Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    That's a good thing. Raids are not supposed to be solo'ed.

And they should just close raids that are below your level or make bosses hp/dmg scale with your level.
    Considering they added pets and now account wide transmog to old raids, Blizz encourages players that want to solo old raids.

Hunter is my old main, because I despise the changes to all 3 specs. Seems like I cant even use Hunter for EZmode soloing old raids, or other pve content. Apparently, BM's artifact has a small self heal with Kill Command. But that doesnt replace the loss of spammable Misdirect, less squishy pets, Aspect of the Cheetah, Camouflage, Disengage + Chimera Shot heal, and Spirit Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of hunters saying they are unable to clear vaults, so I tried it myself last night as all three specs and did less than 40% overall damage to stoneguard before dying. Impossible to solo, but I guess Legion isn't too far away..
    What difficulty? I was able to do Mogu'shun Vaults on 10 man normal this week, primarily as Beast Mastery with around 710 item level and a turtle pet. It's not easy with the Misdirection glyph gone, but it's definitely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    724 ilevel

I may have been a bit premature. I just killed council but I was down to 5% health. So lets just say its alot harder to solo MoP raids now with the removal of spirit bond and the MD glyph.

EDIT

And died on Magera because no self healing...
    What difficulty are you trying to run? Given I normally don't bother soloing anything harder than 10N but in things like ToT they die just as quick as they had prior to the patch. As for self healing on fights like Magera I had actually just ran that on Monday as MM and can sadly say I died at 1% due to lack of self heals but with the patch as BM using a spirit beast which I left on ferocity during all of my runs I was able to finish the fight with over 90% using Spirit Mend/Gift of the Naaru/Exhilaration.

As a point of reference this is the character I've been doing my runs on.

Just a recommendation on fights like council try to make sure you line up Stampede to hit all of the bosses. With the character shown above my Stampede is able to do upwards of 900k-1mil damage per target in just one cast allowing me to nearly kill all of the targets with just that alone. Beyond that just using A Murder of Crows which is also doing around 600-700k per cast and just swapping to another target to allow that to finish it off.

I guess I should also state for the record outside of just using MD on pull on any of the fights outside of Horridon I'm not trying to have my pet tank. I'm just gunning the bosses down and if they happen to attack me so be it.
    Last edited by Cyno; 2016-07-21 at 07:52 AM. Reason: additional thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyno View Post
    What difficulty are you trying to run? Given I normally don't bother soloing anything harder than 10N but in things like ToT they die just as quick as they had prior to the patch. As for self healing on fights like Magera I had actually just ran that on Monday as MM and can sadly say I died at 1% due to lack of self heals but with the patch as BM using a spirit beast which I left on ferocity during all of my runs I was able to finish the fight with over 90% using Spirit Mend/Gift of the Naaru/Exhilaration.

As a point of reference this is the character I've been doing my runs on.

Just a recommendation on fights like council try to make sure you line up Stampede to hit all of the bosses. With the character shown above my Stampede is able to do upwards of 900k-1mil damage per target in just one cast allowing me to nearly kill all of the targets with just that alone. Beyond that just using A Murder of Crows which is also doing around 600-700k per cast and just swapping to another target to allow that to finish it off.

I guess I should also state for the record outside of just using MD on pull on any of the fights outside of Horridon I'm not trying to have my pet tank. I'm just gunning the bosses down and if they happen to attack me so be it.
    Im running 10 normal and I guess the gift of the naaru is making all the differance and I think the fact you have 2% leech on your gear is whats keeping you alive because I have 0. Im keeping Spirit Mend on CD on me and using exhilaration.

It isnt possible to speed up the maegera fight eaither which is why I die! Towards the end of the fight im just getting gunned down by all the various heads ive already killed and no amount of spirit mend (which is a pathetic heal) or exhilaration use can counter that amount of incoming damage.
    Last edited by minkage; 2016-07-21 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of hunters saying they are unable to clear vaults, so I tried it myself last night as all three specs and did less than 40% overall damage to stoneguard before dying. Impossible to solo, but I guess Legion isn't too far away..
    Its not, you just need to be higher ilvl maybe, wasnt too bad at 740 but yeah, not sure bout tot will try later in the week

The elegon clear was always a breeze ToT you needed a decent ilevel to solo prepatch

25 man ToT Council of Elders seems pretty impossible now. Mainly due to the complete lack of self healing for BM. Sul and Marli will NEVER stick to your pet and constantly cast at you, and there's just no way you can kill them before they can kill you.

I've tried misdirecting to my pet and FD but NOTHING causes Marli and Zul to stick to your pet. Staying in FD will cause them to attack your pet instead but the second you get back up they will switch back to you.

This is at a 740 ilvl hunter.

The hardest part about this pre-patch was zerging Malakk down before he got a cast of Biting Cold off. This is still doable at my ilvl. Sadly, without Spirit Bond, the whole rest of the fight got a lot harder.

I'm sure that 10 man difficulty is very easy, though. Unless you have very low gear.

Leveled up 6 hunters in WoD solely to faceroll old raids (ilevel 700 honor gear), now my pet (ferocity because I was partially clueless about the changes, partially cba) dies in 2-3 hits from Jin'rokh between mend pets. Came to see how everyone else is doing. Meh, guess I'll be on ToT break till 110.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-07-23 at 08:56 PM.

Things get harder without Spirit Bond. I tested on Pugg / Rukdug / Guk and lates Taanan elites. My pet dies, and this is very rarely happens before. Revive pet is short cast, so I can kill those elites easy. I made some macros and start using only Spirit beasts for unique heal.

AAAAAA = your pet name

/target AAAAAA
    /cast Spirit Mend(Exotic Ability)
    /cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet
    /cast Mend Pet
    /targetlasttarget

BBBBBBB = your hunter name

/target BBBBBB
    /cast Exhilaration
    /cast Spirit Mend(Exotic Ability)
    /cast Mend Pet
    /targetlasttarget

That helps a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki
    I made some macros and start using only Spirit beasts for unique heal.
    This is basically the best tip I can give you. I'm ilvl 743 and can nuke some bosses before they kill me, but bosses like Maegara you need the heal or you slowly die.

Soloing became a lot harder, but not impossible, which is very dependent on your gear. In two months time it'll be more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowman View Post
    This is basically the best tip I can give you. I'm ilvl 743 and can nuke some bosses before they kill me, but bosses like Maegara you need the heal or you slowly die.

Soloing became a lot harder, but not impossible, which is very dependent on your gear. In two months time it'll be more than fine.
    Were you able to solo Council on 25 man by chance? I was trying to figure out a way but I really couldn't. I tried zerging Marli first but that was no help because Malakk kept attacking me. It feels like Feign Death no longer drops threat but rather hides your threat while it is active but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I can no longer solo terrace, protectors wreck me.
    This is now a block by mechanic because we can no longer tranq shot (with glyph) the heal and its more challenging to group 3 of them together so the pet takes the threat with beast cleave.

Funny enough though, I seem to be able to do old raids better with a fire mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if WoD normal dungeons are or were soloable? I was thinking of trying to farm Nerzhul for the Shadowmoon Illusion but maybe it's not possible. I'm 705 ilv btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Were you able to solo Council on 25 man by chance? I was trying to figure out a way but I really couldn't. I tried zerging Marli first but that was no help because Malakk kept attacking me. It feels like Feign Death no longer drops threat but rather hides your threat while it is active but I could be wrong.
    Sorry for the late reply, but I was talking about 10 man normal, never done/tried 25 man, even before the pre-patch. My strat is maybe for 10 man only, but I nuke the living crap out of Malakk, and kill him before he does his frost debuff (it'll kill you). Then I switch to Sul and with the remainder of my CDs get him down asap. Then I just switch between Marli and Kazra, as long as you don't kill yourself by DPSing Kazra too hard, it should be fine. Also, spec into Posthaste, since else you can't get out of the sand traps. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Its not, you just need to be higher ilvl maybe, wasnt too bad at 740 but yeah, not sure bout tot will try later in the week
    I guess most people are trying 25 man mode, because 10 man Vaults was a breeze with my 725-726 MM hunter face tanking everything. I used Gift of the Naaru on the Stoneguard, but would have survived without it. 2nd boss had just run over to the first artifact (or whatever it is he runs to). Gara'jal didn't need any healing at all. Used Gift of the Naaru on boss fight 4, used no other cooldowns. Elegon died after 2 casts of his power thing. Spirit Kings themselves died roughly 17 seconds after spawning. Only a handful of trash mobs had enough health to survive a Barrage.

I was able to solo all of 10-man normal ToT. The only ones that were difficult were Dark Animus (you need to kill as many robots as you can before they all bunch together and get a massive buff) and Lei Shen. Lei Shen was quite the challenge due to the bouncing bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Glustin10 View Post
    Does anyone know if WoD normal dungeons are or were soloable? I was thinking of trying to farm Nerzhul for the Shadowmoon Illusion but maybe it's not possible. I'm 705 ilv btw.
    As surv (camo) you only need to kill first boss and the 2 voidthings right before last boss, so you can farm this pretty effectively.
    I was able to kill the 2 bosses on my 707 pvp hunter alt, just make sure you take all the burst talents so you can nuke them down quickly. Had to feign midfight on both a few times pulling aggro off pet. You can't facetank them for long. The bosses themselves would probably be much easier as BM, but then you'd have to do a lot of feigning running past trash, unless you wanna clear it.

It was obviously very easy on my 743 hunter main with maxed ring and 740 wep. Dropped after 12 runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Once The Apex Predator's Claw drops for people it'll be somewhat easier to solo, since that thing is Adaptation In Ring Form.
    Dont think that this legendary will help much
    Unlike Talent its not learn the active abilityes of the other pet stances only passive ones, so will add abit some damage to your Tanking pet and some survivalbiliy to rest (but not the HP increase oh shit button)
    Probably pet dies in MoP raids easy because of the mechanics there for pets if i remember correct bosses hit pets much hard ?? maybe its bugged who knows.Anyway soloing MoP raids became much easyer once you hit lv 110 and your pet is on like 2mln HP + and we do 3x more damage in Dungeon gear with 1/3 artefacts unlocked

The problem I had was they didn't drop and loot chests and the head boss kept despawning, I wasn't on a hunter though, was on a prot pally, but it would of sucked to struggle on council and get zero for it :/

Apex Predator's Claw is a nerfed version of Adaption right out of the gate too. It's not even as good as the original.