Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    15 ilvl is a lot and I mean A LOT of extra damage, especially if we're talking about DH with dps legendaries.

There is not much you can do besides properly executing your rotation, getting more crit and good dps trinkets. Well, getting shoulders legendary will solve all your problems with threat (if you don't have them already).
    Things you can actually do:
    1) Switching for Blackout Combo
    2) Asking him to not going full ham on dps with everything on burst

The rest is just getting better gear/relics/trinkets/legendaries. DH bursts can be insane, I know it very well as I raided with DH offtank too.
    Yeah no shoulders for me yet unfortunately and only one FP relic. Ho hum. Might just have to ask him to tone it down a little. Am already doing BoC, I've /tried/ Gift/High Tolerance a few times, but I dunno, didn't really feel like it gave me that much more survivability and the lack of BoB just isn't something I'm comfortable with.

I mean I'm fine if he bursts while I'm already tanking, it's if there's a taunt period that I have issues, obviously once you've done a KS and a TP, taunt bonus is already gone and you're back to just doing the rotation. I love everything else about BM, but compared to my Pally I dislike not having that "I need burst NOW" that comes with Shield procs.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Edit:
    Oh, one more thing. You can start the pull with taunt. I'm surprised how many people don't know about taunt increasing threat gain for 400% for 3 seconds of it's duration.
    Yar, I just let him go first tho anyway, makes sense given how much more burst than me he has.

Thanks tho, it's nice to know that it's not /just/ me. Obviously not gonna just lie down and blame all my problems on the ilvl as I know I still have a massive amount of room for improvement and it's just somewhat demoralizing to ask "how I hold threat" :P
    Last edited by elvor0; 2017-10-11 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Yar, I just let him go first tho anyway, makes sense given how much more burst than me he has.
    That's the best thing to do to start fixing the problem, let the tank with larger burst tank first, and make sure he is taunting on the pull, even if there is no danger of you pulling off him. Reason is, the bigger the threat pool and the faster it is established, the safer taunt swaps down the line will be, as there will be a bigger gap before someone hits 110% threat. Once 2 or 3 taunt swaps happen, there should be no danger of overaggro. Also try to ensure there's a KS in your taunt window when you swap, but I think you've got that already.

I do find it odd that you have trouble on taunt swaps, the pull is really the only place where any overaggro issues should occur, unless there are adds, but they generally don't pose any issue damage-wise. My co-tank has long since given up on trying to hold the stalkers on Mistress for example.

You should be fine starting with bosses as well, though, might be your opener. What I do is pot and turn on RJW at 2 seconds, toss Explosive Keg at 1, and then taunt-double keg smash (an empowered TP will fit and work instead without shoulders). That's 3 of your hardest hitting abilities within the threat multiplier window, and god help the threat meter if Keg smash Procs extra hits. Doing this, there isn't a tank in the world who will pull aggro off of you before it's time, unless for some reason they also taunted on the pull. That's really what you should avoid, both tanks taunting has caused the larges issues for me in the past.

On some bosses, like Goroth for example, or Sisters, the first taunt swap happens rather soon into the encounter(sooner than a normal swap would), and in those cases it may be beneficial for you to start, and let him go full ham with his threat after the first swap, as it will be awhile until the next.

If you have threat problems after a swap, try holding on to Exploding Keg for it, and use it in the taunt window. Pindrop has already alluded to it, but it makes a hell of a difference, so I'm going to emphasize again. Getting your taunt multiplier on EK is a ton of threat.

For the timings mentioned above: It can help to activate RJW twice during the pull timer, for example at 7 and 1 if your CD is < 6 sec, because you get some of the duration left added, so you don't need to recast it during the early part of the fight and the timing for EK is a bit fluid, because it depends on your distance from the boss; on Fallen Avatar I can throw it at 2 and not prepull, just due to where I'm standing.
    Monk/Main,Druid/Alt, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    If you have threat problems after a swap, try holding on to Exploding Keg for it, and use it in the taunt window. Pindrop has already alluded to it, but it makes a hell of a difference, so I'm going to emphasize again. Getting your taunt multiplier on EK is a ton of threat.
    Even just a Keg Smash during the Taunt window can do wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Even just a Keg Smash during the Taunt window can do wonders.
    i had a random dps in a m+ this week ask me if they had nerfed skittish again recently. i replied "nope. kegsmash."

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i had a random dps in a m+ this week ask me if they had nerfed skittish again recently. i replied "nope. kegsmash."
    Then we have these gems during skittish weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Then we have these gems during skittish weeks.

Wait...if you're the tank, who's the healer in your group ? xD
    Oh, nevermind...
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2017-10-13 at 12:13 AM.
    If you have to attack a person instead of what they're saying, then you've already lost the argument.

Shoulders work wonders with BrM burst, but only on pull (godly m+ pack-to-pack pull item). You wouldn't hold your KS long enough for them to go back to 2 charges during a fight though. That being said - double KS with additional KS procs (that keg gattling cannon glory that sometimes happens) is probably the sweetest thing that can happen for a BrM.

How do you even play without chest/shoulders. Using helm/ring for maiden and I have like no idea what im doing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    How do you even play without chest/shoulders. Using helm/ring for maiden and I have like no idea what im doing anymore.
    You press buttons as they come off cooldown?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    The same as before? Not like chest changes that much of your rotation and shoulders legendary is just a flat dmg increase 95% of the time.

So...is the new set bonus just completely invalidating the legendary chest or what?

25% chance to reset BoF cooldown on dodge, that's going to provide even more cooldown resets than resetting every time Keg Smash is cast.
    Guide for setting up VuhDo to track shields/absorbs

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

It could be nice in M+ or when running HT, to fill more GCD. If the bonus stays as is, I probably won't use them in raid.
    Monk/Main,Druid/Alt, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

we will literally just spam BoF on 2+ targets... 1 button gameplay ftw i guess....

Corrected an issue causing Feverish Carapace, Recompiled Guardian Module, and Shifting Cosmic Sliver's effects to trigger far less frequently than intended for Brewmaster Monks. http://www.wowhead.com/news=274225/p...iljaeden-nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by rulem View Post
    we will literally just spam BoF on 2+ targets... 1 button gameplay ftw i guess....
    Keg Smash still does way more damage and threat, alongside reducing brew CDs.

2 button gameplay, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    2 button gameplay, much better.
    And having to use brews, 4 buttons.

And rolling, 5 buttons.

And cooldowns, 6-8 buttons

etc.

As much as people like you meme about it, there is no spec ingame that can be effectively played with less than 5 buttons.

When people say gameplay they mean rotation. Tiger Palm, Blackout Strike, RJW. Abilities that will be put by the wayside when you have BoF on no cooldown

RJW would still be worth pressing though.

And wow, they fixed all those trinkets ... now? Yay, I guess?

Edit: With the new 4pc, we can BoF after every dodge, giving us 2 stacks of EB. Smells a little like 100% dodge on single target.
    Last edited by Greif9; 2017-10-18 at 06:22 AM.