Page 8 of 163 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Unrelated question - how is mistweaver levelling, is it viable or should stick to WW and save artifact power?
    Both are very viable. If you are a raider and your guild will be rushing into EN immediately and speed leveling is desired, then level as WW. If not, then MW is fine. Cleave damage is immensely better as WW. Can easily handle 3-4 mobs at a time with use of spear hand and leg sweep. When one goes down, step on healing sphere, profit. Just save up AP. Switch roles and put AP into Sheilun. The increase in dps isn't that great by putting AP into WW artifact. Id rather get a jump (albeit a small one) on Sheilun then put AP into WW artifact while leveling. Ive leveled 2 monks on beta and leveling as WW is faster and less annoying.

Also, at about 108, I would change loot specialization to MW to start getting MW relics.

Deleted
    When you get quest reward for relics always check what the other 2 speccs get for relics. Might get a type you dont have.

I didnt see it discussed earlier (sorry if i missed it) but Method put a video last week on what they think about healers in Legion. According to them, MW is second to last after Disc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwa0...s_digest-vrecs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    I didnt see it discussed earlier (sorry if i missed it) but Method put a video last week on what they think about healers in Legion. According to them, MW is second to last after Disc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwa0...s_digest-vrecs
    The video also said holy priest was the best 5 man healer before GS nerfs, and that shamans are worse than paladins/druids. It's a bad video and shouldn't be linked around as gospel.

Why do people keep asking about stat weights when there is a whole thread & spreadsheet dedicated to that :P

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-Weights-7-0
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=0&vpid=A1

Since I don't think anyone has calculated the value of haste breakpoints, any talk about the breakpoints is probably just guessing, but I'd wager only Mana Tea and EF Mastery procs are the only significant ones, unless I'm forgetting something. So get those if you're close to them. Otherwise, Haste is kind of awful.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Why do people keep asking about stat weights when there is a whole thread & spreadsheet dedicated to that :P

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-Weights-7-0
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=0&vpid=A1

Since I don't think anyone has calculated the value of haste breakpoints, any talk about the breakpoints is probably just guessing, but I'd wager only Mana Tea and EF Mastery procs are the only significant ones, unless I'm forgetting something. So get those if you're close to them. Otherwise, Haste is kind of awful.
    Yeah, I honestly don't know how to use those spreadsheet (all I can do is read, but not change anything in it) and honestly, I only understand half of what is standing there. But I think I could use it if there would be a chance for me to change with my current stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Huolan View Post
    Yeah, I honestly don't know how to use those spreadsheet (all I can do is read, but not change anything in it) and honestly, I only understand half of what is standing there. But I think I could use it if there would be a chance for me to change with my current stats.
    You don't need to understand all the guts to see the numbers on the first page, though, right? Any feedback of what's confusing you might actually be helpful, if you want to move this conversation to the other thread. Main/About/Talents/TFT/EF should be human-readable. Truths/Value/Estimations/Intermediates are "guts" pages for anyone motivated enough to confirm the validity of my formulas.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Anyone running lifecycles for mythic + dungeons? Some boss fights my mana is running low. Hate to give up Env buff but EnM and Vivify tend to be my 2 top heals, usually by a decent margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    Anyone running lifecycles for mythic + dungeons? Some boss fights my mana is running low. Hate to give up Env buff but EnM and Vivify tend to be my 2 top heals, usually by a decent margin.
    No you need the healing amp from enveloping mist to heal through tank damage in mythic +.

Just drink between pulls

Deleted
    Pretty much every mistweaver videos think we dont have melee immunities anymore..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Pretty much every mistweaver videos think we dont have melee immunities anymore..
    I am not sure who you are watching but they are wrong. We can be targeted by all spells that can target a melee but won't be targeted by spells that target ranged players.

Both mistweavers and holy pallies have protection from abilities that would wipe the melee/ tanks if it hit them, but abilities that cause you to move out of the raid for a short period of time are still fair game. A blanket immunity to mechanics is a thing of the past for mistweavers. That's as much as I know until we start seeing the mechanics from the Legion raids.

Deleted
    I know but they are spreading misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    I know but they are spreading misinformation.
    I've tweeted Garg's blog post. Not much else we can do besides leave a YT comment on every video or something, or contact the author if you know them.

One of the advantages of reading this thread n shit is that you're better informed than the masses. :P Oh well.

Deleted
    After lot of raid testing tonight on beta I really like all the golden Traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    most of them are just passive hps increases, I don't see why you would like them o-o

I guess they have neat animations

Deleted
    Breath is controlled with tea and blessing makes revival more fun to press :P

Deleted
    About that mechanic immunity, after one week of testing on diffrent difficulties in HFC I can tell that in terms of immunity not much really changed:

• Iron Reaver barrage don't target me even once
    • same situation with Iskar fire beam
    • Manoroth Felseeker also doesn't show on me but for some reasons it show up on tank position
    • Archimonde's flame orb also don't fixate on me

So this is at least for pre-patch. I didn't have chance to test raiding in Legion but its not that bad. At least if something target monk we got tools to quickly move away when pally for example got only that shitty horse talent Anyway I found new iteration of MW quite fun to play. I tested out disc and holy priest, r shaman and holy pala and still MW need more skill to play properly than other class.

rizso1985
    Breath is controlled with tea and blessing makes revival more fun to press :P
    We can now use macro for "Ryū ga waga teki wo kurau!"

Deleted
    Found enveloping mist to be really good in raids at 110. Just need to identify the damage pattern. Enm heals at ilvl850 for roughly 25% of a nontanks hp.

Deleted
    Been away for a long time.... How are we looking for Legion? Is the complete rework a disaster for those who loved extend life? Or is it actually not that bad and intresting?

Thinking to maybe go and try Holy Priest cause that looks fun aswell, but not sure which class will be strongest on AoE healing.

Hopefully someone can give some short info and I'll just pick 1 and go with it.