Thread: New Affliction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Watching my mana bar deplete every time I channel Drain Life is pretty depressing.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    Oh, don't worry I know. I'm just saying that generally speaking, GoSup is a horribly lazy and wasteful talent. It is neither good nor an interesting choice, but for people who don't really want to be all that involved with rotations can pick it and not worry about having that extra cooldown. I'd just prefer they had made a different, less passive talent in it's stead.
    It's an excellent talent from the perspective of letting players customize the number of cooldowns and keybinds they want to use. Baseline, you have Infernal/Doomguard as a cooldown. Then the Grimoire talent row lets you either add a cooldown (Service), have the same number (Sacrifice), or have one less cooldown (Supremacy). For us casuals, many of us appreciate Blizzard's goal of customizing complexity up or down quite a bit, especially considering how overdesigned the rotations had become in MoP/WoD.

I just wanna say it is absolutely hilarious to me the amount of QQ'ing going on in these forums and the official ones about how "OP" affliction locks are right now. Classes that UTTERLY wrecked us unless we had all our CD's are usually the most upset, they don't realize that we have lost teleportation, instant shadowfury, and so much more yet "we're unkillable now" hahahahahhaha its so great. I honestly don't think Aff locks are OP or broken at all, i think we finally have a chance against those classes that I literally alt-tabbed for and waited until I died so I'd have all my CD's up at the same time.

I still die plenty, but im also killing people more, and that is awesome, and I love the state warlocks are in currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friend and I literally went 65-3 in 2v2 skirmishes the other night as double affliction (went on a 50+ game win streak after adjusting talents). The damage is fine, even though it's incredibly easy. They really need to cut down the self healing of the spec in PvP. It's way too hard to kill at the moment, and literally impossible if you take demonskin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    I still die plenty, but im also killing people more, and that is awesome, and I love the state warlocks are in currently.
    If you die as affliction, you are doing something wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    Friend and I literally went 65-3 in 2v2 skirmishes the other night as double affliction (went on a 50+ game win streak after adjusting talents). The damage is fine, even though it's incredibly easy. They really need to cut down the self healing of the spec in PvP. It's way too hard to kill at the moment, and literally impossible if you take demonskin.
    Hahah, I did the same last night, but with a feral druid friend. He died first in almost every game... yet we won roughly 95% of games.. did maybe 50 or so games.. Affliction currently on live with prepatch is so silly!

I saw myself swapping between the end talents frequently though, I must say, none of them feel super interesting and rather situational..

As for the damage (on live) it's pretty good imo... I thought I would hate the new unstable aff, but it's actually pretty nice, either doing em on multi just for rot damage, but still having the option of stacking them on one target when going for a kill. Topped damage in every single 2's game pretty much, with at least 50% more damage than nr.2 ramping as high as almost 3 times the damage..

As for the survivability, it's insane currently.. I died 1 or 2 games I think, vs melee cleaves such as ass rogue and feral, they were both low enough that my feral buddy would stomp them though.. I enjoy the new no mobility but hey, I can tank stuff again vision that blizzard seems to have.. As said though, we'll see how it balances out at 110, at 100 it's over the top

Dunno how it will play out at 110 with pvp talents and so on I suppose.

Nah, when 2+ more people are attacking you and you have no CD's you'll die. Liars go to hell KrayZee

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    Double Affl in 2's is pretty stupid right now, that I can agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    Hahah, I did the same last night, but with a feral druid friend. He died first in almost every game... yet we won roughly 95% of games.. did maybe 50 or so games.. Affliction currently on live with prepatch is so silly!

I saw myself swapping between the end talents frequently though, I must say, none of them feel super interesting and rather situational..

As for the damage (on live) it's pretty good imo... I thought I would hate the new unstable aff, but it's actually pretty nice, either doing em on multi just for rot damage, but still having the option of stacking them on one target when going for a kill. Topped damage in every single 2's game pretty much, with at least 50% more damage than nr.2 ramping as high as almost 3 times the damage..

As for the survivability, it's insane currently.. I died 1 or 2 games I think, vs melee cleaves such as ass rogue and feral, they were both low enough that my feral buddy would stomp them though.. I enjoy the new no mobility but hey, I can tank stuff again vision that blizzard seems to have.. As said though, we'll see how it balances out at 110, at 100 it's over the top

Dunno how it will play out at 110 with pvp talents and so on I suppose.
    Agreed, a lot of those classes that we're stomping now will probably come back and haunt us at 110

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the main thing I'm worried about is the gold traits for the affli artifact... two on kill procs, ain't gonna help anything in arena, with the exception of the occasional pet that dies. It feels incredibly weak compared to others gold traits.. Buut, I don't have the beta, so I don't know how it plays out. Generally the gold traits feels worthless though, I'm dreading having to spend points to get them, just to get the other traits in a pvp perspective..

Deleted
    Nah, when 2+ more people are attacking you and you have no CD's you'll die. Liars go to hell KrayZee
    You are right, if you say it like that, Warlocks are not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    Nah, when 2+ more people are attacking you and you have no CD's you'll die.
    CDs? aff lock abilities have no CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Pact and Unending Resolve are defensive cooldowns. That's what he's referring to most likely.

Right now (in 2v2 skirmishes) a warlock's teammate can die and the warlock can clean up 1v2 as either demo or affliction. If it's double wizard a warlock can straight up 1v2 a lot of the time too.

Quote Originally Posted by FOO914 View Post
    CDs? aff lock abilities have no CD.
    dark pact, healthstone, damage reduction, infernal stun...yes we do starchild