Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Gun Culture is a thing in the US. It's hard to fight such a thing.

No I don't support removing the second amendment. I get tired of people assuming liberals want to ban the second amendment.
    It could use some finetuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    You can thank a fast paced media circus for that as well. Whereas before a tragedy of that magnitude was talked about for ages and it led to prolonged discussion on ways to fix an issue, nowadays news has to jump from story to story on whatever garners the most viewers which leads to issues not remaining in the public eye for long.

Stories are only rehashed to strengthen political platforms for partisan agendas and to rile up emotional response these days.
    A good point. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I'm sure liberals will find the second amendment useful when they start dragging people out into the streets and machine gunning them in the name of revolution.
    This sort of fear-mongering is pointless blather and doesn't help anyone.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

How is making a prediction fear mongering? We saw the same thing happen over and over again in the revolutions of the 20th century. It's absurd and historically blind to say that it can never happen here, as if you believe there is some magical force that protects this country.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    1776 will commence again!

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    How is making a prediction fear mongering? We saw the same thing happen over and over again in the revolutions of the 20th century. It's absurd and historically blind to say that it can never happen here, as if you believe there is some magical force that protects this country.
    You honestly think a bunch of idiots with guns are gonna be able to stop the goverment?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    You honestly think a bunch of idiots with guns are gonna be able to stop the goverment?
    A bunch of idiots with guns stopped the English military...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Oh good thing we haven't advanced technologically in both weaponry and tactical warfare since then

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    In Pakistan, if you're lower or middle-lower class then you might as well give up on any rights or protections you have. The government is corrupt, the police are corrupt, and don't even get me started on the lack of education prevalent that leads to barbaric practices like this.

Absolutely sickening, and unfortunately this is just one of the few that are reported.

Wow - what a resoundingly positive review of Pakistan.

Wouldn't it be amazing if people with such a dismal view of a country, that they so proudly claim as part of their heritage, were to go that country and try to make a change instead of just bashing it from afar?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh good thing we haven't advanced technologically in both weaponry and tactical warfare since then
    What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same could be said about your quote that he is responding to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Same could be said about your quote that he is responding to.
    No, it couldn't.

A bunch of farmers with guns defeated the British Military from overrunning the USA. With the help of the French, a bunch of "idiots with guns" defeated THE number one military organization of that time.

Why the fuck do you not think it could not be done again? Because of "technology" or "tactics"?

Go troll someone else, you are about as much of a defeatist as Assbandit is. Go do something constructive like whine and complain about how mean right-wingers are.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I love my flashstopper addon, got it because it seems every news site is auto playing videos
    I didn't know this was a thing. Thank you. You are my hero for the day. Perhaps even the week.

social conservatives are a problem everywhere in the world, just not enough true liberal progressives out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it couldn't.

A bunch of farmers with guns defeated the British Military from overrunning the USA. With the help of the French, a bunch of "idiots with guns" defeated THE number one military organization of that time.

Why the fuck do you not think it could not be done again? Because of "technology" or "tactics"?
    There are any number of reasons why comparing something that happened 240 years ago is not comparable to today. Technology and tactics are two significant ones but there are quite a few others coming from culture and the lack of homogeneity in the US population compared to back then.

Go troll someone else
    Calling someone a troll is against the forum rules. Do it again and I'll report you.

you are about as much of a defeatist as Assbandit is. Go do something constructive like whine and complain about how mean right-wingers are.
    It's a shame you don't seem to be able or willing to have a civil conversation. The topic of the feasibility of an armed revolution in the US is actually an interesting topic.

No, it couldn't.

Go troll someone else, you are about as much of a defeatist as Assbandit is. Go do something constructive like whine and complain about how mean right-wingers are.
    Good you mentioned that part, but you didn't mention how that little rebellion of yours would have been smashed to pieces if it weren't for the French. They are the reason you exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Calling someone a troll is against the forum rules. Do it again and I'll report you.

"Teacher, teacher....Ransath said a bad word!!"

LOL.

Go troll someone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    he does have a point.

in the last decades, police forces have progressed in terms of crowd control and have extensive training on how to deal with riots. you can't compare the capablities and the technology of today's police forces with the British Army. Police forces are educated by knowledge obtained from recording and analyzing decades of various revolutions, riots and unrest.

So no, merely having guns does not automatically translate into being able to cause a successful revolution. it requires specialized training in weaponry, military tactics and it also requires you to undergo specific mental training to not break and flee under pressure and high stress situations. It's one thing to shoot at a target in range, and another to shoot at a living person, now imagine having to do it under pressure, where you're facing a well-trained and well-equiped police force.

about the topic, yeah, wouldn't want to live in that place either. people seem to be getting more creative in killing people in gruesome ways.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2016-07-20 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Wouldn't it be amazing if people with such a dismal view of a country, that they so proudly claim as part of their heritage, were to go that country and try to make a change instead of just bashing it from afar?
    I made a comment regarding a very specific incident and what relates to it. I can happily go over the positive aspects of living there but I get the feeling that would blow your mind so I won't trouble you any more than you already are

I go back every year to host an absolutely free clinic for the destitute area near Gujrat in the Punjab province, in a rural village called Parianhwali, as my father did before me and because it was and is dear to him as he was born there. But please do go on trying to make assumptions about another person's life over the internet to validate whatever criticisms you have in your head because quite frankly you seem to have a very narrow view of the world and the people in it .

Deleted
    I made a comment regarding a very specific incident and what relates to it.
    In Pakistan, if you're lower or middle-lower class then you might as well give up on any rights or protections you have. The government is corrupt, the police are corrupt,...
    Specific incident? You just basically condemned the entire fucking country! "if you're lower or middle-lower class then you might as well give up on any rights or protections you have"? "The government is corrupt, the police are corrupt"? There are no qualifiers in those statements, those are absolutes about the entire country - not one specific incident and what "relates" to it.

Good for you that you go back to host a free clinic. I didn't make any assumptions about you - a free clinic is not "change", that is just helping people out. I am talking about real CHANGE - as in POLITICS.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a time before tanks and attack choppers and fighter jets sure.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

I hope you follow your own advice, every time you bash something/someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Just another day in the ass-crack of the earth.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."