Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post

We have the tools. You opt not to use them.
    That is not my point, my point is that using the tools is a PITA.

Especially coupled with the horrendously botched tabbing problem that still exists or 3 months going now with no evidence of a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by zebrazoomba View Post
    I see thanks. I was just trying to figure out how to handle multiple spears after cotank death. I'm a little under-geared for it though, so I'm guessing that's probably most of the issue.
    Gear doesn't really have much to do with it. Just proper CD management.

If you're dying, use the tank Darkmoon card.

Deleted
    Are there actually haste breakpoints for BrM?

I am currently reaching 36% haste by simply equipping my highest ilvl gear and could still equip

Bloodthirsty 870 instead of Nightbane Urn.
    Ravaged Seedpot 885 isntead of Nightbane Urn.
    Faulty Countymeasure 880 with socket instead of Nightbane Urn.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2017-01-05 at 06:46 PM.

Imo the 3 hit breakpoint is more important than haste, as it reduces the amount of incoming damage and necrotic stacks, too. Less damage = less purifying required.

Made a little WA to help https://wago.io/E1uPu88rM
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Imo the 3 hit breakpoint is more important than haste, as it reduces the amount of incoming damage and necrotic stacks, too. Less damage = less purifying required.

Made a little WA to help https://wago.io/E1uPu88rM
    What do you mean by 3 hit breakpoint? 33.3% Mastery so you are guaranteed to dodge after 3 hits?

I currently have about 21% crit 34% mastery and 36% haste

It's using base dodge, the 4.5% boss modifier and mastery dodge to determine how many guaranteed hits before a 100% dodge against a raid boss occurs.

It shows how much you are over your current BP, how much to the next etc.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

I think I'm using my BrM correctly I just want clarification really, I re rolled from blood dk to be a monk. Anyway, I usually keep up my iron stack and purify when I get to yellow etc. But in terms of fights like guarm or odyn am I staggering the damage before the cast of big abilities? Does double iron stacking count or am I wasting my time? I use blackout combo and the majority of the time I use it on keg smash or the flame breathe is that correct? Thanks for any help.

You will want to time purify on bosses like guarm to right after Flashing Fangs, even if you already were on red stagger a moment before that. Normally keep ISB uptime as high as possible while mostly purifying a few seconds after hitting red stagger (so as to see if it goes back to yellow or not).

BoC rotations as far as I play with it go as follows:

Max survivability BoC priorities without Legendary chest:
    Combo priorities: Keg Smash > Breath of Fire > Tiger Palm
    Rotation: BoC -> [Highest Combo priority ability] -> TP -> *REPEAT*

Max survivability priorities with Legendary chest:
    Combo priorities: Keg Smash > Tiger Palm
    Rotation: BoC -> KS -> BoF -> BoC -> TP -> TP -> *REPEAT*

DPS BoC priorities without Legendary chest:
    Combo priorities: Tiger Palm
    Non-combo priorities: Keg Smash > Breath of Fire > Tiger Palm
    Rotation: BoC -> [Highest combo priority ability] -> [Highest non-combo priority ability] -> *REPEAT*

DPS BoC priorities with Legendary chest:
    Rotation: BoC -> TP -> KS -> BoC -> TP -> BoF -> *REPEAT*

I pretty much use the DPS rotations during farm content and while offtanking.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Thanks a lot it seems I was doing it correctly just nice to hear it and read people's views on how to do stuff thanks!

You will want to time purify on bosses like guarm to right after Flashing Fangs, even if you already were on red stagger a moment before that. Normally keep ISB uptime as high as possible while mostly purifying a few seconds after hitting red stagger (so as to see if it goes back to yellow or not).

BoC rotations as far as I play with it go as follows:

DPS BoC priorities without Legendary chest:
    Non-combo priorities: Keg Smash > Breath of Fire > Tiger Palm
    Rotation: BoC -> [Highest combo priority ability] -> [Highest non-combo priority ability] -> *REPEAT*

I pretty much use the DPS rotations during farm content and while offtanking.
    Isn't waiting for another BoC before casting BoF better for +2 target (or +3, can't remember how much damage BoF does) ?
    Something like this :

BoC > KS > TP > BoC > BoF > TP > Repeat

Much like the survivability one.

BoC Breath of Fire: Cooldown reduced by 6 sec.

You never ever need to combo BoF if you have the legendary chest. BoC does not affect BoF damage.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    With (my) 31% haste BoS has 2.2sec cd. That leaves for me room for 1 other ability between each BoS. I'd argue it's a DPS loss to squeeze in another TP (and incurr another GCD). With the proc'ed Chrono Shard BoS is on 2.0sec cd (some 48% haste) anyway, which happens often enough for me.
    I'd still rather trade all 3 of my legendaries (2 belts included ...) for the chest

Deleted
    got the legendary helmet today which will change into: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=137063/f...al-observation
    is it as good as i believe ? 60% 8sec dmg reduce vs magic + meele hits as long i dont press anything ?

why is it bad to stack crit?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D0%B9/advanced

shouldn't it make me easier for healers to heal me, since monks don't take lots of spike damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    why is it bad to stack crit? shouldn't it make me easier for healers to heal me, since monks don't take lots of spike damage?

Yes because:
    Crit helps only when you are being actively healed, which means it will pretty much make healing you easier and cost less mana.

No because:
    A lot of tank deaths (for Brewmasters) come from healers being too preoccupied to deal with the steady stagger dot damage that's pushing us down. This might be because of high raid damage (not our mistake), too high stagger (our mistake) or the healer being dead (not our mistake). When we arent' being healed, crit offers little benefit to staying alive (except for boosting our orb healing via RNG, which is never a good thing to rely on).

TL;DR; Crit works well when we're receiving healing. Other stats help more to prevent the actual damage from affecting us, which means we survive better when the healing is scarce.
    Last edited by redfella; 2017-01-09 at 12:17 PM.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Crit isn't good because it's RNG, not really for any other particular reason. It's still a good stat as it's pretty good for dps just not good for reliable survival. If we're talking raids then "you have to be healed" is irrelevant as you should always have at least 2 HoTs and beacon on you which means you're constantly taking healing. I guess the above post is relevant in M+ but if you're not constantly receiving healing in a raid your healers are doing something wrong. Part of the benefit of brewmaster is that all those beacon and HoT ticks are less likely to be overhealing and contribute more on you then other tanks.

sorry if this has already been discussed but could "Anvil-Hardened Wristwraps - Each time you dodge or an enemy misses you, the remaining cooldown on your Brews is reduced by 1.0 sec." the new Brm legendary allow us to go with a build along the lines of < light brewing - special delivery - elusive dance >. I'm not too sure but I'd imagine especially in mythic plus we'd dodge a hell of a lot. So my thinking is that you'd take light brewing to be able to have up to 4 brews to avoid over capping, special delivery to abuse the extra brew usage and attempting to chain together the bonus dodge and damage from elusive dance.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2017-01-10 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Crit isn't good because it's RNG, not really for any other particular reason. It's still a good stat as it's pretty good for dps just not good for reliable survival. If we're talking raids then "you have to be healed" is irrelevant as you should always have at least 2 HoTs and beacon on you which means you're constantly taking healing. I guess the above post is relevant in M+ but if you're not constantly receiving healing in a raid your healers are doing something wrong. Part of the benefit of brewmaster is that all those beacon and HoT ticks are less likely to be overhealing and contribute more on you then other tanks.
    Try M Helya and when healers 2 healers are kiting orbs. You can feel that they are preoccupied with not healing your ass. You are not always receiving steady stream of healing even in raids. Especially on progress, and farm isn't that relevant.

And I know that on NH progress healers will die/fuck up/whatnot. I don't want to rely on only crit at that stage.
    Last edited by redfella; 2017-01-10 at 08:17 AM.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

It almost never happens that healers are healing the tank but unable to put out enough HPS to keep up with the damage. And that's where the main effect of crit would come into play.

In the end its either a spike, which is almost impossible for a monk, or healers doing something else that kills tanks. Crit won't do much in either situation.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Any changes to the best talents for DPS with the new build? Is our big Ox friend useful on shorter fights now?