PVP twinks are alive!!

Hey guys. Just want to thanks blizzard for returning of PVP twinks. One of the changes in the patch is the option to queue battleground with stopped EXP. Playing lot of games yesterday for my 70lvl rogue and got a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Obviously you would because PvP twinks are now even stronger than before with the new scaling system. I wouldn't bank on this lasting if I were you though.

why use "twink" and not "alt"? twink means something completely different...

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    Twink means a toon specifically made for that bracket that has the best of the best gear/enchants/whatever.
    An alt is something that's not a main.

A twink is always an alt. An alt is not always a twink.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Twink means a toon specifically made for that bracket that has the best of the best gear/enchants/whatever.
    An alt is something that's not a main.

A twink is always an alt. An alt is not always a twink.
    I knew people who's mains were level 19. They spent more time on their twinks than their mains.

Quote Originally Posted by FaerinSF View Post
    Hey guys. Just want to thanks blizzard for returning of PVP twinks. One of the changes in the patch is the option to queue battleground with stopped EXP. Playing lot of games yesterday for my 70lvl rogue and got a lot of fun.
    "Yay I get to pick on people less geared than me since I can't cut it against people on a level playing ground" -Anyone who liked twinks being with the normal population.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Which is now meaningless. Template PvP is here; enchants and trinkets are disabled, and everyones stats are set to e top of the bracket at the iLevel of Heirlooms.

How are you stronger? I thought everything that could possibly make you a twink got disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Which is now meaningless. Template PvP is here; enchants and trinkets are disabled, and everyones stats are set to e top of the bracket at the iLevel of Heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    How are you stronger? I thought everything that could possibly make you a twink got disabled?
    I'm merely defining what Twink means versus Alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I knew people who's mains were level 19. They spent more time on their twinks than their mains.
    That is news to me. I'll take you for your word on that one. Interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Stats are pretty much based on item level. Heirlooms don't really have an item level even though they nowadays pretend to. Meaning anyone with heirlooms is a whole lot weaker than they ought to be. With item level being so big, most low level pvp alts will be stronger because the items they go for tend to are some of the best ilevel wise in PvP.

A word means whatever the community uses that word for. In our community, its a character gearboosted by a main. Language is fluid.

Deleted
    Encore, exactly. If some other community uses the word in their fetish that's not our problem. I remember some yaoi fangirl whom I'm friends with joining the community and being outright offended at this. These people have issues.

Deleted
    Go to google. Chose picture, allow mature content, search for twink. It is not a low level toon I see :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    And level means nothing, I have a lowbie pvp server and I used my 90 boost for a hunter there so she could farm gold to filter enchants down to them. That toon is now 100, but did nothing but garrison farm. My next highest is... 64 cuz i randomly decided to level a ret. My main on that server is a level 24 hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I expect nerfs but twinking is actually stronger than ever at 19 and 29. (edit: Maybe not stronger than ever, if you compare to Vanilla/TBC era, but certainly in post heirloom WoW).

First off, they turned off level scaling, so level 10's now have to PvP as a level 10, meaning you can't even hit a 19 because of their dodge % vs your attacks. (As well as the extra talents you get at the highest level of the bracket).

The iLvl scaling system was built for max level where the range is like 820->880, meaning a pretty small % difference. At 19 the baseline is ilvl 24 but there are items you can get to boost some slots to as much as 90. The result is toons with full ilvl gear are about 50% stronger than everyone else. So, this is ilvl boosts of like 400%, whereas the system was built assuming there would be differences more like 10%.

Good news however is that most of the ilvl boosted gear is extremely easy to obtain. The only hard to get item is the arena trinket, but kudos to anyone with the dedication to get 11 wins in Gurubashi. I have done it once and have the trinket on 1 level 29 twink, and I'll never do it again.
    Last edited by Krimson; 2016-07-22 at 04:21 PM.