Quote Originally Posted by Fharlion View Post
    Do not use the gear recommendation feature on askmrrobot. Often times it recommends me gear that sims 5-15k dps lower in their own simulator than my actual equips do.
    Hey catching up here after a couple of days!

It sounds like you aren't using custom stat weights. The defaults are for just 1 setup, like stats listed in guides. You definitely will want to run a custom 'gearing strategy' on Ask Mr. Robot - when you do that, it also simulates every single item with a proc at various iLevels. Then that info gets bundled in with the stat weight report so that all trinket lists, etc, are custom to you AND ranked directly from simulations.

If you try it again, let me know how the results turn out. Here's a short guide on how to do that. http://i.imgur.com/r2gpuBW.jpg (also tagging @S3nsenmann in case you haven't seen the guide yet).

@Fharlion, You also said it's questionable? If you know of a bug, hit me up and I will get it fixed right away.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

So if I have the belt+ring, I don't really need the cape then?

Currently I have belt, ring, and the helm, so I'd rather start going for prot legendaries if the cape isn't going to help much.

Deleted
    Recently got 910 tf gul'dan trinket. Is it better to use the trinket at 15 stacks of crusade? and then after just use it on cd? Its just so awkard to use because it doesn't line up with wings

I'm using Weakauras and I'm wanting to track 4p and TFOJ. What are the spell id's for weakauras?

Quote Originally Posted by Holymind View Post
    Recently got 910 tf gul'dan trinket. Is it better to use the trinket at 15 stacks of crusade? and then after just use it on cd? Its just so awkard to use because it doesn't line up with wings
    It depends on your legendary items, quite frankly the trinket may be worthless. HFC doesnt have alot of pure single target fights and if you have the legendary cape or ring you might be losing dps by using the trinket in crusade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    It depends on your legendary items, quite frankly the trinket may be worthless. HFC doesnt have alot of pure single target fights and if you have the legendary cape or ring you might be losing dps by using the trinket in crusade.
    Lulz apart from HFC mention is spot on.
    Their retarded legendaries with their retarded rng affect gameplay quite much for ret pallies. Wonder if this is the case for other classes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Lulz apart from HFC mention is spot on.
    Their retarded legendaries with their retarded rng affect gameplay quite much for ret pallies. Wonder if this is the case for other classes as well.
    Oh... I need the sleeps. I meant NH...

I need help on trinket and leg selection. I have Belt and Kil'jaeden's Burning wish equipped and my other legendaries are magnum opus and armguards of awe. My other equipped trinket is 900 cof and i have 885 cyristalline scorpid(with socket), 885 dos and 900 hunger of the pack(2063 str, 1180 crit) in my bag. I also have 4set and my stats are crit 23, haste 21, mastery 28 and vers 9. Should i go with my equipped legendaries or should i choose magnum instead of leg trinket and use claw or dos as other trinket. I checked the trinket guide on discord channel and it says that burning wish loses its value with belt and it stands at the bottom on the list. And is it wise to use ppp or old war, cause after several trial im still not sure which one is better for me.

Deleted
    http://thesilverhand.net has all the answers you could ever want

Quote Originally Posted by himone View Post
    I need help on trinket and leg selection. I have Belt and Kil'jaeden's Burning wish equipped and my other legendaries are magnum opus and armguards of awe. My other equipped trinket is 900 cof and i have 885 cyristalline scorpid(with socket), 885 dos and 900 hunger of the pack(2063 str, 1180 crit) in my bag. I also have 4set and my stats are crit 23, haste 21, mastery 28 and vers 9. Should i go with my equipped legendaries or should i choose magnum instead of leg trinket and use claw or dos as other trinket. I checked the trinket guide on discord channel and it says that burning wish loses its value with belt and it stands at the bottom on the list. And is it wise to use ppp or old war, cause after several trial im still not sure which one is better for me.
    Stay with your equipped legendaries. That graph is showing Burning Wish as where it would be if you had two DPS legendaries and had to replace one. If you only have one other DPS legendary, Burning Wish is solid.

What is true, and what they might be trying to convey, is that Chain of Thrayn synergises well with most trinkets, but adds absolutely no value to Burning Wish, which is completely unaffected by damage buffs. So Wish isn't as MUCH better than other trinkets as it is if you didn't have the belt. But it's still excellent and should be one of your trinkets until you get another DPS legendary.

Note, you won't want to just use CoF all the time. If the fight time is going to be such that CoF doesn't give you much benefit, use one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Stay with your equipped legendaries. That graph is showing Burning Wish as where it would be if you had two DPS legendaries and had to replace one. If you only have one other DPS legendary, Burning Wish is solid.

What is true, and what they might be trying to convey, is that Chain of Thrayn synergises well with most trinkets, but adds absolutely no value to Burning Wish, which is completely unaffected by damage buffs. So Wish isn't as MUCH better than other trinkets as it is if you didn't have the belt. But it's still excellent and should be one of your trinkets until you get another DPS legendary.

Note, you won't want to just use CoF all the time. If the fight time is going to be such that CoF doesn't give you much benefit, use one of the others.
    Thanks for the reply, im gonna stick with my current items. As the cof preference i do the same thing that u advised, if its not gonna do ay good for me changing cof with other trinket is best depending on the fight.
    Last edited by himone; 2017-02-28 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quick rotation question:

With 4set bonus and using TFoJ and BoW with cloak and belt legendaries, do we never use CS or BoJ at 4 and 3 HP respectively to avoid our 4set proccing and wasting 1 HP?

Also, does CS have a higher priority than BoJ even though we might waste some BoJ procs? For example, at 2HP with CS at 2 charges and BoJ off cd, would u CS, then TV, then BoJ and CS?

wanted to make sure I was reading the relic chart right.

got a 900 flash of light fire relic in my cache today, will be replacing an 870 8% tv relic. I should do it right?

Quote Originally Posted by mogiz View Post
    wanted to make sure I was reading the relic chart right.

got a 900 flash of light fire relic in my cache today, will be replacing an 870 8% tv relic. I should do it right?

Yes. OBVIOUSLY a 9ilvl weapon jump is going to increase your damage way more than 2% extra tv damage.
    Will shoot the first person to say sim it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So if I have the belt+ring, I don't really need the cape then?

Currently I have belt, ring, and the helm, so I'd rather start going for prot legendaries if the cape isn't going to help much.
    You are ok.

There are things that influence these choices i have foung out. While the belt is definitly the best, its alot better for a blood elf than any other race because of their OP racial allowing them to immediatly get 6 stacks in 2 globals.
    I like the ring alot, especially the old version. I don't think it was OP, and i think that based on what Ion said it may get buffed a bit. Currently the HP generation stops at 27.5 seconds, so it doesnt benefit from the longer duration of your wrath relics, while the belt totally does (and the cape is always on).

TBH the belt+ ring combo is just going to be the best going forward anyway. This is because once ToS opens you will replace the cloak to keep the current 2pc in addition to the new 4pc.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    TBH the belt+ ring combo is just going to be the best going forward anyway. This is because once ToS opens you will replace the cloak to keep the current 2pc in addition to the new 4pc.
    Just got cloak today, RIP in that case. Though I don't know if they'll let you have 4 pc of T20 and 2 pc of 19 at the same time. Would encourage guilds to keep running older content just to get a slight if possible edge. Am betting they'll deactivate the 2 and 4 set bonuses of T19 when you get 4 set of T20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Don't shoot me but I sim'd a 895 blessing of protection relic against an 870 avenging wrath relic and the wrath relic sim'd significantly higher

___

Btw they fixed the tooltip for our new 4 rank trait in 7.2 to clarify that it does indeed affect Divine Hammer as well as Blade of Justice.
    Significantly higher? Wrong. Your sim is wrong. Crusade relics are worth roughly an extra 20-25 ilvls. Would be roughly the same give or take an unnoticeable amount. The one we are talking about is 2% TV damage. I mean the extra weapon damage alone will do more than that extra 2%. It's beyond a no brainer.
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2017-03-01 at 07:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Just got cloak today, RIP in that case. Though I don't know if they'll let you have 4 pc of T20 and 2 pc of 19 at the same time. Would encourage guilds to keep running older content just to get a slight if possible edge. Am betting they'll deactivate the 2 and 4 set bonuses of T19 when you get 4 set of T20.
    Will they or are they going to allow it to avoid the leg-nng-endless farm-faulty design discussion ? In ret paladin case u will have more instance-related less rng related gear that fiddles with performance

last time I checked 20 ilvl higher relic ( not weapon ) is about equal to 20ilvl lower relic with AW trait, so 30 ilvl relic is a dps increase + the TW trait on top of that.