Quote Originally Posted by Emphase View Post
    According to Simcraft I deal ~3.1k more damage with wrist+895 belt (with belt I have to use 880 wrists). Does Simcraft consider all the effects?
    I'm talking only about numbers, I didn't try it seriously (will do it tonight on myth Xavius).

EDIT:

447780 Belt+Ring
    450816 Wrist+Ring
    440244 Belt+Ring ES
    In simcraft does your SoV damage look really high? Simcraft may be assuming you can proc the bracers on cd and hit your target with the effect.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urw View Post
    guys don't you think faulty countermeasure got nerfed? I think its doing less dmg than before the patch.
    I noticed this too, it's now simming lower than my HoV and a higher ilevel stat stick. I just figured it was due to the GBoM removal /shrug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I noticed this too, it's now simming lower than my HoV and a higher ilevel stat stick. I just figured it was due to the GBoM removal /shrug.
    most of our skills now do 12% more dmg it is to be expected that the share for FCM gets smaller. did you check the absolute numbers as well?

Well, did 6/10 H NH tonight. Felt pretty pretty useless on most fights.

Tons of target swapping, AoE and mobility needed.

A few of the fights might be better after we clean up some mechanics, but still not a fan.

Deleted
    grrr why do you Americans get to play with the new toys always a day early...

which skill set did you run? Full AOE? Cleave? single Target?

Just wanted to ask about Ret having haste "breakpoints". Around 21-22% my haste either gains value or loses value depending if my haste is higher or lower respectively. Are there any other breakpoints higher then the 21-22% mark?

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Well, did 6/10 H NH tonight. Felt pretty pretty useless on most fights.

Tons of target swapping, AoE and mobility needed.

A few of the fights might be better after we clean up some mechanics, but still not a fan.
    Did all of the bosses feel that way?
    Or was it someone in particular?

+1 to Knusper's point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrav View Post
    Just wanted to ask about Ret having haste "breakpoints". Around 21-22% my haste either gains value or loses value depending if my haste is higher or lower respectively. Are there any other breakpoints higher then the 21-22% mark?
    There...is....no...breakpoint.....at.....20%............Which guide is saying this?!?!? Everybody seems to be coming on here talking about a 20% breakpoint. The breakpoints are 12.5% or 31.25%. Anywhere between haste values fluctuate depending on your other stats as haste/crit/vers are very similar in terms of value.

The ONLY thing that is recommended is 20% haste makes the spec not feel like shit to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    There...is....no...breakpoint.....at.....20%............Which guide is saying this?!?!? Everybody seems to be coming on here talking about a 20% breakpoint. The breakpoints are 12.5% or 31.25%. Anywhere between haste values fluctuate depending on your other stats as haste/crit/vers are very similar in terms of value.

The ONLY thing that is recommended is 20% haste makes the spec not feel like shit to play.
    actually you do have a slight peak in haste value around this percentage but not as significant as around the points you mentioned. something about the debuff downtime of judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    actually you do have a slight peak in haste value around this percentage but not as significant as around the points you mentioned. something about the debuff downtime of judgement.
    Sure but its not a legit breakpoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Sure but its not a legit breakpoint.
    he asked if there was a breakpoint. By putting into "" he already conceded that breakpoint might not be the 100% correct term for the 20-22% range. He later asked for a real breakpoint which indeed exists at 31,5% haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    he asked if there was a breakpoint. By putting into "" he already conceded that breakpoint might not be the 100% correct term for the 20-22% range. He later asked for a real breakpoint which indeed exists at 31,5% haste.
    And it helps if I read it properly instead of skimming and missing the quotes :P

The theoretical haste breakpoint is at 12.5%, I agree. I think the problem is, that you don't have a 100% uptime with 0ms lag, thus you need some more haste to compensate. Here is a short table:

GCD -- Time

At 12.5% haste

1 -- 0
    2 -- 1,33
    3 -- 2,66
    4 -- 4
    5 -- 5,33
    6 -- 6,66
    7 -- 8

At 15%

1 -- 0
    2 -- 1,3
    3 -- 2,6
    4 -- 3,9
    5 -- 5,2
    6 -- 6,5
    7 -- 7,8

At 20%

1 -- 0
    2 -- 1,25
    3 -- 2,5
    4 -- 3,75
    5 -- 5
    6 -- 6,25
    7 -- 7,5

Napkin math incoming: At 20% haste we have a maximum wiggling room of 500ms for our 7th GCD in the Judgment window. Now if you have 25ms ping, you will probably need to add a little bit of that into the equation (I think?). At the maximum we'd need to add 7x25ms = 175ms, so with 20% haste we have 500ms - 175ms = 325ms wiggle room. Now consider that you have to position yourself during a raid encounter and the boss isn't always stationary, you could lose some uptime that comes close to this number. I think that is why people want to shoot for 20-22% haste, just so you have an easier time to get the 7th GCD into the Judgment window.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, then just disregard everything I've said.

I only did 7/10 N and 3/10 H but I can give some tips:

Skorpyon: Use DH, there is a lot of movement so Cons may be a bit a hit and miss. Don't need to target swap if your tanks are doing their job, DS cleave and DH is enough.
    Chrono: Use DH for a bit of cleave, useful when sets of 4 adds spawn.
    Trilliax: ST. Use Cavalier, helps with movement at certain points and with getting to cakes faster.
    Aluriel: Normal get DH and Cons since its just pull together and AoE. Heroic get DH. Cons is a choice but adds may move around a lot, specially frost ones.
    Botanist: Go with DH. A lot of target swapping and movement.
    Star Augur: Mostly ST. Need to swap in third phase. Be prepared to do crap DPS on second phase.
    Tich: Get DH, lots of cleave. After Crusade+pull, save Crusade for after you get orb buff. We lusted after we got out of first illusion phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post
    I only did 7/10 N and 3/10 H but I can give some tips:

Skorpyon: Use DH, there is a lot of movement so Cons may be a bit a hit and miss. Don't need to target swap if your tanks are doing their job, DS cleave and DH is enough.
    Chrono: Use DH for a bit of cleave, useful when sets of 4 adds spawn.
    Trilliax: ST. Use Cavalier, helps with movement at certain points and with getting to cakes faster.
    Aluriel: Normal get DH and Cons since its just pull together and AoE. Heroic get DH. Cons is a choice but adds may move around a lot, specially frost ones.
    Botanist: Go with DH. A lot of target swapping and movement.
    Star Augur: Mostly ST. Need to swap in third phase. Be prepared to do crap DPS on second phase.
    Tich: Get DH, lots of cleave. After Crusade+pull, save Crusade for after you get orb buff. We lusted after we got out of first illusion phase.
    now that is some useful feedback thanks

grrr why do you Americans get to play with the new toys always a day early...

which skill set did you run? Full AOE? Cleave? single Target?
    I ran FV/Zeal/DH on Skorp and Anomaly. FV/Zeal/BoW on the rest. I definitely should have went with Consecration on Skorp and likely should have used DH on Aluriel and Tich.

Quote Originally Posted by My Winter Storm View Post
    Did all of the bosses feel that way?
    Or was it someone in particular?
    I felt pretty good on Aluriel and Krosus, but the rest really seemed to expose ret's weaknesses.

Skorp was a zerg fest. Had mages, hunters, DHs and a moonkin doing 2-3.5 times my DPS with their passive cleave. That normally wouldn't bother me, but since I'm stuck with Liadrin's/Justice Gaze(in a guild where almost everyone has their two BiS legendaries ), my single target is lacking now too. Curious to see how Consecration does next week.

Lots of prio add swapping on Anomaly and Tich. Again, I think I would have felt better if I was doing more ST on the boss.

Trilliax felt the worst. My mobility got really exposed. Hoping it improves with experience.
    Last edited by dnicks17; 2017-01-18 at 04:05 PM.

It also depends on your raid strategy. For example, in Trilliax, if you are lucky, get the cakes closest to boss for less movement. In Botanist, make your range be the ones to kill adds so you keep cleaving boss but depending on your composition that may be difficult (we had few ranged DPS so a couple of melee including me had to switch around). Also in Star Augur it helps to have DH just to do passive DPS on priority add when you turn around to avoid damage on big AoE, also it helps cleave small adds. On Tich, get close to boss so when blood adds come you can land a couple of DH ticks asap. DH helps a lot on illusion phase.

I just did 5/10 hc as well using DH on most expect the pure ST ones which was only 1-2 so far. I think we are doing top notch deeps!!

And YES.. If you cheese a bit you can get dream logs, like just let Skarners demonspawns join the party and hello divine hammer + concentration funtime blabla..

Deleted
    most of our skills now do 12% more dmg it is to be expected that the share for FCM gets smaller. did you check the absolute numbers as well?
    Wich means that those skills have better strength scaling as well which would mean that the value of hov's use effect has increased so I can see a higher ilvl horn being better dps than a lower countermeasures.

Depending on just how big the ilvl difference is though but overall the gap between them has decreased for this patch

So Ret-specific Nerf incoming, I am getting some really positive vibes out of it.

here's a link
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1450521?page=1

- - - Updated - - -

So balanced.
    Harmony.
    I bask in this stupendous equilibrium that is bestowed upon us yet again by the Wise Masters of Bzzord.