Okay. I've been reading a lot. Been playing since Vanilla and mained a Prot pally since BC 2.1 when uncrittable and uncrushable was a thing and we needed spell power weps and still had to Def cap. My main alt is a hunter that I play with the wife so my main alt is taken.

Which leads me to this...

I've raid tanked on the Pally, Brewmaster and DK and like them all. I agreed then and now that the BrM felt most meta of the tanks with all the AM and as a Service-Connected disabled Vet with hand tremors (which means I'm a clicker…*sad face*), Brewmaster was a little less forgiving than other classes if my fingers went AWOL for a few seconds during a fight.

Which leads me to Legion. I'm on a slight break now while I replace my Mac Pro 1,1 with Radeon 5870 (beast lasted 2 months shy of 10 years which is a helluva gaming run) and I've spent months trying to figure out which class to main in Legion.

I realize that with the focus on the Artifact, which main will really make a difference. And having spent a LOT of time with the Ele Shaman, I'm more than familiar with Blizz simply not fixing classes once they go live.

I'm not sure which class to go with and because the penalty seems so steep, I'm seeking the community's advice. So, any advice is greatly appreciated.

I understand that Bears are universally lauded right now as the best tank, but it seems as if every tanking forum has significant complaints about their situation including Bears. Bears complain about their lackluster rotation, DKs are too slow and can't respond to incoming damage fast enough, etc.

I guess it's safe to say that while I feel comfortable learning any class well (I've raided on every class except Priest, Warrior and Lock, iirc, and often using multiple specs, so I feel comfortable learning). I'm most currently comfortable with the Pally (Prot and Ret) and the DK (Blood). I've got a Feral Druid, but I only dabbled with Guardian during leveling and there just weren't enough tools, so I went back to Feral.

The other thing is this… I took a big break from tanking because of the go, go, go mentality of the community, but I like tanking enough and I've reconnected with enough friends that I've decided to jump back into the tanking pool.

Any help is greatly appreciated.