Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    What is so incredibly clunky about it?

I don't share your opinion, the Boulderspec playstyle is smooth, so I'm wondering what I'm missing ;-)
    its probs that atm hailstorm is best talent so using two melstrom abilities just to keep buffs up then not having much maelstrom for lava lash and stormstrike when you actually need it, not to mention the slow mechanics require you to melee your target not slow on hit from the ability itself make our ability to close gaps without feral lunge pretty meh. this is on live though not beta so my experience might change when wep comes out but i play enhance mostly in pvp this expansion so in that regard its very lackluster atm, if wolves arnt up then its hard to keep maelstrom up in ascendence if your enemy is far away making the 30 yard stormstrike invalid. its not bad but it def is clunky in situations where it shouldnt be

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    its probs that atm hailstorm is best talent so using two melstrom abilities just to keep buffs up then not having much maelstrom for lava lash and stormstrike when you actually need it, not to mention the slow mechanics require you to melee your target not slow on hit from the ability itself make our ability to close gaps without feral lunge pretty meh. this is on live though not beta so my experience might change when wep comes out but i play enhance mostly in pvp this expansion so in that regard its very lackluster atm, if wolves arnt up then its hard to keep maelstrom up in ascendence if your enemy is far away making the 30 yard stormstrike invalid. its not bad but it def is clunky in situations where it shouldnt be
    Hailstorm is the best in pve, but is that also the case in pvp? Admittedly, I havent done any pvp on live so I cant speak from experience but considering how close the two of them are in the patchwork sims, it seems like the combo of losing DW + having trouble using it/lower uptime should push AS ahead. Heck, LS may be ahead of both if you're getting hit enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Hailstorm is the best in pve, but is that also the case in pvp? Admittedly, I havent done any pvp on live so I cant speak from experience but considering how close the two of them are in the patchwork sims, it seems like the combo of losing DW + having trouble using it/lower uptime should push AS ahead. Heck, LS may be ahead of both if you're getting hit enough.
    I would never take Hailstorm over ancestral swiftness in PvP. It increases your ramp up to burst and relies on melee uptime which enh shamans have so little off at the moment.

But enhancement shamans and ele shamans in general are painfully weak in PvE. Frostbrand needs to be 30 yard range on activation and snare the target like frost shock. Hell, it should also carry over rooting the target if the target is a certain distance away.

Then, enhancement needs shamanistic rage back with the glyph debuff dispel baked into it.

Wolves should go back to healing, or while they're active the shaman's heals should be empowered. Or rather, heals should be empowered while astral shift or shamanistic rage is active.

Astral Shift is pitifully inadequate at the moment.

....you mean you're just now experiencing what EVERY single spec in the game has gone through at one time or another? Welcome to Warcraft bro. Learn to play alts

Have to disagree, I for one am finding it interesting. It sucks that we don't have much in terms of totems and such but all the buffs from weapons and aoe slams, etc have made it rather neat. I hadn't played enhancement in forever and actually had fun running around tanaan just wrecking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Enhancement has been my spec of choice for years, the only spec I truly ever enjoyed for many expansions but this change in Legion is a total kill joy for me.

I am not a fan of the new playstyle having to build energy and then consume the energy.... also all the new buff timers, having to keep an eye on them..... I am actually demoralised now that my favourite spec in the game has been taken away from me QQ

How do you guys feel?
    I feel the same. I hate the new Enh, it's boring as hell, it has lost all its fun from my point of view... I'm going back to my Vanilla and BC main : Feral.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Enhancement has been my spec of choice for years, the only spec I truly ever enjoyed for many expansions but this change in Legion is a total kill joy for me.

I am not a fan of the new playstyle having to build energy and then consume the energy.... also all the new buff timers, having to keep an eye on them..... I am actually demoralised now that my favourite spec in the game has been taken away from me QQ

How do you guys feel?
    You've always had to build and spend maelstrom. It's just a bar now instead of stacks.
    Last edited by Snes; 2016-07-29 at 08:27 PM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Are you judging it from the pre-patch or the beta at 110 and a fully geared artifact? That could make a difference.

This has been said many times here so far, but I just want to echo how much more like an "enhancement" shaman I feel like. I leveled my shaman as Enhancement back in BC and really enjoyed it. Switched to Elemental in Wrath, but always paid attention to what Enh was looking like. I never understood the idea of instant casting LB.

Now I imbue with weapons with Fire and Frost and randomly (not often enough at my current mastery) Air. I then use those imbued weapons to wreak havoc upon my enemies. This is how I've always envisioned the spec needing to play. I absolutely love it, and will be maining Enhancement for the first time in 9 years.

Crash Lightning IS a little wonky but it gives some skill cap space so I can improve as I get better at it.
    Last edited by Lionsword; 2016-07-29 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Grammar is hard