Roaring Blaze Talent

I'm trying to find out if the talent "Roaring Blaze" is a buff or a debuff (I want to track with "TellmeWhen" addon), since when you cast immolate and then conflagrate you can't say if you have ever used it or not (Conflag). There is no tracker on the screen or something like that to make sure. Help! Sorry the english.

There is nothing to track with this. All that is happening is confalg is increasing the damage of the dot. It's the same as with afflcition and stacking multiple UA's on top of each other. The spell name/ID doesnt change, the damage just gets added on to the dot. There really isn't any need to track it anyways. If you are using this talent your rotation should be:

Immolate>Immolate(to pandemic the dot to bring it up from 18sec to like 23sec I beleive?)> Conflag>Conflag

Once this is done, you let immolate COMPLETELY FALL OFF THE TARGET to insure that the full increased damage is done. If you reapply immolate before the last tick hits the target you lost a ton of damage.

At this point once immolate falls off you will have the two charges of conflag ready to use again and you repeat the process.

You CAN use a third conflag on the immolate when conflag comes back for some more burst damage but over time it will be a loss cause you mess up ur rotation of a double conflag immolate.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterstorm View Post
    You CAN use a third conflag on the immolate when conflag comes back for some more burst damage but over time it will be a loss cause you mess up ur rotation of a double conflag immolate.
    You just educated me on something I didn't realize. I didn't know Roaring Blaze stacked. I was also looking for a way to track it so I didn't "waste" conflags if the target already had a buffed immolate on it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    You just educated me on something I didn't realize. I didn't know Roaring Blaze stacked. I was also looking for a way to track it so I didn't "waste" conflags if the target already had a buffed immolate on it. Thanks!
    HA! No problem!. Ya you always want to put in two conflags to stack up the damage to 120% more for the dot. And again, MAKE SURE THE DOT FALLS OFF COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU START IT OVER AGAIN!

HA! No problem!. Ya you always want to put in two conflags to stack up the damage to 120% more for the dot. And again, MAKE SURE THE DOT FALLS OFF COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU START IT OVER AGAIN!
    Pretty sure it's multiplicative. So its 156% after two conflags

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Pretty sure it's multiplicative. So its 156% after two conflags
    It could be. I'm not a master at math haha.

Letting immolate fall off is news to me. Makes sense though. Can anyone else confirm? Thanks!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently letting it fall off is what is being said by multiple people (No sources to link atm though, but it's the general consensus atm)

With Roaring Blaze you let Immolate fall off so you don't miss the last of the empowered ticks. Min-Maxing. Obviously this does mean you should try to keep the time between Immolate falling off and the new one landing to an absolute minimum.

I am not so sure about that.
    The third conflag increases the absolute damage bonus from +156% (after 2 conflags) to +309,6% for about 50-60% of the remaining duration, depending on how much hast you have.
    And it doesn't really mess with you rotation that much, because you don't have to cast immolate>immolate to get the full duration. You just have to make sure that there are about 7 seconds left on the duration of your current immolate and then you follow up with immolate>conflag>conflag.

So I would advise some further testing.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    Letting immolate fall off is news to me. Makes sense though. Can anyone else confirm? Thanks!
    If you "buff" your immolate 3 times it can tick higher than chaos bolt hits, so you have to make sure you don't overwrite it with a new "unbuffed" one before it falls off.
    Last edited by minath; 2016-08-08 at 10:35 AM.

Ive done some math and with haste being our first stat, casting 3 conflagrate on cooldown do more damage overall than casting only 2 for immolate... and im not saiyng more damage per immolate, im saying more damage overall... with sucessive casts on immolate and conflagrate. Sorry for the text, english is not my main language.

Learning this has changed everything!!! I'm finding destro so fun! I can't die and as long as I'm not moving constantly, the damage is great! A quick movement out of fire isn't so bad when immolate is ticking that hard. But this is the part where everyone will tell me how much more capable all the other classes are in Legion and rain on my parade haha

It is a dps gain to cast a third conflagrate if the you have >= (greater than or equal) to three ticks remaining on Immolate. Otherwise, save the charge for the next application of Immolate.

What about our T19 bonus that gives Conflagrate 3 stacks?

Is it recommended to use Immolate > Immolate > Conflagrate x3?

Yeah use third and even a fourth one...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What about our T19 bonus that gives Conflagrate 3 stacks?

Is it recommended to use Immolate > Immolate > Conflagrate x3?
    The double immolate at the beginning allows you to extend the 18 second duration due to pandemic. With the T19 bonus, you'll have 3 conflags to spend immediately and the fourth off recharge in <= 12 seconds.

Current math is showing 3x conflag rotation to be better with reasonable levels of haste, its not massive difference though. Its basically:

Immo > Immo > Conflag > Conflag. Use 3rd Conflag IMMEDIATELY as it comes off CD. Re-cast immo with < your cast time on the debuff so you don't waste the last tick of the +3 one. Then as soon as you are back to 2 conflags, immo again to pandemic and start over.

Also Not has a WA on the first post of the big WA thread here that will tell you how many buffs are on your current immolate.