Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Well that is the obvious part, but I need numbers or I will never be able to sleep.
    Well, I tried to get you some data, but the out-of-combat stagger ticks aren't showing up in my combat log or anyone else's that I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Well, I tried to get you some data, but the out-of-combat stagger ticks aren't showing up in my combat log or anyone else's that I can find.
    Yeah, I checked it too, thanks anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    someone got a nice blackout-combo staggerdelay wa ?

Depending on the procrate the brewmaster t20 could be really powerful (especially since brewmaster self sustain is one of their only weakness right now), that said it's really awkward to use if it's on the gcd since we're gcd locked, being out of the gcd seems a bit op but maybe half a gcd would be a good compromise

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    which trinkets should i use from NH which are the bis for survival or are all crap ? my monk is only my alt as sidenote i have atm the first boss tank trinket and a stat stick with agi/mastery
    All are bad

Get the tanking Darkmoon card and a stat stick if you don't have anything else.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I just found that Celestial Fortune also increases any incoming absorbs by 100% of our crit. Basically any absorb we gain is increased by our critical chance %. And this is multiplicative with versatility bonus. For example total amount of Prydaz absorption is:
    Code:
    15% of max HP * (1+vers%/100%) * (1+crit%/100%)
    This works with Priest shields, Prydaz and Legendary trinket. However it does not increases damage of trinket, only absorption amount (like versatility).
    Also this passive works very clunky. After logging or changing spec you need to heal yourself and only then absorption increase starts working.
    Last edited by Aracs; 2017-02-21 at 10:30 AM.

Hi I need some help. I'm 895 equipped with sephuz and purify healing belt legendaries with 4pc t19 and I was having a heck of a time tonight in eye of azshara +15 (tyrannical, necrotic, teeming). I'm not sure if I'm just playing like shit tonight or what but the last boss was absolutely wrecking me. If it's not my play, maybe my stats are wrong? I have 25% haste, crit, and mastery. Should I drop some haste and pick up more mastery or crit? Which one of those two will serve me better in situations like eye? Oh I was running high tolerance...

Edit: just ran a 12 with 34% crit, 14% haste and 31% mastery and it felt a lot better. Granted it was only a 12 vs the 15 and I'm not sure if I'll run into brew problems with harder hitting stuff but it felt good. I can drop crit to 29% and bring haste up to 18% by changing my neck but I'm not sure if it's worth yet, any thoughts?
    Last edited by halfawake; 2017-02-25 at 07:22 AM.

You can let Necrotic run out with good Exploding Kegs... other than that I don't see how you can have problems with that boss. And I go for haste much more than you do. He just does very little tank damage imo.
    I had some (bad) healers having problems with healing up the group though if the dps is weak. His aoe dmg gets higher and higher. Maybe that was the problem? In that case you won't get much heal and then BrM feels just bad most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    You can let Necrotic run out with good Exploding Kegs... other than that I don't see how you can have problems with that boss. And I go for haste much more than you do. He just does very little tank damage imo.
    I had some (bad) healers having problems with healing up the group though if the dps is weak. His aoe dmg gets higher and higher. Maybe that was the problem? In that case you won't get much heal and then BrM feels just bad most of the time.
    Was talking to some people in the brewmaster discord and they go for as little as 13% haste with 4 piece. IDK I'm gonna try this for a while... I felt indestructible in the 12 with 14% haste, 34 crit, 31 mastery but uhhh... I also had 3 kings on me from 3 rets. No one else has tried dropping haste?

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    Was talking to some people in the brewmaster discord and they go for as little as 13% haste with 4 piece. IDK I'm gonna try this for a while... I felt indestructible in the 12 with 14% haste, 34 crit, 31 mastery but uhhh... I also had 3 kings on me from 3 rets. No one else has tried dropping haste?
    Several people have advocated dropping to 13-14% haste (Keysmash on 7s cd) since the secondary stat nerf. It costs you to much other stats to reduce it to 6 seconds.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I have sephuz, and I think it's very good for mythic+. However, since it gives a massive amount of haste, and HT gives a lot of haste, I run a low haste build when I'm using it. With Sephuz's intermittent haste boosts you can build up IB time really well, basically storing it throughout the dungeon.

I run about 12% haste with like 29% mastery and 25-30% crit, 6% vers. I recently got the 4 pc set; if I could further lower my haste I would consider doing so. Actually, I'm already a fewer average ilvl points below where I could be, as I am sacrificing some ilvl by avoiding haste- in particular my ilvl900 ring that has 2000 haste.

Also, I find that the class of my healer in mythic+ is very important to a brewmaster. Druids in particular are amazing, because their HoTs are often powerful enough to counter stagger damage when combined with my Crit/celestial fortune. It's also helpful that druids are just amazing in general for mythic+.

I'd like to expound a bit further on the difference that I've found in tanking mythic+ vs raids. I'm not an expert in mythic+, but I've found a strategy that works pretty well for me. I've gone up to level 17 mythic; I know it's nothing spectacular but I think this strategy could be useful at other levels. Who knows, perhaps high level brewmasters are already doing this, but I haven't seen them talk about it.

In mythic+, it is actually a very good strategy to pace the entire dungeon in regard to your brew charges. Although some dungeons do have considerable downtime, many others are such that you can move between encounters very quickly and be able to consistently generate brews, and accumulate brew time. If you do this, you can build up enough IB time to purify very freely during particularly challenging portions of the dungeon. Big haste buffs such as sephuz basically get "stored up". As you go through the dungeon, you can gauge how well you're doing with storing up IB time, and begin to purify more freely if you find your time is high. I've sometimes had 2mins of IB time at the end of the dungeon, and realized I could have purified more. If you do it ideally, you hit the end of the dungeon just as you hit 0 time on IB.

For this strategy, one thing I've found very helpful is trying to use Black Ox Brew almost as soon as it comes off cooldown. Before using BoB you should try to be as close as possible to 0 charges and 0 sec cooldown, but do this quickly then use BoB. You want BoB to be on CD as much as possible, because when it is on CD, your Kegs and Tigers are reducing your brew cooldowns and your BoB cooldown, and thus your cooldown reduction is even more powerful.

I like to use HT. I find the primary reason to use BoC is more frequent brews due to the increased brew from Combo Keg; however I do not find that having enough brews is an issue with HT. HT gives you more control over your damage since more of it is staggered- staggered damage is damage you have control over. The haste boost from having red stagger certainly helps as well; I find that I can sustain 70-80% red stagger and have passive healing counter most of that damage. You certainly wouldn't be wrong to use BOC though, I'm sure it's perfectly viable. BoC also has more consistent BoF which is helpful- though I don't think super necessary (again- a tradeoff for control vs net damage taken).
    Last edited by tachycardias; 2017-02-27 at 03:43 PM.

i am quite out of touch with the new brewmaster meta
    i heared 14% haste is no the target to go with 4p
    what t100 talents do most people go with? i always played with HT since it pushed me to 33% haste back then, but this changed as well, right?

also i still use Coagulated Nightwell Residue and Vial of Nightmare Fog because this combo where a beast in EN, but this is long ago.

so if someone could give me quick summery about the latest BRM playstyle (talents, stats, trinkets), that would be great
    btw only got prufiy belt and FB boots as legendaries

would you replace a 890, 880, and 900 item for 860 lfr tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeer View Post
    would you replace a 890, 880, and 900 item for 860 lfr tier?
    Can you be more specific? How many items are you replacing? And to get which bonus? If you're dropping one high ilvl to get 4p, probably. But not dropping 4 high item level pieces for 860 ilvl gear.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    what t100 talents do most people go with? i always played with HT since it pushed me to 33% haste back then, but this changed as well, right?

also i still use Coagulated Nightwell Residue and Vial of Nightmare Fog because this combo where a beast in EN, but this is long ago.

so if someone could give me quick summery about the latest BRM playstyle (talents, stats, trinkets), that would be great
    What does Vial of Nightmare Fog proc off of for BrM? I've seen plenty of people use it to know it must proc off of something. Celestial Fortune, GotO, and Healing Elixir?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, yes, a lot has changed. I fell behind as well. All of the discussion is on the Peak of Serenity discord channel now. They have pinned messages with useful info. Really easy to find and sift through the info over there as opposed to here. Extremely active community as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thedr8993 View Post
    What does Vial of Nightmare Fog proc off of for BrM? I've seen plenty of people use it to know it must proc off of something. Celestial Fortune, GotO, and Healing Elixir?
    It procs off from EotT so don't bother about procs

Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    It procs off from EotT so don't bother about procs
    OH shit, really? That's comfy af. Good to know.

Nightmare Fog is actually the best trinket you can have on Star Augur and Krosus because almost all the damage on these fights is magic damage and as such mastery and armor do nothing.

thats good to know and thanks for the peak of serenity mention.

now i just have to find the courage to tank m+ in more than +7 XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Nightmare Fog is actually the best trinket you can have on Star Augur and Krosus because almost all the damage on these fights is magic damage and as such mastery and armor do nothing.
    dont think theres any reason to use nightmare fog over something like BTI/ichor/stat stick personally.