Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Shaman's is an aoe heal without a # cap
    up to 6 players

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    up to 6 players
    Oh really, I thought it was everyone inside the bubble. I stand corrected. I guess Resto Shamans have a quasi meh ability too.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to know yet how much better MW will be in 7.2, but every class is getting similar gold traits that buff their artifact ability. I think Blizzard might be mistakenly thinking that Sheilun's is balanced. And as far as I'm aware (Since I haven't had time to test on the PTR), the cleaving effects on Gift are only based on actual healing, which in a raid setting is almost all overheal.

Also in Mythic+ when you need a fat chunky heal sometimes, Sheilun's is way, way too slow. It just feels odd with Druids, Paladins and Shamans having artifact abilities that are an active part of their healing, and Sheilun's is a struggle to even find worth in casting it.

I'm also tired of Blizzard relying on traits and tier sets to fix us because we aren't given the design love of other healing specs.
    no what whispers does is individual random smart heals based on the number of stacks consumed, nothing to do with SG healing itself.

part of the reason haste is so good is due to wanting a consistent SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    no what whispers does is individual random smart heals based on the number of stacks consumed, nothing to do with SG healing itself.

part of the reason haste is so good is due to wanting a consistent SG.
    That's nice. But if it's a good effect, it feels sort of weird now, like if raid damage is heavy than Mistweavers will be casting SG solely for the secondary effects and just accepting that the main effects will be mostly overheal. You're not always in a position where the tank and the raid both need heavy healing as Tanks are naturally more resilient to raidwide damage.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice. But if it's a good effect, it feels sort of weird now, like if raid damage is heavy than Mistweavers will be casting SG solely for the secondary effects and just accepting that the main effects will be mostly overheal. You're not always in a position where the tank and the raid both need heavy healing as Tanks are naturally more resilient to raidwide damage.
    at least you'll have a healthy amount of haste, and can pre-cast the spell

I kinda like the new traits. They give us something I feel we lack: a cheap way to heal whe we don't need to the raid ASAP.
    We will be able to use effuse to build clouds and SG for the AoE efect without using too much mana. We also can pre-cast SG for easy to tell raid wide damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Keylus View Post
    I kinda like the new traits. They give us something I feel we lack: a cheap way to heal whe we don't need to the raid ASAP.
    We will be able to use effuse to build clouds and SG for the AoE efect without using too much mana. We also can pre-cast SG for easy to tell raid wide damage.
    Even moreso with the AoE component of SG, since we will probably run FT in ToS, and that will mean more Rems = more AoE from SG with Rin's chest (which I have/use)

Did they really just give mistweavers a 5% mana regen buff.. but ONLY IN FUCKING PVP?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Did they really just give mistweavers a 5% mana regen buff.. but ONLY IN FUCKING PVP?
    yea, that is dumb.

pvp in wow = arena.
    pve in wow = everything besides arena

conclusion : arena mini-game ruins world of Warcraft.
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-03-25 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Not sure if my eyes are decieving me. Only in pvp.....is that for real

Quote Originally Posted by Magition View Post
    Not sure if my eyes are decieving me. Only in pvp.....is that for real
    I think its obvious that Blizzard does not feel that they can increase MW Mana Regen in PvE because they feel with any additional mana that MW get will go to casting more EFs. Something tells me that unless Blizzard adds a CD to EF or nerfs it in other ways and buffs other spells, the mana management for MWs will keeping being a ridiculous hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's obvious blizzard doesn't think mw is bad in pve, that is why they did not get buffs.

it's that simple

Deleted
    With the new traits it is very difficult to estimate the new weight of the mastery.
    The revamp of the belt and feet legs will increase the value of haste but how much?

I think that dev simply have not enough data from PTR or data are not reliable enough to decide that we should be buffed. If we are still behind with these we will be buffed. Of course that doesn't solve our lack of utility.
    What I fear is that the Effuse/SG filler will not be strong enough in term of HPS to be viable in mythic raiding. More cast time means less raw HPS than vivify even if it is more mana wise. If it's the case the MW will be unplayable at this level as it will still scale badly.

I have a technical question. Does someone know if the partial hots of ReM (at the end of the 23s timer) can proc Uplifting trance. It may be interesting, for those who use Ei'thas to take into account the haste cape values, unless the partial ReM has also a partial chance (of the 4%) to proc Uplifting trance.
    Last edited by mmoc1c5469f119; 2017-03-27 at 08:01 AM.

The partial tick from ReM has the same % chance to proc UT. 4% without t19 4p, 6% with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything the 7.2 changes devalue mastery to lower levels than it is now.

- Revival traits means revival is going to make up a larger portion of your overall healing and is unaffected by mastery.
    - Boots giving UT Viv an extra heal means mastery affects 1/4 of UT Vivifies compared to 1/3 now.
    - SG trait effectively gives effuse a free added 200% sp heal assuming you can use SG well meaning effuse doesn't need as much mastery to make it efficient HPM.

On the other hand a mastery build might be viable with an effuse/SG spot healing style for some fights.

Effuse is 2% mana.
    Vivify is 4.5% mana.

In 7.2 effuse will be:
    - 250% sp heal
    - 200% SG stack
    - 200% Whispers heal

Effectively buffing effuse by 400% sp is pretty big, given that you can use the SG heals for more than overhealing.

From a purely mana standpoint I can see a haste/mastery build becoming potentially very strong. The HPM of Effuse with these changes is similar to 7.2 UT Viv with the boots even with base mastery. As mastery increases the HPM of Effuse increases relative to UT Viv which is pretty insane.

So in other words, Effuse might be useful in Mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So in other words, Effuse might be useful in Mythic+
    Pretty much.

Mastery stacking for raids and using Effuse could be viable though. Any mana saved by pressing Effuse rather than non-UT Viv could be used on EF for raid healing and double mastery procs.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Deleted
    I have calculated, from my own logs, that if I replace all my the mana spent using vivify (15% total healing) by effuse/SG, the mastery would still be behind cc and vers. (cc=2.05, vers=2 and mast=1.85).

The legendary belt is probably the most interesting one from a gameplay point of view. The 30% bonus healing can be tracked in order to snip it with effuse and build stack of SG even more efficiently. You can also empowered chi exp or EF with a precast of enveloping mist which is more better than the RJW talent as it is less limited by the distance. The combination of belt and boot legs with a haste/mastery build is probably fine in raid environment, I wish I have those two

10+ Year Old Account
    Effuse/SG builds are bad because people found it has dumpster tier range, so they are beyond awful.

Basically MW doesn't change at all in 7.2. The spells do slightly more healing, and revival has a shorter cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Effuse/SG builds are bad because people found it has dumpster tier range, so they are beyond awful.

Basically MW doesn't change at all in 7.2. The spells do slightly more healing, and revival has a shorter cd.
    Where do feet fit in tier legs list?

edit: please don't say velens and prydaz, some people dont have those kthx. I have

Eye of Collidus, Sephuz, Unison,Ei'thas,Petrichor
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2017-03-28 at 01:42 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho