Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, it would not. It would delay the problem, which would explode much worse eventually. If you think you can just close the door and hope that the outside problems won't find another way in in the modern globalized world, then you are only kidding yourself.
    You build a Great Wall of Europe and make Africa and the Middle East pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    You build a Great Wall of Europe and make Africa and the Middle East pay for it.
    Trump for EU president!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    No, it would not. It would delay the problem, which would explode much worse eventually. If you think you can just close the door and hope that the outside problems won't find another way in in the modern globalized world, then you are only kidding yourself.
    You talk so self-confidently, as you actually know what you're talking about.... Interesting.

For starters, I'm actually giddy of anticipation to know, how you think to get these migrants to integrate themselves (even by your standards).
    And what you would do with those, who are not as willing, as you want them to.

Because it is easier to let an unwanted guest stand in front on a closed door, than to go through the ordeal to ask him / her to leave.
    (Not only easier, but cheaper also)

Trump for EU president!
    He's ours get your own!

Oh wait you already do:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Woe View Post
    You talk so self-confidently, as you actually know what you're talking about.... Interesting.

For starters, I'm actually giddy of anticipation to know, how you think to get these migrants to integrate themselves (even by your standards).
    And what you would do with those, who are not as willing, as you want them to.

Because it is easier to let an unwanted guest stand in front on a closed door, than to go through the ordeal to ask him / her to leave.
    (Not only easier, but cheaper also)
    Well, as an immigrant in the US on the student visa, I am forced to integrate into the society: to keep doing research (that is working), to know the language, to follow some other requirements - should I fail at this, I will be deported instantly. And it is fine, this is how a decent integration policy works: you are free to come or not to come, but if you have come, then either be of use to our country, or get out. This is also how immigration systems work in Australia or Canada, and how they are supposed to work everywhere.

It is not much of a deal to make similar requirements for the refugees: pass the language exam in a year, find a job in a year and a half, pass exams on history and culture in two years... Be all the time on good terms with the government, by demonstrating that you are making an actual effort to integrate. If you know that you can't just stay doing nothing, then you will do something useful, rather than roam around aimlessly and resorting to crime out of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    He's ours get your own!

Oh wait you already do:

Eh, forgot about this guy... I hoped to get rid of Trump, but, it seems, they have a Trump of their own already!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

You already know that for those 2.5 years he will be playing video games in jail and living a very easy life lol. At some point I wouldn't be surprised if they give the rapists no jail time any more and instead offer them an apology.

Deleted
    Well, as an immigrant in the US on the student visa, I am forced to integrate into the society: to keep doing research (that is working), to know the language, to follow some other requirements - should I fail at this, I will be deported instantly. And it is fine, this is how a decent integration policy works: you are free to come or not to come, but if you have come, then either be of use to our country, or get out. This is also how immigration systems work in Australia or Canada, and how they are supposed to work everywhere.

It is not much of a deal to make similar requirements for the refugees: pass the language exam in a year, find a job in a year and a half, pass exams on history and culture in two years... Be all the time on good terms with the government, by demonstrating that you are making an actual effort to integrate. If you know that you can't just stay doing nothing, then you will do something useful, rather than roam around aimlessly and resorting to crime out of boredom.
    Although the requirements in countries like Germany f.e. are not as harsh, as in the USA. There are already enough immigration regulating laws, which if enforced, would lead to the result that only a small fraction of the people who came during the last years, would be allowed to stay.
    Now, why took Germany 2015 ~1,4mil migrants (- the ~35% Syrian refugees) in and only deported 21.000?
    Are the remaining ones so well qualified and committed, that they would integrate themselves accordingly to the law in the middle term?
    I'm a bit skeptic, when the number of deportations is so low, when people come from countries with the highest % of illiteracy. (Education speeds up or at least enables a successful integration)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    That country is doomed. All of Europe is doomed.
    Id worry more about your own homegrown terrorism

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Id worry more about your own homegrown terrorism
    I live in Indiana. Where I live we don't have much violent crime. We also don't have a lot of diversity...If the shit really hit the fan I would be in a great area for it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's so much injustice. How much crime does one have to comit in order to be properly punished? IDK. I just hope the victim recovers as much as she can.

Deleted
    I live in Indiana. Where I live we don't have much violent crime. We also don't have a lot of diversity...If the shit really hit the fan I would be in a great area for it to happen.
    As am I, no fear here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    There's so much injustice. How much crime does one have to comit in order to be properly punished? IDK. I just hope the victim recovers as much as she can.
    Is deportation a punishment if the criminal may be free in their home country?

muslims should be deported

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    As am I, no fear here

- - - Updated - - -

Is deportation a punishment if the criminal may be free in their home country?
    No offense to the English, but say if shit REALLY hit the fan do you feel safe on a small island country?

So if Rape is not a Serious crime for Deportation

Then extraditing someone to Sweden for a false rape charge should not be very serious either..

Case in point: Australian Ecuadorian Julian Assange of Wiki leaks..stilled holed up in an Ecuadorian embassy in London
    where he has been for 3 + years.

After many years Sweden still want to extradite him back to Stockholm on false rape charges

Deleted
    No offense to the English, but say if shit REALLY hit the fan do you feel safe on a small island country?
    Yeah why wouldn't I

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    2.5 years for rape what a joke. Send his ass to Texas please.
    Yes, I agree. Ironically, in "non-progressive" places (and I mean this as a compliment) like the southern US states, Eastern Europe, Japan and Russia, a crime like this would have way more serious consequences for the perpetrator than it would in Sweden, Denmark or Germany. He could work the swedish iron quarries manually for all I care.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2016-07-20 at 11:05 AM.

I say deport him, but I have no sympathy for criminals.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny you mention that, since one of the reasons there used to be so little rape in Sweden is that it is the country with the highest equality of sexes in the world - thanks exactly to those evil feminists and liberals you hate so much.

Rape rates you observe there now are due to failed immigration policies, nothing else.
    It was more to do with the fact that Sweden belonged to the Swedish.

Their failed immigration policies were the result of the people in power who are liberals and feminists. You cannot prove me wrong because that is the reality.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Sure people won't find a way if you close the door. And if they can get inside anyway you just take fingerprints and kick them out. If they come back again you arrest them.

Deleted
    Deportation is not generally something that is a big thing in the law. The problem with it is that it differentiates treatment of citizens from treatment of foreigners (citizens never get deported), which goes against basic human rights declared by the UN and signed by almost every government on this planet.

Usually the justification of deportation is someone threatening the security/safety of a state. Apparently, one rape event is not that. Unless, I don't know, the person has managed to rape 10% of the population.

Also, note that the person in question has permanent resident status in Sweden. Deporting a permanent resident is only more problematic and technically difficult.
    Correct. As terrible as it sounds, deportation requires something more severe. Though in the eyes of the regular people, anyone wanting to be in Sweden but commits a crime, especially the crime of rape, doesn't deserve to be here and should be deported.
    I'm sure most people in any country feel the same way. You want immigrants to easily assimilate or be willing to assimilate. Commiting a serious crime is proof for most people, that you don't give a shit about that.