Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else having an insane amount of extra difficulty soloing some raids?

I'm still getting used to the changes so maybe I'm doing something wrong but it seems like soloing is almost completely dead for most things beyond first tier of MoP. With the loss of Mend Pet and MD glyph my pet is dying far too easily and can hardly keep aggro most of the time (not to mention no Spirit Bond means I die very easily now when mixed with getting aggro). I couldn't even kill Council in ToT because at some point either I die or my pet dies. Anyone else having the same issues? I know this will change in Legion but it will carry over to the next tier of soloing, I feel like these issues really need to be addressed.

PS: Not being able to change talents in raids is awful for soloing. I forgot to spec Posthaste before leaving for ToT so when I got to Council I had to hearth after the first attempt and fly all the way back for a single talent change. The tomes are also (predictably) incredibly expensive at the moment. Just seems like a lot of bad changes all around.

It's harder mainly because you're dependant on the artifact trait to get heals from kill command.

This of course assuming you're specced BM. Pet should be tenacity spec, mend pet on CD or when needed.

As long as you keep the mobs together for beast cleave, threat shouldn't be an issue.

It's not as face roll with glyph of misdirection but with some adjustments, it does the job

I've been facerolling stuff with MM spec + tank pet.

But now...MM got that "nice" 8 seconds minion that can aggro 1 mob at time and MD is on a 30sec cooldown. Clearing raids became nearly impossible, unless you waste your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    It's harder mainly because you're dependant on the artifact trait to get heals from kill command.

This of course assuming you're specced BM. Pet should be tenacity spec, mend pet on CD or when needed.

As long as you keep the mobs together for beast cleave, threat shouldn't be an issue.

It's not as face roll with glyph of misdirection but with some adjustments, it does the job
    Ah, as dumb as it sounds I hadn't even been thinking about the artifact. But yeah, been BM, tenacity pet when it was clear ferocity couldn't handle the damage. Beast Cleave doesn't seem to cut it on the threat for me. I think it's because a lot of the adds on ToT fights can came out of weird spots and they just don't get caught by the AOE sometimes (then you have Council where half the mobs simply don't move).

It makes me pretty mad that I cant solo ToT for mounts anymore when it was a breeze prepatch.

That's a good thing. Raids are not supposed to be solo'ed.

And they should just close raids that are below your level or make bosses hp/dmg scale with your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    That only heals the player, not the pet. So it will not fix anything. The problem is the PET dies too easily, even when specced tenacity. Mend pet does shit all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

And they should just close raids that are below your level or make bosses hp/dmg scale with your level.
    Are you joking or are you actually upset that raids from several years ago are now soloable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    It makes me pretty mad that I cant solo ToT for mounts anymore when it was a breeze prepatch.
    Yup, came in to see if I was the only one, apparently not.

It's a pain, hopefully come Legion the gear will make it doable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

I have to say, I am very glad that I got Clutch of Ji-kun last week, had been soloing it for the last 15 weeks on my Boomkin/Hunter and it finally dropped while on my hunter. That marks my last mount from a dungeon/raid until Legion hits and I get to chase Gul'dans mount

Deleted
    I was doing as MM cata 25 hc before without pet, today i run blackwing descent =die on last boss^^^
    I make x2 less dps then before , in WoD solo elegon mm lonewolf now i guess impossible

Once The Apex Predator's Claw drops for people it'll be somewhat easier to solo, since that thing is Adaptation In Ring Form.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of gear are you guys using that you're having so much trouble? Up till yesterday I would do all of my old content as MM only needing to swap out of LW for council in ToT and while my damage did take a hit with my burst dropping from over 300k to around 250k as BM I found myself still more than capable of just blowing any of the bosses up. As for the pet being squishy I can definitely see a difference but currently I've not found it to be to much of an issue in any of the mop raids.

The one piece of advice I would give is if you aren't already using Murder of Crows and Stampede I would highly recommend trying them because along side my ring which is only 765 those two make up something like 60-70% of my opener burst.

I can no longer solo terrace, protectors wreck me. I solo'd everything but Sha (only because he'd bug reset) with ease prior to the patch. They seem immune to FD, and even with misdirect I peel off my pet as BM. Just not enough incoming heals anymore.

Everything prior to MoP is still easy, solo'd spine without issues.

Worst idea i've ever heard. What are you the anti-fun police?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

Considering DPS HP pools in legion are exceeding 1 million, and some specs crit for 1-3m at times, MoP raids will be an absolute joke even in heroic dungeon gear. Artifacts are super strong.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-07-20 at 05:52 PM.

Also Artifacts are what give us our actual self healing outside of a two minute cooldown.

Really feeling the loss of Spirit Bond T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Spirit Bond :'(
    Yeah, I was doing LFR SoO last night, and man, did I ever take that Spirit Bond for granted.
    Not having a nice health regen during combat made some fights particularly stressful. :/

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Worst idea i've ever heard. What are you the anti-fun police?
    So you have fun facerolling trash mobs and bosses 20 level below you? strange conception of fun ...

15+ Year Old Account
    So you have fun facerolling trash mobs and bosses 20 level below you? strange conception of fun ...
    Yes fun for us not fun for you? Will move on then

Quote Originally Posted by Cyno View Post
    If you don't mind me asking what kind of gear are you guys using that you're having so much trouble? Up till yesterday I would do all of my old content as MM only needing to swap out of LW for council in ToT and while my damage did take a hit with my burst dropping from over 300k to around 250k as BM I found myself still more than capable of just blowing any of the bosses up. As for the pet being squishy I can definitely see a difference but currently I've not found it to be to much of an issue in any of the mop raids.

The one piece of advice I would give is if you aren't already using Murder of Crows and Stampede I would highly recommend trying them because along side my ring which is only 765 those two make up something like 60-70% of my opener burst.
    724 ilevel

I may have been a bit premature. I just killed council but I was down to 5% health. So lets just say its alot harder to solo MoP raids now with the removal of spirit bond and the MD glyph.

EDIT

And died on Magera because no self healing...
    Last edited by minkage; 2016-07-21 at 04:32 AM.