Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    it´s rather obvious that they do take it into account even if they stated the opposite. so what about betting?

I say 4th or 5th from bottom and at 3 ret buffs for top parse 2 during crusade
    I was looking at the top parses of ret from a few fights in nighthold and they're all revolving around Retribution, hell a couple of them weren't even optimal with their actual Crusade use. One was using Convergence and he got lucky as hell and activated his second one at 1:38, then his next one was 2:10 later. He just happened to have a death on every Crusade he used. So dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I was looking at the top parses of ret from a few fights in nighthold and they're all revolving around Retribution, hell a couple of them weren't even optimal with their actual Crusade use. One was using Convergence and he got lucky as hell and activated his second one at 1:38, then his next one was 2:10 later. He just happened to have a death on every Crusade he used. So dumb.
    He is just asking someone to die for sure.
    Im doing that (on some of the easiest boses) on farm, i give wisdom to my holy priest and he dies when i have second crusade (he has legend cloak), all happy, but a lot of times he is trying to die and others healers want to rank and they heal him (funny clownfiesta).

Deleted
    Boss: top parse -> top ret parse
    Gorgoth: 1.2m -> 1.0m
    Inquisition: 1.4m -> 1.0m
    Harjatan: 1.5m -> 1.25m
    Mistress: 1.99m -> 1.86m
    Sisters: 1.15m -> 1.09m
    Host: 1.46m -> 1.17m
    Maiden: 1.3m -> 1.1m
    Kil`jeaden: 1.02m -> 844k

ok on KJ it was just one rank available but still compared to the rest of his raid lower 1/3 with BM, unholy, memewalker and surprisingly boomie behind him.
    make your own conclusions

Well I've setup this nice transmog which will easily alleviate any and all Retribution performance problems.
    It's and Arms Warrior transmog. Actually ,it is not a transmog. Still solves Retribution performance issues quite nice.

Deleted
    No need for transmogs. Just get your fishing set together, find a peaceful corner of Azeroth and start casting while looking at Argus appearing.

Deleted
    switched from flashy paladin trans mog to dull grey transmog to reflect how worth ret is in ToS

Deleted
    So I just got the new legendary chest from weekly chest, would it be worth replacing a 940 Ashes to Dust with? (Chain of Thrayn as other legendary, sadly no other good DPS leggos yet). Is there a certain stackpoint where I should be using Divine Storm in a fight using the chest?

Okay so they got graphs up.. we're the second bottom class overall. Even Max percentile where all the big Retribution procs are happening, we're on the top end of the lower spectrum when we probably should be at least hanging with the guys above in that situation. If we don't get a bit of buff, they're just wrong.

Max percentage: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13/#dataset=100
    Looking at anything lower than 99% on there and we're in a bad spot. Not as bad as Survival or Windwalker - obviously those guys need buffs - but we need to be up a bit more as well, considering paladin has no other dps specs.

Also, if you're not close enough for your divine hammers to hit anything when you fire off a divine storm, it won't activate the legendary cloak proc. Verified this just now.
    Last edited by Reith; 2017-06-21 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    While this is the retribution thread i have to say Holy isn't great log-wise either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andouin View Post
    While this is the retribution thread i have to say Holy isn't great log-wise either.
    there is a difference in if holy is doing bad or not, blizz only seems to like holy out of the paladin dps specs the most, so if it does bad it will be fixed quite fast.

Also healing meters in normal/heroic don't show any balance like something for dps.

Made it to Maiden. Seems people were tired, so it was a wipefest, so RO was called.
    I am not terribly happy with my performance. Couldn't even surpass a fething Shadowpriest. Didn't get a single piece of loot.
    A good evening's work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Made it to Maiden. Seems people were tired, so it was a wipefest, so RO was called.
    I am not terribly happy with my performance. Couldn't even surpass a fething Shadowpriest. Didn't get a single piece of loot.
    A good evening's work.
    I reached Kil'Jaeden, even had a few tries on him (seems like a pretty simple fight tbh but meh, normal). But as a 914ilvl retri, apart from the 3rd and the naga bitch,both of which are a cleavefest, my dps was baaad. I've never seen myself perform like that and for some reason, i dislike the BoJ gameplay soooo much.

Dunno, maybe it's because i was used to DH. Got some loot but apart from the vial trinket and boots that were upgrade due mostly to ilvl, i got mastery stuff (new meta???) and a cloak tier.

But yeah overall i felt like underperforming a lot.

So whats the source of rets bad performance in Tomb so far? Lack of damage or is it mechanic wise?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    So whats the source of rets bad performance in Tomb so far? Lack of damage or is it mechanic wise?
    ToS is single target. Ret is is bad at single target. ret=bad

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    ToS is single target. Ret is is bad at single target. ret=bad
    So a buff then, easy enough

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    So a buff then, easy enough
    Yep, so their solution is a 3.5% buff and pretend things are balanced.

Someone mentioned the damage being 8% difference between classes, but seems to forget that the data they're using is from the best ret in the world, likely playing with other people who aren't #1 in the world. So that 8% difference is a lot bigger when you consider an average from, say, the top 30%. And that's not including gimmicks like Retribution where people die to stupid shit (or intentionally die) for the ret to get a leg-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Yep, so their solution is a 3.5% buff and pretend things are balanced.

Someone mentioned the damage being 8% difference between classes, but seems to forget that the data they're using is from the best ret in the world, likely playing with other people who aren't #1 in the world. So that 8% difference is a lot bigger when you consider an average from, say, the top 30%. And that's not including gimmicks like Retribution where people die to stupid shit (or intentionally die) for the ret to get a leg-up.
    No, they haven't done their second round of balance changes yet. 3.5% is from before ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    No, they haven't done their second round of balance changes yet. 3.5% is from before ToS.
    Hah, second round.

How apt considering how often these useless devs have beaten ret up.

I predict that any more buffs will be minimal, putting a band-aid over fundamental problems this spec faces. Let's be honest here, any sniff of ret being top five and whichever idiot is in charge of class balance steps in and says "ret competitive... oh no, we can't let that happen".

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Hah, second round.

How apt considering how often these useless devs have beaten ret up.

I predict that any more buffs will be minimal, putting a band-aid over fundamental problems this spec faces. Let's be honest here, any sniff of ret being top five and whichever idiot is in charge of class balance steps in and says "ret competitive... oh no, we can't let that happen".
    I was pretty fine with Nighthold, and Ret wasn't really dominating. If we're close to that level of performance, I'll be okay with it. They refuse to do anything with the spec itself besides changing numbers, so that's pretty much the most we can ask for.

Deleted
    They will not do anything to change Ret except number tuning. Mechanical changes won't happen until the next .5 patch. They are working on whatever needs to be done to deliver the next content. They are not gonna take resources away from other tasks to fix Ret. The .5 patches are when those resources can be alocated to it. Until then nothing will be done.