Page 46 of 145 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumchuck View Post
    Look at how few monk tanks there are compared to the others. Wow.

Note that if you look at the same metric, but heroic bosses, monks become middle of the pack.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&metric=ehrps
    That's absolute minimum though. Every other percentage has monks dead last. Unless I'm misunderstanding min here these are the worst performing players.

How does Warcraftlogs even come up with the tank survivability metric? Whenever I've looked at in WoD I've never agreed with its assessment.

Don’t look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

I used Gift of the Mists last night for the first time in a dungeon because I forgot to change my talents >.< We were doing regular Mythic HoV, which I easily outgear at 849 ilevel, so I guess it was a good place to try it out. It actually wasn't so terrible. I definitely felt squishier and mismanaged my brews - my ISB uptime was pretty lackluster, since I'm so used to having a lot more charges available. But there was also something awesome about getting low and seeing 4 healing orbs pop up and shooting back to full health. I was able to solo the last 15% or so of Odyn after my group all suicided trying to get the achieve (it was late at night, was their excuse), since he couldn't outdamage all the orbs I kept getting. Not sure if I could have done the same with BoB! I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon for harder dungeons but for low levels at good enough gear it was pretty fun.
    Last edited by Dakiri; 2016-09-27 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    That's absolute minimum though. Every other percentage has monks dead last. Unless I'm misunderstanding min here these are the worst performing players.
    At some point after I posted, I realized that it was set to "min" percentile, which seems pretty useless. You are correct that when setting it to any other percentile, monks are always last.

THAT BEING SAID, there are some good posts on the official forums that describe why the KSRI metric will always show Brewmasters as faring poorly. So we shouldn't rely on the Warcraftlogs metric.

So far, I've cleared Emerald Nightmare normal and Nythrenda and Dragons of Nightmare in heroic. We got Ursoc to 9%. The two fights where I was sweating it out were Xavius normal (stagger got to 6 million at some points) and of course Ursoc. On the rest I felt fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    what where you doing to reach 6 million stagger at xavius seems you did something worng with the tank debuffs in p2 and p3 @Grumchuck

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how to hard Xavius NHC hits but if it's anything close to HC, where he often enough hits for more than 3M auto-attacks in P2/P3, you can easily reach that much stagger. It was quite scary tanking him on HC. Both my paladin co-tank and I were always watching our AM charges because we both just couldn't get as much AM out as we felt we needed.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

7+ Year Old Account
    i didnt feel much in danger at hc xavius but maybe it was cause we 3 tanked him

Deleted
    Maybe don't try tanking him with blackened Debuff. My kill max melee hit was 1.2M.

Indeed, people seem to keep swapping based on magic debuff, instead of phys. one.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

7+ Year Old Account
    Re-reading the tooltip of Blackening Soul, we indeed misunderstood the debuff. We thought Blackened was applied to the dispeller instead of the tank being dispelled. However, the debuff doesn't seem to appear on Warcraft Logs so I can't tell if we tank-swapped while still being Blackened. But I wouldn't be surprised if we had. Damage seemed insanely high as if we were severely undergeared and/or did something wrong. I'll tell my co-tank to keep an eye on Blackened the next time my guild does Xavius HC (I'll probably won't be raiding with them as I'll be attending a conference). Thanks for the advice.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

7+ Year Old Account
    we certainly did tank swap and i never did go much over 100% stagger i think

You have a finite number of dispels before the dream simalcrum healers wake up due to corruption. So you have to swap the debuff at about 4 stacks.

In P1, the non-dreaming tank takes 4 stacks, then the dreaming tank taunts Xavius and takes 1 while the first tank runs their aoe out and gets dispelled. Then the non-dreaming tank takes Xavius back and gets another 4 stacks. The dreaming tank also has to tank the corruption horrors, as they do a frontal cone that adds tons of corruption and you need the dream simulacrum to absorb it.

This fight sucks immensely as BrM if you get dreamed because at the end of P1 you will have 3-4 stacks of the shadow debuff plus be eating the horror's frontal cone ability, and it's damage you don't mitigate well.

7+ Year Old Account
    thats one reason we 3 tank that fight @Xequecal

(Brewmaster) Set bonuses for the Battlewrap of the Hurricane’s Eye (Tier 18) have been adjusted:
    2 pieces: Increases the chance for your Gift of the Ox to summon a Healing Sphere by 2% (was 5%).
    4-pieces: Every time you gather a Healing Sphere, the remaining cooldowns of your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew are reduced by 1 second (was 5 seconds).

N-n-n-nerfed

so blizzard wants to completely destroy this class and spec eh?

Hit 854 average ilvl last night after our second xavius heroic kill! I need more haste as new pieces of gear have given me more crit than I really want and my haste is only 24 percent. Tis my current stats: 30 crit, 24 haste, 30 mastery. I haven't had much issue surviving so far and my rankings for tank dps and survivability are decent, but still, gotta get that min max :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    (Brewmaster) Set bonuses for the Battlewrap of the Hurricane’s Eye (Tier 18) have been adjusted:
    2 pieces: Increases the chance for your Gift of the Ox to summon a Healing Sphere by 2% (was 5%).
    4-pieces: Every time you gather a Healing Sphere, the remaining cooldowns of your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew are reduced by 1 second (was 5 seconds).

N-n-n-nerfed
    Why'd they touch an HFC set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Why'd they touch an HFC set bonus?
    Going to guess people where cheesing with it, to heal a bunch and have 100% uptime of isb with little effort

7+ Year Old Account
    In case anybody's interested, a guildie went through the effort to look up dispell and taunt event timestamps to calculate how much uptime Blackened had on the active tank when we beat Xavius HC. His result: 177sec of Blackened while actively tanking Xavius (about 65% of the active tanking time in P2/P3) across both tanks. It's a bit of a wonder we actually managed to beat him. Doesn't matter though, got Curve (which doesn't seem to mean that much in this tier I guess).

At least the rekill will probably be easier now that we know what went wrong and can improve our tactics.