The 2piece is much better now than when it was a mastery shield..

That's mostly because the current 2P got its healing doubled twice over the course of the PTR. If the mastery shield had received similar treatment it'd be just as good, its only major flaw was that it didn't work well with the 4P bonus (which ended up being complete trash anyway).

I wish we'd kept the old 2P (with numbers tuning) and been given a different 4P that did something interesting.

Deleted
    come back to this thread after 3 weeks and its still tears

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    come back to this thread after 3 weeks and its still tears
    MW is a shittiest healing spec in game since 2nd public Legion Beta build.
    Why should that change?

There's not much to meaningfully discuss at the moment that wasn't discussed to death either during the last raid or during the buildup to 7.3. I imagine once the Netherlight Crucible arrives there might be some discussion of the choices there, but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect the sentiment to change much in the future.

Die hard MW fans from MoP/WoD will stay mad at Blizzard for killing the spec off for a while to come.

I see how not much has changed, the MW spec could be a burning tire in the corner of the room and Sups would comment how tender the rubber is, while playing a different healer.

It brings a tear to my eye, that no matter how badly Monks are doing Sups can see the silver lining on a swirling abyss of garbage.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm waiting for a MW to show up in at least one M+ Invitational dungeon where it performs as the steaming pile of shit that it is so that the memes can start about how MW is "represented" and therefor "fine".

Just like how 1 MW was in a World 20th KJ kill or some shit which makes all the cucks here say the same for raiding.

Also for anyone still playing MW, settle in and get used to this feeling. MW is once again the worst PvP healer, worst raid healer and worst dungeon healer. The Warcraft universe is finally back to equilibrium.

Deleted
    peachpies qualified so you just might get your wish

10+ Year Old Account
    fwiw i was gonna play mw into grievous, but I didn't have it set up

Anyone if you did mythic maiden? I'm back on my mistweaver and progressing there and I really have a feeling I'm sucking poorly when I see my awesome grey rankings. I am currently waiting to use Velens while I'm on my way to the other side, try to do Revival while Velen is still up, and I realize I'm not having enough UT procs to use on Vivify and it sucks.

Basically so far I try to keep RJW up and spam Essence Font, but I have a feeling i'm stuck in 7.1.5

I'll parse more logs but it's hard to find progression logs, I know I have too much haste and Velen/Doorway isn't the best combo but I don't have Prydaz.

I have a feeling I'll run oom way to fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    fwiw i was gonna play mw into grievous, but I didn't have it set up
    Why would you do that when resto druids exist...
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually thought mw was a good pick for brh grievous. honestly mw's best dungeon.

also experience helps :shrug:

I've been getting all Healers to 110 in prep for 8.0, but honestly I don't see myself rerolling, since I've mained Monk since the start of MoP and my main regret in Legion has been going Windwalker for the good of the guild while always side-eyeing MW.

MW has always been one of the best feeling healers in the entire game, but it's pointless to play when Disc outheals you while doing 1mil dps. One thing the MW community has to cope with going into the next expansion is that how Blizzard looks at other healers is totally different to how they look at Mistweavers, and if we have any chance in hell of being a viable healer next expansion we have to fight for it.

It was a mistake in beta to nerf Mastery, hindsight is 20/20, but if we had the value of mastery we did then, and passives that gave our non-direct heals a partial benefit of Mastery, we would be a strong healer regardless of our lack of utility. But the fact that MW is the worst healer in terms of HPS and Utility has ensured we are relegated to the garbage bin.

Honestly the only thing that will salvage MW among the community playing WoW is for players to see MW as a strong healer and for Blizzard not the nerf it into the fucking ground the second something is mildly strong like Mistwalk.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    i actually thought mw was a good pick for brh grievous. honestly mw's best dungeon.

also experience helps :shrug:
    I don't know, so far grievous has been a complete joke on a druid.. not saying monk is bad, but you are sometimes limited because of the cast times.. but anyways, you know that.. I didn't try higher than old 17 though (because no real point of me) so I wouldn't know at higher difficulties.

Of course experience goes a long way. Like I suck hard as disc in mythic+ but holy is a breeze, sure it's not the same experience for you now.

Deleted
    Hi All,

Rather than create a new thread I thought I'd try my luck here.

I'm pretty much a casual LFR hero that does M+'s with a bunch of friends from work. I currently have the LFR 4 set and was wondering at what point would it be beneficial for me to drop the 4 set bonus and replace them with higher ilvl items.

It seems I cant post links but my armoury is:
    EU/emerald-dream/katal

I currently have a 915 chest & 930 Legs sat in my bags as a potential upgrade.

Any help would be beneficial

It really depends how you use the 2p/4p yourself... how many times do you can Enveloping Mist when empowered and how many times you use that 12 seconds of extra healing and is it worth it to you?

I think for mythic+ it's a bit weak because you don't use Essence Font much.

So I'd probably use the higher level pieces only if they have the right stats on them (haste/mastery for mythic+)

And in a raid setting I'd use the 4 set.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    I see how not much has changed, the MW spec could be a burning tire in the corner of the room and Sups would comment how tender the rubber is, while playing a different healer.

It brings a tear to my eye, that no matter how badly Monks are doing Sups can see the silver lining on a swirling abyss of garbage.
    Yea. That is why games play players, not players play games. Blizzard controls what people actually think. Buff MW = Lose profit. Definitely people will follow blizzard's propaganda and censorship to accept the concept that blizzard cares their game balancing instead of their profit.

they just buffed mw's tier though, :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Buff tier = lose profit

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Is that important? you've already rerolled to disc. :thinking:

Oh wait! You mentioned mw would be good before 7.1.5 or 7.2.5? LOL