Where did our visual soul shards go?

I really liked them, could just make a glyph for it, either to disable or make them float on your shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss them too.

Deleted
    I hated shards. I miss my spheres though, it was a far less obtrusive way of displaying shards around the character than the new bar they have for it beneath your character.

Hope it returns as a glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I hated shards. I miss my spheres though, it was a far less obtrusive way of displaying shards around the character than the new bar they have for it beneath your character.

Hope it returns as a glyph.
    I switched that bar off so quickly, it's in the interface menu... I have Weakauras for it anyway, but yeah that bar is just awful UI design; the on character thing was far more aesthetically appealing.

The same place most of our cool animations went. Into the void.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I switched that bar off so quickly, it's in the interface menu... I have Weakauras for it anyway, but yeah that bar is just awful UI design; the on character thing was far more aesthetically appealing.
    I've kept mine on for the time being - it hasn't bugged me enough to get rid of it and I'm interested to see'f I ever get any use out of it. I can see why it was put there considering how far away from your character the default UI character portrait is, even after their attempts to zoom you in further.

Have my portrait right next to my character and another SS tracker underneath my dot trackers, so it's certainly a bit redundant, I'd be surprised if it survived until Legion before I hide it.

Really surprised the SS / Orbs disappeared though, Blizzard have made some relatively earnest attempts to make things like that more visible, whether it be character animations / effects or those glowing visuals they added a few expansions ago. Why they removed such a well designed and unintrusive cosmetic as the orbs is baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Really surprised the SS / Orbs disappeared though, Blizzard have made some relatively earnest attempts to make things like that more visible, whether it be character animations / effects or those glowing visuals they added a few expansions ago. Why they removed such a well designed and unintrusive cosmetic as the orbs is baffling.
    The orbs specifically went to Fire mages, they get them along with the Artifact. No idea why the soul shards disappeared though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    The orbs specifically went to Fire mages, they get them along with the Artifact. No idea why the soul shards disappeared though.
    Basically this for verdant spheres since fire mages have that, as for soul shards they were removed because locks start with 1 shard baseline now, it would be weird to have just 1 floating above your head.

I still think they should've kept the full shards model even with these changes, hate the fact we're now similar to a combo points type of playstyle with all 3 specs.

Banished to the nether, I presume...

10+ Year Old Account
    Washed away with tears.

Only salt remains.

Anyone else feel like they just test cool stuff out on warlocks before removing it and giving it to other classes?

Still can't believe demonic circle got downgraded into a talent while monks kept their superior clone of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Anyone else feel like they just test cool stuff out on warlocks before removing it and giving it to other classes?

Still can't believe demonic circle got downgraded into a talent while monks kept their superior clone of it.
    Not just that, they even broke it.

Since it is now a 1 button spell instead of circle placement/ port , we have to macro it to be able to replace circle if we choose to move it's location before it expires.

I don't understand why they did this given that monks still have the same old mechanic we had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Not just that, they even broke it.

Since it is now a 1 button spell instead of circle placement/ port , we have to macro it to be able to replace circle if we choose to move it's location before it expires.

I don't understand why they did this given that monks still have the same old mechanic we had.
    I went bananas when I found that out.
    I thought it was button pruning at first, but it's retarded to prune a button just to make people build their own cancel aura button instead, and monks having 2 buttons makes it look like that wasn't the goal.