Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've tried giving this spec a fair shot even after hating it in beta. It simply does not compare to other tanks. It's clearly inferior. I can't hardly log on to my monk right now without being aggravated.

I'd like the brews to be separated, for one. Let purify clear 100% of stagger and give it an appropriate cool down timer. ISB should have it's stagger cut in half and give it damage reduction with a longer recharge rate that you can't haste to 100% uptime. Also, stagger should be reduced by 90% when out of combat. It can still exist for "fantasy", but let's cut the bullshit with halfway dying after a fight is over.

There's a hundred other things that need to be changed as well. It's a long list. Even though BM can get the job done, it feels fragile and weak. If I tank on my BM and then hop on my warrior it's like upgrading to a big screen hdtv from a black and white 15" screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    I updated my APL for Brewmaster, and would love to get some feedback if I've understood the rotational priorities correctly (Brew will be my 3rd alt, so I have not had as much time to invest on it as I have on DK and DH).

APL is here: https://github.com/rnyberg/Redfella-....lua#L110-L196

Basicly it works so that the upmost ability is recommended, but if it's not evaluated as available per my conditions, the next ability is evaluated and recommended to user, etc. Only one ability is visible at all times.

i actually have a problem with tiger palm being so high in priority, when we are energy capped, because right now at beta (at around 18-20% haste) there is not a single point in a fight where im even close to energy starved, which basically means that energy won`t be much of an issue at all for us to look out for. So tiger palm should only ever be used as a filler (or with blackout combo if you go for full dps)

10+ Year Old Account
    I sort of like what haste does now for us. We won't "feel" resource starved and waiting like other energy classes used to with low haste since we get GCD capped with almost no haste thanks to BoS/RJW.

Yet haste still does something noticeable. We just end up Tiger Palming more and ignore BoS in its place (and possibly Bo combo) to gain more brews. So haste will give us more resource to play with but we won't feel starved without it.

Doing so will impact damage quite a bit so I guess haste will be the worst damage stat in practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    I updated my APL for Brewmaster, and would love to get some feedback if I've understood the rotational priorities correctly (Brew will be my 3rd alt, so I have not had as much time to invest on it as I have on DK and DH).

APL is here: https://github.com/rnyberg/Redfella-....lua#L110-L196

Basicly it works so that the upmost ability is recommended, but if it's not evaluated as available per my conditions, the next ability is evaluated and recommended to user, etc. Only one ability is visible at all times.
    Just one thing you could try:

If you have blackout combo and KS is about to come off CD but not ready, suggest ChiBurst/JadeWind(Maybe even a Pause) so KS gets the BoC buff

Quote Originally Posted by Itsab11 View Post
    i actually have a problem with tiger palm being so high in priority, when we are energy capped, because right now at beta (at around 18-20% haste) there is not a single point in a fight where im even close to energy starved, which basically means that energy won`t be much of an issue at all for us to look out for. So tiger palm should only ever be used as a filler (or with blackout combo if you go for full dps)
    This is something that I've been asking around here on forums and Discord without anyone saying yes or even no, and it has driven me nuts.

For every other tank spec a clear priority has been established, but we still seem to be a bit confused as a community (well, I am at least).

Basicly cause we swim in energy, I had half a mind to pretty much ignore it altogether.. Gonna simplify the APL tomorrow to drop avoiding energy capping and see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by Teabelly View Post
    Just one thing you could try:

If you have blackout combo and KS is about to come off CD but not ready, suggest ChiBurst/JadeWind(Maybe even a Pause) so KS gets the BoC buff
    I'll definately add finishing touches like this as soon as I can figure out and verify that my basic rotational assumptions are in fact correct. What I have now is really just a hunch.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    like i proved in a previous post, you will not energy cap with 20% haste at perfect play you will not cap energy. So now you have to consider if you want to suggest the rotation for perfect play or the rotation for close to perfect play

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, if you suggest BoF regardless of energy capping a well executed rotation won't energy cap either because it will more or less bounce in the sub 60 Energy range

like i proved in a previous post, you will not energy cap with 20% haste at perfect play you will not cap energy. So now you have to consider if you want to suggest the rotation for perfect play or the rotation for close to perfect play

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, if you suggest BoF regardless of energy capping a well executed rotation won't energy cap either because it will more or less bounce in the sub 60 Energy range
    If you're using RJW, you're definitely going to cap without neglecting something, if you're running very high haste.

Mark of the Claw makes it worse, as well.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-07-29 at 04:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    Is it only me, or is it a bit harder to pick up mobs then before the patch?
    been running some mythic dungeons, and it feels like I have a bigger problem then before the patch with picking up all the mobs in bigger trash packs

RJW seems to do really low threat, is Keg Smash hitting a smaller area now? Had several times where I had to run around blackout striking or tiger palming single mobs that I just refused going on me even tho I Keg smashed, RJW'd and fire breathed into the trash pack.. And thats in situations where only a Keg Smash felt enough before.
    You are not alone here, RJW does not generate as much threat especially if a party member is already attacking a mob. If you use RJW to pick up an add and don't damage it with in 4-5 seconds it seems to loose threat very quickly then drops off. I have seen that dots seem to pull the most threat in trash packs so if you want to pull a pack into another pack ,keg smash first then BoF on the 1st pack then drag them into the next one.

No one plays perfectly, perfect play requires zero movement no outside forces etc. you won't even be able to produce said perfect play against a training dummy.

As to energy capping, I don't consider it an issue, like I mentioned before the only thing energy does is convert terribly into brews (through tp). I would definitely choose to BoF if it's off cd over TP even if my energy caps, why waste BoF damage (it does more damage outside of BoC).

Obviously this isn't an 'ignore your energy' advocacy, you should use all your resources as much as you can, one of those resources however is BoF and BS, and as it stands both of these are better damage wise than TP. The only event you would prefer to TP over BoF is on a single target with BoC.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEcClgvPCD8

Running Blackout Combo here. I don't actually energy cap anymore, I guess the 200ms on beta / fatfingering right after prepatch came were the problems.

I'm pretty happy with the priorities now for the most parts, still need some finetuning ofcourse, and I'd really love to reduce the amount of "flickering" that happens when you're waiting to cast the next ability (that will be possible with not showing certain icon if we are about to recommend something more important in the next 1.5s -- it's just gonna be tricky to program in flawlessly).

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

I find it very hard to hit mobs with Breath Of Fire. I just started levelling but afaik the ability stays the same. For example in Stratholme classic at the end when like 30 zombies come running in a pack, i hit maybe 3-5 with Breath Of Fire.

I didn't see any mention of this anywhere so I'll pose the question to the masses.

Anyone on Live seem to have an issue with Special Delivery proc'ing?

My buddy and I both seem to not be seeing any Kegs flying or damage text when we pop Brews. I'm mainly doing it in dungeons right now trying to gear it up...but I would think it would be more noticeable there than in a raid anyway with all the trash packs.

Maybe we've just been really unlucky, but at 30% chance (does this have "luck protection" on it?) one would think we would have noticed something by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried it in instances yet, only on dummies, and it seemed to work just fine. I can imagine that it's easy to miss the spell effect with lots of other effects going on at the same time. And the damage from Special Delivery is delayed by 3sec (even says so in the tooltip) which again makes it easy to miss if a particular brew you drank procced the talent or not. So I assume it does work, you just haven't noticed. Or maybe it always procced at bad times when the mobs died before it deals any damage (that 3sec delay is really bad IMHO).
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    with RJW you obviously won't have any free globals left and will need to sacrifice something(which is probably RJW most of the time so that makes the talent even worse).

And like I said I do realize that perfect play is not possible but if you need 70% haste to get Energycapped under perfect circumstances then you should be totally fine with only 20% haste (leaving room for error/Movement/Other abilities)
    But like I already said, if you make the rotation go KS>BoF>TP then that is optimal either way. The good player will not energy cap anyways and prefers to cast BoF on CD because delaying TP costs nothing, while the average player will energy cap but then its still better to energy cap than to ignore BoF.

In your rotation helper you could try to separate Brews and Abilities to make it cleaner. And the thing you already suggested, to check for "what will be casted in the next global" and not "what could I cast RIGHT NOW even when the global thingy is still spinning". Should be quite easy to change Kegsmash.CD<=0 to Kegsmash.CD <= LeftGlobalCD

BTW: what happens if your stagger value becomes greater than your current health in your HP weakaura? because that will happen constantly (this is why mine only showed the stagger damage for the next 3s, not total)
    Last edited by mmoce60f8b9331; 2016-07-29 at 04:29 PM.

with RJW you obviously won't have any free globals left and will need to sacrifice something(which is probably RJW most of the time so that makes the talent even worse).

And like I said I do realize that perfect play is not possible but if you need 70% haste to get Energycapped under perfect circumstances then you should be totally fine with only 20% haste (leaving room for error/Movement/Other abilities)
    But like I already said, if you make the rotation go KS>BoF>TP then that is optimal either way. The good player will not energy cap anyways and prefers to cast BoF on CD because delaying TP costs nothing, while the average player will energy cap but then its still better to energy cap than to ignore BoF.

In your rotation helper you could try to separate Brews and Abilities to make it cleaner. And the thing you already suggested, to check for "what will be casted in the next global" and not "what could I cast RIGHT NOW even when the global thingy is still spinning". Should be quite easy to change Kegsmash.CD<=0 to Kegsmash.CD <= LeftGlobalCD

BTW: what happens if your stagger value becomes greater than your current health in your HP weakaura? because that will happen constantly (this is why mine only showed the stagger damage for the next 3s, not total)
    It caps the visual bar at 100% max hp, but percentage value is visible in the left side of the stagger bar and on the Brm HUD as well (shows up after 60%)

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

To note, a lot of RJW's strength is more tied into the fact that you have something that has the ability to assist in consistent add threat rather than being stuck on your BoF and Keg Smash cds. Of course as you get haste you'll use it less, but its an invaluable tool to fill in a gap when you need to pick up a group or assist in picking up a group if you find yourself having a difficult time having Keg Smash or Breath of Fire ready when you need it. Its great for extra damage and filling in empty globals, but I personally find myself taking it more to fill in the need for another on demand aoe button to help with picking up and maintaining threat on mobs.

Also for SD you really have to look for it to notice it. I miss it pretty frequently and if there's a lot of movement involved, chances you are might miss your target(s).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    To note, a lot of RJW's strength is more tied into the fact that you have something that has the ability to assist in consistent add threat rather than being stuck on your BoF and Keg Smash cds. Of course as you get haste you'll use it less, but its an invaluable tool to fill in a gap when you need to pick up a group or assist in picking up a group if you find yourself having a difficult time having Keg Smash or Breath of Fire ready when you need it. Its great for extra damage and filling in empty globals, but I personally find myself taking it more to fill in the need for another on demand aoe button to help with picking up and maintaining threat on mobs.

Also for SD you really have to look for it to notice it. I miss it pretty frequently and if there's a lot of movement involved, chances you are might miss your target(s).
    i can sign this.
    for my playstyle having an reliable constant aoe to pull something is high in value.
    i dont care how much damage SD might do, its just unreliable and random in every aspect + the 3 second delay.

RJW just wins overall in dungeons for my. in raids on mostyl single targets or few adds, SD could beat it, but right now i like to have a constant damaging aura. i feel so much saver having it up

Is there any way to get rid of the Blizzard HP/Energy/Stagger bars that appear under your character? They're really buggy and I want to move a more reliable weakaura into that general location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Is there any way to get rid of the Blizzard HP/Energy/Stagger bars that appear under your character? They're really buggy and I want to move a more reliable weakaura into that general location.
    Names -> Personal Resource Display

If you use ElvUi the option to remove it is in its own options somewhere. Reason #5311312 to ditch the thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard