Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling Dungeons Post Patch Way Tougher

Im currently lvling a guardian druid, and i have to say i feel an insane amount of balance changes since patch went live.
    Healers barely manage to keep me alive, most of them are in green gear - almost didnt see healers with any heirlooms. And even the heirlooms themselves are worse then the blue items currently drop.
    I find it extremely hard to tank now. Im at loss of words.
    I know my class good enough to know it is not me, but something that came with the new patch changes.
    Anything else experienced this ?

P.s- Currently checked only dungeons between levels 70 to 82.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. hope still isn't dead after all

I'm not having any trouble at all... which dungeons specifically?

To be fair, most of the dungeons were laughably easy and the only way you'd die most of the time was if someone royally screwed up. Blizz said they'd be making balance changes to make it so it wasn't some version of breezing through the leveling content. But if looms are worse than same-iLvl blues, that's kind of an issue.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I haven't tried any of that content yet.

But I have to say, the way that you describe it : that actually sounds kind of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    Im currently lvling a guardian druid, and i have to say i feel an insane amount of balance changes since patch went live.
    Healers barely manage to keep me alive, most of them are in green gear - almost didnt see healers with any heirlooms. And even the heirlooms themselves are worse then the blue items currently drop.
    I know my class good enough to know it is not me, but something that came with the new patch changes.

I tanked and my gf healed. Went 65-80 without problems today. So I would challenge this "I know my class" thing. They aren't something you can tank through with your eyes closed anymore but is that really a bad thing?

Deleted
    That's good. Maybe I might try leveling a low level character again, and hopefully enjoy it!

So have you tried CCing stuff and not pulling multiple mobs at once? You know, like back in Vanilla and TBC. Back where you actually had to think while doing dungeons. If that isn't the case you might want to start trying it. Odds are its going to be like Cata again where people will complain that its too hard and they'll nerf them again and then they'll complain that their too much of a cake walk, in which case they'll ask for more dungeons because the current ones are ROFL-stomps, then the new ones will come out and be like the late LK ones and people will start failing again because OMG there's mechanics, and then keep rinse and repeating.

While harder leveling dungeons is a good thing (though it's perfectly possible they are legitimately overtuned at the moment), my big worry here is that it places even MORE pressure on people to use heirlooms. Easy dungeons were half of the problem, and heirlooms were the other half.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    I tanked and my gf healed. Went 65-80 without problems today. So I would challenge this "I know my class" thing. They aren't something you can tank through with your eyes closed anymore but is that really a bad thing?
    Dont get me wrong. I managed to finish every dungeon, eventually
    Something's terribley off.
    I played an off-spec (equally geared to guardian's, in other words very good) and the prot warrior i was healing was three shotted many times in the Throne of the Tides dungeon.
    My hots didnt even get to tick two times and he was already dead.
    Im telling you guys, something's different now. I lvled this character the past two weeks - i know when i bump into a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post

Who knows, maybe he knows his class and its the healers not knowing theirs. Or bigger odds are the dps pull the whole room or "didn't" mean to hit barrage, etc and all hell is breaking loose and people can't figure out the changes and thus fail and rage quit because of one wipe and then group spends 10min looking for new people only for them to quit because its a dungeon they've done 20x, etc etc. Or you could be right....

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    So have you tried CCing stuff and not pulling multiple mobs at once? You know, like back in Vanilla and TBC. Back where you actually had to think while doing dungeons. If that isn't the case you might want to start trying it. Odds are its going to be like Cata again where people will complain that its too hard and they'll nerf them again and then they'll complain that their too much of a cake walk, in which case they'll ask for more dungeons because the current ones are ROFL-stomps, then the new ones will come out and be like the late LK ones and people will start failing again because OMG there's mechanics, and then keep rinse and repeating.
    No mate. People didnt use interrupts either.
    Funny thing is, it wasnt essential up untill now. I used to faceroll these dungeons pre-patch.

Deleted
    Odd how in the beta the Guardian Druid is pretty much immortal unless you pull a stupid amount, the self healing is nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    That's good. Maybe I might try leveling a low level character again, and hopefully enjoy it!
    This thread is exciting news! Maybe I'll dust off my legion (pun intended) of tanks sitting at 50 to 70 for the last year.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    While harder leveling dungeons is a good thing (though it's perfectly possible they are legitimately overtuned at the moment), my big worry here is that it places even MORE pressure on people to use heirlooms. Easy dungeons were half of the problem, and heirlooms were the other half.
    You can't pressure a brand new player to use heirlooms. They still exist (new players). But this could be a good thing for them. There's still a difference between easy and trivial.

10+ Year Old Account

Low level dungeons still as easy as ever. I can pull the whole first room of Deadmines as a level 20 guardian druid and kill them all in like 10 seconds. Thrash deals ALOT of damage. And I have over 3k hp i believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others mentioned, there's a difference between easy and trivial. A lot of this is the usual prepatch growing pains, only more pronounced due to the huge class changes to most specs.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Low level dungeons still as easy as ever. I can pull the whole first room of Deadmines as a level 20 guardian druid and kill them all in like 10 seconds. Thrash deals ALOT of damage. And I have over 3k hp i believe.
    Im not sure if it's only Cataclysm dungeons, but i began feeling these changes mid-WotLk dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Odd how in the beta the Guardian Druid is pretty much immortal unless you pull a stupid amount, the self healing is nuts.
    Not odd, you've got artifacts there.

Deleted
    Im not sure if it's only Cataclysm dungeons, but i began feeling these changes mid-WotLk dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Not odd, you've got artifacts there.
    Even before I got the artifact I could pull a few mobs, go for a piss and come back to 95%+ health.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did Hellfire Citadel last night on a 62 BM hunter and was 2-3 shotting the elite mobs. There was also a fire mage who spent every hot streak on Flamestrike and was melting huge groups in seconds. Healing didn't matter because none of the mobs where able to get an attack off, and tanking didn't matter because the tank couldn't reach any of the mobs in time when he didn't have deathgrip up. I wish recount had been updated in time for me to have looked at the damage :/.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2016-07-20 at 10:38 PM.