Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I wonder if this will reign in the 'Varian is alive!' people, though I guess we'll still have to see the cinematic to know if that theory has a prayer of being true or not. As for the Lion, well he IS named after the previous Lion of Azeroth.
    Man. If Varian will survive Broken Shore do you really think he will keep his blades? I mean if blizzard wanna pull we found stranger who in reality is "dead" king then Varian shouldn't wear Shalamayne. Because, you know, people will spoil this "great" story line when will see swords.

And yea if blizzard make movie bloodline Lothar - Varian's mother then Lothar - Varrian - Anduin are last arathor line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Man. If Varian will survive Broken Shore do you really think he will keep his blades? I mean if blizzard wanna pull we found stranger who in reality is "dead" king then Varian shouldn't wear Shalamayne. Because, you know, people will spoil this "great" story line when will see swords.

And yea if blizzard make movie bloodline Lothar - Varian's mother then Lothar - Varrian - Anduin are last arathor line.
    But if they do go with Movie lore...what happened to Varian's sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post

The movie Is. Not. Canon. How many times must this be said? Why do people keep thinking they're going to take things like that from the movie and make them canon?

7+ Year Old Account
    The movie Is. Not. Canon. How many times must this be said? Why do people keep thinking they're going to take things like that from the movie and make them canon?
    You missed my IF kthx

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Duuuuuuuuuuudes!!!
    His throne is in the EXODAR!!! Do you know what it meaaaaaaaaans?
    1/ Stormwind is destroyed
    2/ Azeroth is destroyed
    3/ Azeroth is occupied by Legion

That last page is awesome.
    it means that anduin sits for whatever reason in the exodar.
    they could fly to the army of the light to fight the void.
    or argus or whatever.
    the exodar is a flying spaceship, azeroth doesnt need to be destroyed for it to work.

Formerly known as Arafal

Varian's mother has never been mentioned in the official canon. The movie gave her a name and a pre-existing relationship with a major lore character in Lothar.

So the thinking is that if Blizz ever wanted to talk about Varian's mother in a canon source? They'd use the movie as a starting point because it's information that most people would already be familiar with.

Plus it would make Anduin a descendent of the line that unified humanity under a single banner, giving the Wrynn line a dynastic claim to the "High Kingship" of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Disreali View Post
    Varian's mother has never been mentioned in the official canon. The movie gave her a name and a pre-existing relationship with a major lore character in Lothar.

So the thinking is that if Blizz ever wanted to talk about Varian's mother in a canon source? They'd use the movie as a starting point because it's information that most people would already be familiar with.

Plus it would make Anduin a descendent of the line that unified humanity under a single banner, giving the Wrynn line a dynastic claim to the "High Kingship" of the Alliance.
    Except Lothar's line doesn't really matter anymore. Pretty sure the elves consider their debt paid after the second war, and now the Alliance doesn't even have all of the human kingdoms in it anymore, and more and more non human races have joined. Lothar's position was only useful for two things. 1. to get the elves to show up and 2. for political reasons it made him a good choice to lead the alliance forces, making him important enough that the other Alliance leaders wouldn't feel sleighted by putting him in command in the Tides of Darkness novel.

The Alliance started off as a human affair. Other nations and races joining doesn't change that history. The logic of "the Alliance began as a coalition of human nations, therefore the leader of the Alliance should be a descendent of the line that originally unified humanity" holds in a medieval-themed high fantasy universe where bloodlines and the hereditary right to rule are still taken very seriously.

I'm not saying that Blizz will do it, just that this one element from the film's universe could make it into the main canon if they ever want to justify the Wrynn family's hold on the High Kingship.
    The HElves don't even factor into it at this point.

Deleted
    It is the Exodar, but what if it's more than that? It was once a part of the tempest keep, a interdimensional super fortress. They could have reclaimed it and the other satellite structures, loaded them with the few survivors of Azeroth and now travels in space to fight the Legion .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    His massive power was hinted at in war crimes when he had that conversation with Garrosh. It was hinted that Anduin was holding back his power, it looks like Anduin massive balls have finally dropped.
    didn't he had the power to resurrect his father at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    It is the Exodar, but what if it's more than that? It was once a part of the tempest keep, a interdimensional super fortress. They could have reclaimed it and the other satellite structures, loaded them with the few survivors of Azeroth and now travels in space to fight the Legion .
    I can see this happening, but I was thinking them as fighting against the Void instead of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    didn't he had the power to resurrect his father at some point
    I heard resurrection is very rare lore wise (except for necromancy but we know they don't come back normal)

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I heard resurrection is very rare lore wise (except for necromancy but we know they don't come back normal)
    To my understanding it is and the fact his father had JUST died was in Anduin's favor.

Deleted
    Anduin, son of Arthas. I wonder, when will he follow his real dad's footsteps.

Listening to the Anduin's theme again and again. You know what's the sad part?Varian dug his own grave by sparing Garroshes life.If he had put an end to him at the Siege of Orgrimmar,none of this would happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Listening to the Anduin's theme again and again. You know what's the sad part?Varian dug his own grave by sparing Garroshes life.If he had put an end to him at the Siege of Orgrimmar,none of this would happen.
    what your saying is, the real reason he's dead, is because of taran zhu

7+ Year Old Account
    And more sadly is Rhonin who stopped fight between Varian and Garrosh back in WoTLK. In next expansion Garrosh blowing Theramore with Rhonin inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this anduin son of arthas menethil meme ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    What is this anduin son of arthas menethil meme ??
    Ah, it is nothing more than the truth. The King that was promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    The only possible way you could think that is indirectly causing his own death by sparing Garrosh thus leading him to flee to Draenor and make the Iron Horde even though..Gul'dan acted on his own interests.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi