Why are some weapons/items still Unique?

This has been a source of frustration for me ever since they implemented the void storage. I like void storage because I want to keep my bank as clean as possible. The one problem though is that I have things that in my opinion I should be able to put in there that I can't. Things like:

Benediction
    Jeweled Fishing Pole
    Bone Fishing Pole
    Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole

All these items are tagged as Unique and therefor cannot be put into VS. I do not understand what the point is of Benediction being a Unique? It's a quest reward, they are unique by default. Have Blizzard ever given a reasoning behind why are keeping the Unique tag around for items like this?
    Same thing with fishing poles. It's not like they are opening themselves up to some massive exploiting scandal by allowing you to own more than one Bone Fishing Pole.

It's Blizzard's M.O. There's always some dumb caveat to everything they do in this game.

Because some people played that way long time ago it would be sad to come back and see that Unique weapon got changed to shitty rare or smth
    Last edited by Driveskull; 2016-10-27 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Driveskull View Post
    Because some people played that way long time ago it would be sad to come back and see that Unique weapon got changed to shitty rare or smth
    Unique means you can only have 1 on you/in your bank at a time, it has nothing to do with item rarity color