cc together. Same thing with the scorpions at the end. Lots of vivify and env mists on the targets plus cc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoulders did roughly 0.4% of my healing last night. Barely did more healing than healthstone did. Then again, during 'downtime' I don't use Soothing Mist, but DPS instead, so it's not exactly weird that it blows.

Wouldn't mind if the bonus made soothing mist a smart heal and being able to channel while DPSing.

Looking at the bonus on resto druid legendaries makes me cry.
    Hi