Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Last I checked the damage bonus of Face Palm stopped at 3 traits (300% of normal). So extra relics only increase the chance. But I didn't really test it so it can be just tooltip error.
    that is correct, i have 2 face palm relics and i have 50% chance to do 300% of normal damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Face Palm is 30% chance for 300% damage, on beta currently at 110 with 3/3 Face Palm damage is pretty good.

On the PVP realm @ 110 with all traits unlocked, no relics so 750 ilvl weapon vs 112 Training Dummy.

Base Tiger Palm hits for ~22k
    Tiger Palm and BoC hits for ~56k
    Face Palm TP hits for ~66k
    Face Palm and BoC hits for ~169k

Highest Critical Hit I have seen in the brief 20 minutes testing I did was 397k from a single Tiger Palm with BoC + Face Palm proc.

FYI Face Palm seems to proc pretty frequently.
    Ok, but that didn't really have anything to do with if the relic+ traits affect the damage. It is common knowledge that BoC+Face palm stack multiplicatively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itsab11 View Post
    that is correct, i have 2 face palm relics and i have 50% chance to do 300% of normal damage
    Thanks. So it works as it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

So latest hot fixes are up, nothing for the BM monk, be nice if they do something with BM's golden dragons as it stands they are pretty much the last thing you want to take when picking traits.

Good time to ask for fiery aura instead of fiery hickup.

I'd really dig a transcendence brew, where you leave your meditating, DR-bolstered body behind and your spirit walks to another position and can meanwhile pick up ox orbs, and at the end/second use mind/body position switches. I'd happily trade another golden trait for funky shit like that 8)

I was hoping to see something in these hot fixes. I'm a little worried. Besides high mobility, an equally skilled paladin and monk tank, it seems like a paladin is going to take a lot less damage than brewmasters and possibly more self healing (not counting the celestial passive since its a little wonky in requiring a healer yet still makes a difference?)

I just don't want to put a lot of effort into a spec that's going to under perform, this wouldn't matter so much to me if I was going to dps, but as tanking I want to be the best I can without playing a Warrior or Druid (can't stand rage :/ mechanics).

Prot Paladin survival is not great, and worse then Brewmaster IMO. Where Prot Pal excels is dps atm.

And yes, you do have to count Celestial in regards to brewmaster healing. There is a reason it's been nerfed like twice already, brewmaster with stagger = very low over healing and hots combined with celestial is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Prot Paladin survival is not great, and worse then Brewmaster IMO. Where Prot Pal excels is dps atm.

And yes, you do have to count Celestial in regards to brewmaster healing. There is a reason it's been nerfed like twice already, brewmaster with stagger = very low over healing and hots combined with celestial is great.
    Something just feels off. I plan to lvl both to 110 and make my final opinion but it's hard to unless we see a buff. It's hard to judge where. Honestly I don't think it's our base tool kit. I'm prone to say it's our artifact and I haven't even played beta. The traits just feel so weak. I look at some like the blood dk, the prot paladin, and vengeance DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    Something just feels off. I plan to lvl both to 110 and make my final opinion but it's hard to unless we see a buff. It's hard to judge where. Honestly I don't think it's our base tool kit. I'm prone to say it's our artifact and I haven't even played beta. The traits just feel so weak. I look at some like the blood dk, the prot paladin, and vengeance DH.
    BM Monk golden dragons are bad, but the rest of the traits really do add loads to our survivability. I personally hope Blizzard make some adjustments to the golden dragons so they are more appealing, as it stands they are literally the last 3 traits you take on the tree because they are just that bad.

Deleted
    if there is one thing they should buff for brewmasters, it's base armor (and maybe little damage, even though in the damage section we are fine, especially since they nerfed the aoe damage of other tanks). The rest is fine imo

Quote Originally Posted by Itsab11 View Post
    if there is one thing they should buff for brewmasters, it's base armor (and maybe little damage, even though in the damage section we are fine, especially since they nerfed the aoe damage of other tanks). The rest is fine imo
    The last thing brewmaster needs is an armor buff. That would be the most irrelevant buff of all time. Brewmaster already laughs at physical damage up front.

ISB+DM active is quite solid, it's just on a stupid long cooldown for what it does.
    Then Dampen Harm, 30% DR can be huge, but it's on such a long cd.

Just feel like I'll be taking DM for any fight that has even a little bit of magic burst, and HE over DH about always. Since *there will be no more spike damage in legion*, 30% DR on three hits seems just meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    ISB+DM active is quite solid, it's just on a stupid long cooldown for what it does.
    Then Dampen Harm, 30% DR can be huge, but it's on such a long cd.

Just feel like I'll be taking DM for any fight that has even a little bit of magic burst, and HE over DH about always. Since *there will be no more spike damage in legion*, 30% DR on three hits seems just meaningless.
    It's completely worthless, it could actually be a good CD, but it works AFTER stagger, so it's completely fucking useless, if it worked BEFORE stagger it could've been a good choice.

Deleted
    since HE triggers below the same threshold as obstinate determination and a single damage instance will rarely but you from 35%+ to sub 20% every triggered HE will also give you one free OX orb for about another safe 10% max HP, which you could even bank for later(probably not recommended when sitting at 30% hp ).

Overall i think HE will be very strong except if you need the reduce for some armor piercing attack which is only half affected by stagger.

So, I don't have beta, I wanted to know how brewmasters in general are able to deal with the mythic dungeons and the general difficulty of them. I know that people in this thread have said that Brewmaster can reach 11+, but generally how hard would it be to reach 8+ on a brewmaster? I'm looking to play pretty casually, but these dungeons seem like fun to do with some of my friends that are coming back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheep View Post
    So, I don't have beta, I wanted to know how brewmasters in general are able to deal with the mythic dungeons and the general difficulty of them. I know that people in this thread have said that Brewmaster can reach 11+, but generally how hard would it be to reach 8+ on a brewmaster? I'm looking to play pretty casually, but these dungeons seem like fun to do with some of my friends that are coming back.
    it's definitely harder to play than other tanks, but once you know how to play brewmaster it gets the job done. But if you are looking for an easy tank to easily do mythic+, then there are definitely better options out there for you

Has anyone seen anything about the hidden artifact ability yet?

Given the unfinished state of the spec, I doubt it's even in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Has anyone seen anything about the hidden artifact ability yet?

Given the unfinished state of the spec, I doubt it's even in yet.
    What's unfinished about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    What's unfinished about it?
    Special Delivery doesn't work properly.
    Golden traits are unusable.
    Dwarf male/female, night elf male/female, draenei female, pandaren male/female, orc male, undead female, troll male, blood elf male/female are missing animations.
    The physics on the artifact are god-awful, still, after almost a year.
    The class hall is a true nightmare of phasing, bugged items, and broken interactables.
    Their absolute certainty that we wouldn't be keeping up active mitigation 100%, but here we are with minutes left on ISB (with and without SDI).
    Roll and Chi Torpedo are approaching liability status.

There are others, but playing Overwatch atm.

From a mythic raiding backup tank perspective how viable is high tolerance vs blackout combo when looking at it from a "let me simplify this as much as possible for myself without being a hinderance" perspective?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    From a mythic raiding backup tank perspective how viable is high tolerance vs blackout combo when looking at it from a "let me simplify this as much as possible for myself without being a hinderance" perspective?
    All three talent choices are good. You can even run Blackout Combo without really thinking about it and not be a hindrance.