Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    So you aren't disagreeing that people with a lot of money are trying to control government?
    How is the NBA attempting to control government, here? They are a private company that can choose where to and where not to hold games where they will. And they're doing so.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I believe that the vast majority of people that are "upset" are feigning their level of upset because it's socially popular in their circles.
    But, that means NBA is doing the same, because Chicago and NY, 2 of the three rumored alternated and largest markets, with NO far behind as the third and smallest market. You are pretty much saying the equivalent of 'Civil was was because if the economic differences between north and south, not slaves'. In the end, you are splitting hairs... Much in the same way that passing a law that impacts so few people, seems like a silly line to draw, when it costs far more to many in the city.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way... Another corporate giant out to control the government that has also pulled out? This horrible thing:

https://youtu.be/lZD4ezDbbu4
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But, that means NBA is doing the same, because Chicago and NY, 2 of the three rumored alternated and largest markets, with NO far behind as the third and smallest market. You are pretty much saying the equivalent of 'Civil was was because if the economic differences between north and south, not slaves'. In the end, you are splitting hairs... Much in the same way that passing a law that impacts so few people, seems like a silly line to draw, when it costs far more to many in the city.
    I'm not sure what you're arguing here, but to be clear, I am not referring to either side of of the issue as being unique. I do not believe many leftists or conservatives much care about the issue. Costing your city millions of dollars over which bathroom some trannies use is a pretty stupid thing to do.

I have no clue what you're talking about with markets and the Civil War.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you're arguing here, but to be clear, I am not referring to either side of of the issue as being unique. I do not believe many leftists or conservatives much care about the issue. Costing your city millions of dollars over which bathroom some trannies use is a pretty stupid thing to do.

I have no clue what you're talking about with markets and the Civil War.
    I am saying that both sides have ulterior motives or blinded by the noise of their regions. But, regardless of those, the crux is still the target of this new law.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I am saying that both sides have ulterior motives or blinded by the noise of their regions.
    We agree on this.
    But, regardless of those, the crux is still the target of this new law.
    This I do not agree on. I don't think many people care at all about the law, I think they care about beating those evil other guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the vast majority of people that are "upset" are feigning their level of upset because it's socially popular in their circles.
    Or people can be genuinely upset because having a trans person (or any other LGBTQ) in your life that you care about has become incredibly common these days.

But I guess people can't care about other people, there's almost always some twisted political agenda.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Good for the NBA. Hopefully other businesses do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Or people can be genuinely upset because having a trans person (or any other LGBTQ) in your life that you care about has become incredibly common these days.

But I guess people can't care about other people, there's almost always some twisted political agenda.
    Actually yes. I highly doubt the NBA actually gives two fucks about transgenders. But they do like looking good for doing insignificant things like having players wear pink shoes for a few games.

It seems most of you probably don't realize but the law the NBA is most likely protesting is the right of businesses to discriminate against homosexuals. This very likely has nothing to do with transsexuals.

The recent obsession with trans people is just about the most virtue signally of all virtue signals ever. This impacts almost nobody in any meaningful way, yet here we are, getting super wound up about it.

Conservatives do their own version of "virtue signalling" when it comes to these things.

"Look at us...we're such good Christians"

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    They deserve the monetary losses for denying people of their rights, and voting for this clown in the first place. Major props for the NBA.
    You do realize the people of Charlotte actually passed something to help the LGBT bathroom issues. The state overruled them with the bathroom law everyone talks about. Charlotte was actually on the progressive side of the issue. How exactly do the people and businesses in Charlotte deserve this? If the event was in Raleigh or something, I could see your point.

What you're essentially saying is that you're happy to see Charlotte get shit on by North Carolina because they dared to even attempt to pass something to help the LGBT community. Keep throwing that support behind the NC state government and its efforts to keep cities from passing their own pro-LGBT laws. Yes, it does somewhat hurt NC as a whole, but less than Charlotte is hurt individually.

Let this be a lesson to any progressing leaning cities in states with conservative state governments. If you weigh in on a social issue like this, the state will overrule you then your city will get shit on and even the left will demonize you for it acting like you deserve it so you're better off not doing anything to help communities like the LGBT community.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2016-07-22 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Good for the NBA. Hopefully other businesses do the same.
    Should they also start boycotting states with open carry and lax gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Should they also start boycotting states with open carry and lax gun control?
    They're boycotting a state that legalizes discrimination. That does not compare to any of the other bullshit that any of you have mentioned in this thread. Unconstitutional legalized discrimination. You guys are not going to convince me this is hypocritical on any level.

The NBA lacks diversity, I dont watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The NBA lacks diversity, I dont watch it.
    The NHL lacks diversity. The NBA has the best athletes in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Seems mathematically unlikely to genuinely care about a friend who is trans - 0.3% of americans identify as trans. I don't think those 0.3% are so popular to make this "incredibly common"

Sorry if I would not be particularly happy to hear my daughter was being forced to share a shower with a boy with junk between his legs just because the boy decided he feels like a girl today ... I would wouldn't be happy if my son was forced to share a shower with a girl who decides shes a boy today ... you will never change my mind about this so what ever.

The NHL lacks diversity. The NBA has the best athletes in the world.
    Why are they the best athletes?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why are they the best athletes?
    Big penises
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Big penises
    Are you insinuating the Tennisace is prejudice against sports whose athletes have small penises?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News