Quote Originally Posted by Itsab11 View Post
    it actually proccs only on garrison dummies (or order hall dummies in legion) but not on dummies in orgrimmar for example. No idea why, but that's how it is
    Figured that would be the case, level'd my monk recently so never bothered with garrison stuff

You need to be in combat with a dummy that attacks you, eg. a tanking one in garrison or ashran hub, in order for certain things to proc. I've noticed it on a few procs from various classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    IS there currently a bug with Special delivery on live? ive speced into it and for the last few mins on the target dummies it just isnt procing.

edit: Yep somethings off, it osnt working out in the real world either, IM on the EU, can anybody test this for me please see if its just me thats broke? Does special delivery come up something other than Keg Smash on Skada?
    It doesn't work on probably 30-50% of mobs.

Anything that is a 'totem', it doesn't work on. Like the guys that channel on Neptulon in Throne of the Tides. It doesn't like to work on bosses that cannot move. Sometimes the hit detection box for the mob is in the air, which is does not hit, like hovering Nefarian.

Special Delivery comes up as Special Delivery in Skada. You will also see the keg flying in the air.

Well latest hot fix notes are up, and lo and behold nothing for monks at all. Either were already perfect (lol) or they have no idea what to do. Doubt there will be another hot fix now before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Black Ox Brew, 30%+ haste, and Blackout Combo, yes.
    Not sure why this is a bad thing. Hell, this is about the only bit of news so far that has made me look forward to Brewmaster in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Not sure why this is a bad thing. Hell, this is about the only bit of news so far that has made me look forward to Brewmaster in Legion.
    It's a bad thing for two reasons:

One, Celestalon said it wouldn't be possible to ever do that and still tank well. Well, that wasn't true at any point in the beta, which kinda leaves us with he has no idea what's going on.

Two, it's just spam. Busy-work. It makes it seem like you're doing something while spamming ISB, but you're just spamming ISB. The "active" part of the mitigation isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    It's a bad thing for two reasons:

One, Celestalon said it wouldn't be possible to ever do that and still tank well. Well, that wasn't true at any point in the beta, which kinda leaves us with he has no idea what's going on.

Two, it's just spam. Busy-work. It makes it seem like you're doing something while spamming ISB, but you're just spamming ISB. The "active" part of the mitigation isn't there.
    This guy gets it. An active motivation that's up 100% of the time isn't active. That's just a maintenance buff. They've done some really cool stuff for BrM. There are lots of things I like, but I'm just not super pleased with the final product as a whole. And that's why I think he'll be my main alt instead of main.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    This guy gets it. An active motivation that's up 100% of the time isn't active. That's just a maintenance buff. They've done some really cool stuff for BrM. There are lots of things I like, but I'm just not super pleased with the final product as a whole. And that's why I think he'll be my main alt instead of main.
    Oh I agree 100% that it's very unfulfilling gameplay to simply manage a passive. But it's not like we currently have anything else to compensate if we didn't have 100% up time. We need it now because they took away pretty much every other survivability tool we had.

I guess it's a cute idea to have active mitigation, but there's no way Brewmasters would be competitive if that were really the case. Nearly every other tank class is already better, and doing it with much more ease.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2016-08-27 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Oh I agree 100% that it's very unfulfilling gameplay to simply manage a passive. But it's not like we currently have anything else to compensate if we didn't have 100% up time. We need it now because they took away pretty much every other survivability tool we had.

I guess it's a cute idea to have active mitigation, but there's no way Brewmasters would be competitive if that were really the case. Nearly every other tank class is already better, and doing it with much more ease.
    Define 'better'.

I wouldn't want to be any other tank class right now.

is there a census about tank trinkets that are usefull for us (dungeon and raid)? tried to brows through them but cant descide.
    and what about our class trinket right now? the effects are %-bases so could they possible work at 110?

so how is the community feeling about special delivery v RJW. seen a few mentions of SD being inflated currently by trinket and tier

SD has higher dps and less apm, but RJW makes it easier to pick up adds.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    is there a census about tank trinkets that are usefull for us (dungeon and raid)? tried to brows through them but cant descide.
    and what about our class trinket right now? the effects are %-bases so could they possible work at 110?
    I really like this one and this one.

The EN raid ones don't really leave much of a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    SD has higher dps and less apm, but RJW makes it easier to pick up adds.
    What makes me really angry about that tier is that RJW should be a basic ability, every other tank has an easy way to pick up adds (Trash, Blood Boil, Immolation Aura, Thunder Clap, and so on). Special delievery is a much better talent since it doesn't mess up with your rotation, does more dps, and leaves you with one more global. But in dungeons I have to pick RJW because Keg Smash and BoF have too long of a cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gdorneles View Post
    What makes me really angry about that tier is that RJW should be a basic ability, every other tank has an easy way to pick up adds (Trash, Blood Boil, Immolation Aura, Thunder Clap, and so on). Special delievery is a much better talent since it doesn't mess up with your rotation, does more dps, and leaves you with one more global. But in dungeons I have to pick RJW because Keg Smash and BoF have too long of a cooldown.
    6.5 sec and 9 sec cooldown isn't that long to be honest (you also have your artifact ability to pick up adds). I actually never struggled to pick up any adds in a dungeon environment if you delay keg smash for 1 second and let the trash pack get together for a second. The only problem you have with picking up adds is in a raid environment, but only compared to other tanks (but guardian with trash struggles there a lot hareder than we do). Against dps you won't have any issues (or not more than any other tank) picking up adds.

The most significant problem i see with SD is that it can miss when you move the mobs (especially in a dungeon environment)

Quote Originally Posted by gdorneles View Post
    Immolation Aura isn't any better at picking up adds then Keg Smash is.(in fact, arguably worse with a longer CD and having to be in range vs the 25 yard range on keg smash) I don't think you even played a DH because the add pickup tool is glaive toss, not immolation aura.

Thunder clap has basically the same cd as Keg Smash.

Blood boil has a longer cd then Keg Smash.

Not sure what you're trying to say, also besides the point that RJW threat is pitiful. You have plenty of tools to pick up adds, 25 yard range keg smash, exploding keg, breath of fire, if absolutely necessary Dave(who actually puts out more threat then RJW and can be aoe taunted off of...)

I can't help but feel like you never played any other tanking class. Of all the ones brewmaster probably has the easiest add pickup duty of them all and RJW has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-08-27 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason in Legion dungeons I didn't feel that much need for RJW compared to WoD dungeons. The packs seem more condensed there.

Also, are corners our best friends? With Obstinate Determination you get healed without delay and possible error of movement in corners or similar positions. Because of no delay there is almost no risk of the orb healing too late to put us above 35% again to get a new orb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Immolation Aura isn't any better at picking up adds then Keg Smash is.(in fact, arguably worse with a longer CD and having to be in range vs the 25 yard range on keg smash) I don't think you even played a DH because the add pickup tool is glaive toss, not immolation aura.

Thunder clap has basically the same cd as Keg Smash.

Blood boil has a longer cd then Keg Smash.

Not sure what you're trying to say, also besides the point that RJW threat is pitiful. You have plenty of tools to pick up adds, 25 yard range keg smash, exploding keg, breath of fire, if absolutely necessary Dave(who actually puts out more threat then RJW and can be aoe taunted off of...)

I can't help but feel like you never played any other tanking class. Of all the ones brewmaster probably has the easiest add pickup duty of them all and RJW has nothing to do with it.
    I think I expressed myself badly, picking the adds up is okay, but when you just used KG+BoF, and someone aggros an add they shoudn't have, or some add spawns and you're distracted and didn't save your keg smash, thing gets messy. You have 6 seconds of no AoE abilities, when you have to taunt one add and just tag each one of them, in that situation, I feel powerless with the brewmaster, but not with the Druid (Swipe has no cooldown and Trash helps) or the DK (two taunts, mass grip, blood boil and death and decay) , that are the other tanks that I play often.
    That said, i'm a beginner in tanking and I might be writing bullshit, if that's the case, please feel free to correct me.

7+ Year Old Account
    i personaly when i realy need to pick up adds i put my dave down and spam my aoe taunt makro

Deleted
    Does the Brewmaster Monk have a hidden artifact ability?