Fire Blast overwriting Hotsteak

Fire Blast overwriting Hotsteak returning you to heating up intended or a bug?
    My fin ger twitched and it happened a couple times super annoying

The archi trinket appears to be munching the hot streaks. I tried it against a dummy with the trinket off and it no longer happened.

Deleted
    The trinket consumes automatically the Hot streak and gives heating up since it crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekowa View Post
    The trinket consumes automatically the Hot streak and gives heating up since it crits.
    good to know lol thanks ><

Deleted
    ... does this mean that class trinket is actually a dps loss now ?

No. Just don't press Fire Blast when you have Hot Streak. Which you shouldn't be doing anyway regardless of trinket.

It's a bug. On Beta, trinket didn't consume HS procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    No. Just don't press Fire Blast when you have Hot Streak. Which you shouldn't be doing anyway regardless of trinket.
    Well with it being 2 charges, off the gcd as well as being able to use while casting something else, it is difficult to not accidentally press it. Will take some time to really imbed fire blast usage into muscle memory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Well with it being 2 charges, off the gcd as well as being able to use while casting something else, it is difficult to not accidentally press it. Will take some time to really imbed fire blast usage into muscle memory.
    The spec is generally stressful during the burn because almost everything you do is an instant. I don't think anyone will ever find it too easy in a regular complex fight. It's ironic because the dream of every caster is to have instants but one has to admit, long-casting has its virtues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    Why do i not want to press fire blast when hot streak procs?

Quote Originally Posted by youraddhere View Post
    Because you're wasting the guaranteed crit. You want to Pyro and then use FB to get a second crit after something else crits.

Quote Originally Posted by youraddhere View Post
    because you can't get a hot streak + heating up proc simultaneously anymore, so the fire blast in that situation is completely wasted

The archi trinket plus Prophecy of Fear is fucking hilarious. Add Flame patch to that bugged or not, and it's ridiculous damage cleave-wise . As other's have said though, there's zero reason to ever Fire Blast when Hot Streak has procced. You can no longer have heating up and Hot Streak at the same time, so it's useless to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    It's a bug. On Beta, trinket didn't consume HS procs.
    It definitely did consume HS procs on beta.