Thread: WoW Nampelates

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anyone know an addon that has an option to display the level of the mob/player? I'm finding the lack of level information even more annoying than how ugly the "improved" default nameplates. (Entirely possible that I'm missing an obvious option in one of the addons that I've tried. I've gotten Plater configured other than the level number right now (nice and easy, very close to defaults).)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    Anyone know an addon that has an option to display the level of the mob/player? I'm finding the lack of level information even more annoying than how ugly the "improved" default nameplates. (Entirely possible that I'm missing an obvious option in one of the addons that I've tried. I've gotten Plater configured other than the level number right now (nice and easy, very close to defaults).)
    KuiNameplates has the option to show level for sure. Plater probably does too, but I couldn't tell you where.

While we're on the topic of the new nameplates...

Does anyone know why the debuffs are up so high and why it doesnt show all of them? http://i.imgur.com/El3WoEg.jpg
    Its not ElvUI related.. i already checked. Bug or intended?

haha months ago i wrote what a mistake it is to let blizzard handle things, but people were like "but why get an addon when blizzard will do it". well, now you get to enjoy the half-assed nameplates code

Im just curious why people need a target level on nameplates outside of legacy leveling and world pvp. Are those the only 2 reasons? I mean legion mobs dont have a level, theyre dynamic and ever changing.
    Science the shit out of it!

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but the nameplates now show up when you click a friendly target instead of just their name. They are also very hard to distinguish on enemies because of the coloring. Thats just the default anyone and probably irrelevant for most addons who already have colors. The kuinameplates just before prepatch was perfect and they showed up at 40yards to show you are in range.

Seems someone made a script for the range and clumping already on wowinterface here.

/run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 40) SetCVar("nameplateOtherTopInset", -1) SetCVar("nameplateOtherBottomInset", -1)
    /run for k, v in pairs({"nameplateMaxDistance", "nameplateOtherTopInset", "nameplateOtherBottomInset"}) do SetCVar(v, GetCVarDefault(v)) end
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2016-07-22 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Don't know if anyone mentioned this but the nameplates now show up when you click a friendly target instead of just their name. They are also very hard to distinguish on enemies because of the coloring. Thats just the default anyone and probably irrelevant for most addons who already have colors. The kuinameplates just before prepatch was perfect and they showed up at 40yards to show you are in range.

Seems someone made a script for the range and clumping already on wowinterface here.
    ERMAGURD! Thanks!!!
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    May well have been based upon them simply being "in range" of an ability so potentially different per class
    amg hai aastarius \o/

This new camera change with big bosses and nameplates makes my life a living hell but w/e i'll deal, they stack really weird at the top of the screen as well. I realise the addon could stop that from happening but thats not really an option during raid encounters, I do need to see them. Shit camera.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2016-07-23 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    @Stickyick79 @gream
    I'm the author of Plater, may I ask what is the main difference for you guys between the old and the new nameplates, I mean what is the main reason on why these new plates are making so many players don't like it?
    If is the design, the way it move/animate, its layout, etc...
    Thanks in advance.
    I tried and liked Plater but there some small things that made it unusable for me.

- The unit names on the nameplates can't be truncated or shortened. This means with some mobs the names are much longer than the health bars making them feel awkward.
    - The unit names are covered when the unit is casting. This was ultimately the deal breaker for me as it made Gorefiend "impossible" to do. You can move the unit name around but other elements still want to get in the way.
    - The options for enabling/disabling/customising buffs on the personal bar. Having to exclude buffs to get it to work and cooldowns overlapping with stack numbers on the personal bar were just hard to adjust.
    - No option to put multiple info on the same line. It would be nice to have choices to display things like unit name (lvl) in the same line so you would be sure they don't overlap.
    - More options for highlighting the selected unit. I wish there were more options for knowing which enemy was targeted. A selected unit border color, fading out non-selected units etc. Or even arrows pointing to the sides of the nameplate.
    - A way to "turn off" aggro color options for enemy NPCs. I probably missed the option. I see you can change the colors but not toggle off the colors.

I still like the addon and plan to keep checking back on any changes as my hunt for a Tidyplates replacement continues.

Is there any way to display the friendly npcs health bars like the old ways with shift v? used it a lot to target crowded friendly NPC or just to see who was around, now it wont display the health bars unless its a player or if i target the npc. Also, bit off topic, any way to display the targets health/resource numbers but not my own? i want to see the numbers from my targets but the numbers on me its annyoing as hell, with the new UI options i can either see both or none.
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

Deleted
    Since this seems like the thread to ask it, is there no Addon that replicates how the name plates looked and behaved before legion? The old name plates worked for me just fine, if it's possible I'd love to have them back.

Just been using Tidy Plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinstri View Post
    Just been using Tidy Plates.
    I haven't been able to make tidyplates work yet. How did you get them to work?

I'm not sure if it's the addon itself but kui nameplates just doesn't seem to work as intended. Trying to find an alternative to tidy plates until I get it to work.

I have "stack nameplates" checked in interface options but still the addon does a terrible job at not bunching them together. Tidy plates showed everything very clear and easy to click on.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the addon itself but kui nameplates just doesn't seem to work as intended. Trying to find an alternative to tidy plates until I get it to work.

I have "stack nameplates" checked in interface options but still the addon does a terrible job at not bunching them together. Tidy plates showed everything very clear and easy to click on.
    I suspect it isn't the add-on's fault... but the new default settings that Blizzard has made.

The question I have in regards to these new nameplates: Is there any addon that gives me the old nameplates? I really just prefered them

I really wonder what Beta is for or if Blizzard doesn't test many of the things they implement, the current behaviour of the nameplates is basically beyond broken because they clamp to your view (which isn't too bad) but once they do this they no longer start stacking so you have all the nameplates in one line.

We need the nameplates to still be able to stack when they clamp, right now this doesn't work so the new clamping behaviour sucks really hard in dungeons/raids.

Btw thanks for the script posted here, no more namedplates in one line.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2016-07-24 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I haven't been able to make tidyplates work yet. How did you get them to work?
    This. For the love of fedora atheist, this. I did run my first dungeon after the patch today and god damn these new blizzard nameplates are horrible. There's nameplates all over the screen, i can't even tell which of them belongs to the pack i'm dpsing, if the packs are too close each other. I could not even tell if i had aggro. Tried to make tidyplates work about hour for no avail and now i'm fucking angry. Argh! Seriously i can't play with those basic blizz nameplates anymore.

Maybe i try some of those other nameplate addons when waiting tidyplates to fix themselves...

Edit: got Kuinameplates and that 40 yard range script, hopefully i can manage to play now.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-07-24 at 02:21 PM.

Not sure if I'm going crazy but have the font of the nameplate names and possibly in the player unit frames changed since the patch?
    It looks very different to me. And in case it has does anyone know what the previous font was?